Water Curing Marijuana

yup... clean, cold, filtered water,, then store in cool dark place,, (not the fridge)

we tried it in the fridge,,lol after a week,, it was as green as the day we put it in,,, :rofl: it preserved it real well...

HAAAA... I was there too... I have lived just over the Cali border in Cave Junction for about 33 years. My bro and I were there gathering as much as we were able. I don't remember smoking any of it... it was covered in diesel if I remember right. Sure sold a shit load of it though... ahh the memories! :bravo:

A boat went aground off the Southern Oregon coast, 1980's I think. It was stuffed with bales of high-grade pot. The bales were extremely waterlogged and the cove was somewhat inaccessible and it would have been a major undertaking to haul them out of there. The police, in all their wisdom, decided to drag them out of the cove with boats and fill the bales full of lead to sink them. They shot everything they had at them in a big shootout with the bales of evil weed. They sank.

For a while ...

A couple days later, we noticed thet there was some odd debris in the waves and the scum line along the beach was looking rather green. BUDS!
We went and got a couple trash bags and danced along the shore quickly filling them and hauling them home. We found one partially intact bale but it was too big and heavy to move all at once. Took us 3 trips. The pot was reported the following day and the local police came to clean it up. Took them days and it was still rolling in with every wave.

We took the saturated pot (the only dry stuff was in the heart of the bale - seemed to be some kind of Colombian) and filled the bathtub with clean water. We cleaned out what small sea creatures and beach sand we could. We had a large garage and spread the stuff out on newspaper and set up numerous fans. We turned it over every couple of hours and in a week we were moving out pounds of wonderful, smooth, stony (seedy too in those days) pot that came with the story of its acquisition.

It seems most of the chlorophyll had leeched out of the buds. They were an interesting bluish with yellow leaves here and there. The only problem was the occasional sea creature or piece of kelp. We always told our friends to keep an eye out for them.

So I suppose this might be "EXTREME WATER CURING".

Well I hope our friend Ultra is just on a self imposed sabbatical. Anyway, I decided to try the cure on a 10g bud. There was nothing scientific about mine, plain tap water in a large pickle jar changed daily for the first 3 days and then twice a day for 4.

The first thing I noticed was the bud turning an almost electric green for the first 2-3 days and then slowly fading. As would be expected the odour and colour in the drain water peaked the first day and then it faded. When I removed it for drying it felt much as it had when first chopped. I dried it with the control bud and the first difference I noticed was within 3 days it was drier than the control. When I had finished the visual difference was remarkable. The water cured bud had its green colours washed out and the reds were enhanced. It was an old timers dream, pure red hair. That's enough for me to try it again. As for smokeability, I don't like the stuff enough to put a big hole in a couple of back to back days so I'll defer to the testing of my peers as to it having less taste and more bang (on a finished weight basis). Mine is for a couple of older sick friends who think red hair is the bee's knees and perception is everything.

That Pacific water must be different. Living on the beach in Florida, lots of interesting stuff washes up into your front yard. Walking the dogs at sunrise means I'm often the first one to find stuff....
SEABUDZZ......fairly regularly I'll stumble across bricks or a (few times) a bale. The first time was a thrill...like hitting the lottery. Then we dried and tried to smoke what we found... PA-TOOIE!!! Tasted like SKRAG....smelled worse....and really did not work. We were heartbroken...our lottery ticket was one of those novelty gag ones from Spencer gifts. This scene has been repeated any number of times and the result is ALWAYS the same. Locals do not even bother picking up seaweed. It is always worthless. You could leave a five pound bag sitting on the corner in downtown Daytona and watch...The faces light up when they see what they've found.....then the crushing letdown when they open the bag and smell it....the smell every Fla. smoker knows....SEAWEED!!! YUCK!. The bag would likely still be sitting there. The Atlantic water cure does NOT work.:surf::surf::surf:

That Pacific water must be different. Living on the beach in Florida, lots of interesting stuff washes up into your front yard. Walking the dogs at sunrise means I'm often the first one to find stuff....
SEABUDZZ......fairly regularly I'll stumble across bricks or a (few times) a bale. The first time was a thrill...like hitting the lottery. Then we dried and tried to smoke what we found... PA-TOOIE!!! Tasted like SKRAG....smelled worse....and really did not work. We were heartbroken...our lottery ticket was one of those novelty gag ones from Spencer gifts. This scene has been repeated any number of times and the result is ALWAYS the same. Locals do not even bother picking up seaweed. It is always worthless. You could leave a five pound bag sitting on the corner in downtown Daytona and watch...The faces light up when they see what they've found.....then the crushing letdown when they open the bag and smell it....the smell every Fla. smoker knows....SEAWEED!!! YUCK!. The bag would likely still be sitting there. The Atlantic water cure does NOT work.:surf::surf::surf:

could you still make some hash?

A boat went aground off the Southern Oregon coast, 1980's I think. It was stuffed with bales of high-grade pot. The bales were extremely waterlogged and the cove was somewhat inaccessible and it would have been a major undertaking to haul them out of there. The police, in all their wisdom, decided to drag them out of the cove with boats and fill the bales full of lead to sink them. They shot everything they had at them in a big shootout with the bales of evil weed. They sank.

For a while ...

A couple days later, we noticed thet there was some odd debris in the waves and the scum line along the beach was looking rather green. BUDS!
We went and got a couple trash bags and danced along the shore quickly filling them and hauling them home. We found one partially intact bale but it was too big and heavy to move all at once. Took us 3 trips. The pot was reported the following day and the local police came to clean it up. Took them days and it was still rolling in with every wave.

We took the saturated pot (the only dry stuff was in the heart of the bale - seemed to be some kind of Colombian) and filled the bathtub with clean water. We cleaned out what small sea creatures and beach sand we could. We had a large garage and spread the stuff out on newspaper and set up numerous fans. We turned it over every couple of hours and in a week we were moving out pounds of wonderful, smooth, stony (seedy too in those days) pot that came with the story of its acquisition.

It seems most of the chlorophyll had leeched out of the buds. They were an interesting bluish with yellow leaves here and there. The only problem was the occasional sea creature or piece of kelp. We always told our friends to keep an eye out for them.

AN old buddy of mine told me that same story baou is that u

Glad to see this old thread up and running :) I've personally learned alot, and I can only thank the rest of the community for sharing their information and experiences.

:bravo: :thanks:

May this thread live forever :p

I too would like to know if water curing already dry weed would give the same results?I tried it with a little fresh bubblicious and was impressed with the result,it still had some flavour and very full bodied smoke.The rest of my plant is now air dry and in jars about 4days now.Will I ruin my bud if I water cure it now?Thanks in advance...NB.

I like to water cure so gonna bump this...
And add a couple of things I noticed along the way...when you dry the weed first then water cure the water goes dark yellow at first then later cloudy.When you put fresh bud straight into water it does`nt go yellow just straight to cloudy...I don`t know why though.Also when you refill the jars with new water if you look across the surface with the light shining across it you`ll see lots of fatty,scummy platelets like oil on water.I gently let the jars over flow until these have gone.Alternatively,remove them with a large syringe and top up with new water.If any one else has any new tips/info about water cure I`d like to here them.Regards NB

Isn't the Atlantic much warmer than the Pacific? That could be the difference in the seaweed!
I think I'll try a small experiment with water cure n- maybe I'll have more input on this in a week or two.

Hi and i must say a huge thanks to the guy that started this thread. I have yet to pop a folk harvest into water but I've just soaked an oz of swims skunk no 1 that was UN smoke able before due to crap flushing, it just didn't smoke and the ash was hard and black. I soaked for 3 days the full oz (inside my gf's stockings) for 3 days using reverse osmosised water and WOW! Its now admirable and smokes pure and smooth and its actually twice as strong although half weight. So water cure everything? No i believe a good flush and a proper air cure its best just because of weight difference, but if ever i get OP's weed and its shit I'll be doing it again.also after its soak if put on a brown paper bag and under a fan it dries in 48 hours flat...i mean bone dry. Wonder why? I'll leave THAT to the clever ones. Again this info its SPOT ON but beware a good flush and real air cure gives you full weight and smell.

Hi i put all my Bud.into oz sized amounts and pack into the leg of a pair of stockings, tie off both ends and submerge all your septate packages (like little weed sausages) in a bucket add a plate to cover and keep under! Once 7 days is up cut open and plop onto drying area. No trichomes lost- also when changing water nothing is lost over the top AND no strainer needed. I even squash em down after emptying last time to get all water out. Its very effective guys.

For a while ...

Epic story lol

hey I was wondering if you can water cure weed that has already been dried out. Thanks I'm a newbie:tokin::yummy:

I've bought some nasty shit before and water cured it. It was already assumable air dried, but was almost impossible to vaporize. So I soaked it for 5-7 days and changed the water daily. On day 3 I started drying some of it to smoke and when I finally got to the stuff that was underwater the most, it was the best smoking.

So if you ever get nasty F grade weed, then water cure it.

:thumb: My wife and I always use the "water cure" method. We grow and process our own MJ, no one knows but us.

I can honestly say that the quality is much better (more potent). It's also very good for stealth because it does not have much of a smell before or after use, like air cured MJ. It's also much better for you because all of the crap has leached out of it in to the water.

But... if you love the smell and taste of MJ, the "water cure" would not be for you.

Hello All! I'm back with a topic that I haven't been able to find in searches in these forums: Water Curing your buds!

Lets break it down:

Air Curing is done to remove chlorophyll and other salts, etc that are built up in the plant during it life cycle. It allows for a smoother smoke and tastier product. People do this by utilizing oxygen in the air. Oxygen works oxidize the chlorophyll and break it down on a chemical level. This takes 2-4 weeks, but allows for the best aroma and "bag appeal" which is important to some people.
Results:
-Burning is still somewhat harsh and will leave more ash behind
-More bag appeal: more color to the buds
-better taste and aroma

Water Curing is done by cutting down your buds and removing the fan leaves. It's optional to do further trimming, but note that cured trimmings always make better hash. Place them in a bin of Reverse Osmosis water and keep below above 65F and below 75F. Use something to gently weigh them down. Once a day for 3-7 days (depending on personal preference) change out the water with clean fresh RO water. Because there is a high concentration of chlorophyll and salts in the buds and none in the water, Osmosis will naturally occur, drawing it out of the plant until the levels are equal. The water is changed out to keep the osmotic pressure at its highest: day old water will not have the same osmotic force to suck out everything. After the 3-7 days, hang and dry the buds like you normally would. Done!
Results:
-Less bag appeal
-The smoothest bud you'll ever smoke
-Bud is more potent, but only because the total weight is reduced. IE- where you may get 1.5g air curing, you'll only get 1g with water cure: a much purer product
-Using them method allows you to pump in nutrients all the way to the end, with NO 1-2 weeks of flushing. That could increase yields significantly.

Remember that nothing we want to smoke is water soluble. That means it will not leach out into the water. The only thing that can happen is trichomes can break off if you treat the buds roughly: be gentle.

I will be water curing a portion of my first harvest scheduled for the first week of FEB, and will be sure to provide results (will air dry a 10g bud, and water cure a 10g bud for example, and provide weight and smoke results)

Having literally just smoked water-cured Amnesia, I can confirm that water-curing produces a smoother smoke and is as potent as air-cured, HOWEVER some taste (the vital taste and smell we all love) is definitely lost in translation and replaced with a cottony dryness. If you require weed that is potent and a lot less stinkin',
then it might serve you well to water-cure your buds. NOT FOR ME.

Back
Top Bottom