Water Flow Control Valve for RDWC Hydroponic System

dudewithaquestion

Hi, im just wondering if anyone knows what or where i can use and find for some sort of water flow control. I am running a 12 site rdwc system. I am using 920GPH submersible water pump thats pumps my nutrients via a 1/2 inch tubing to each of the buckets that then waterfalls into each bucket. But the problem I am having is that for the 1st 4-6 buckets the waterfall / water flow is insane and just about blasts the roots off and then for the rest of the buckets it slows and to the final 2-4 buckets it barely drips in. Now im about to upgrade the size of my system and make 24 sites which means i will need a ton of pumps or some sort of flow control valve where i can turn down the power of the flow in the 1st 6-10 buckets so that all the buckets will get even amount of flow.

what or where could i get some of these valves. i seen some on ebay but they look cheap and are from china which means if i order them they will take 4-6 months to get here.... if they get here at all because i have about a 2/10 delivery rate for stuff from china not to mention it is probably garbage and will flood my room if its from china.

help would be great. thanks.

This might be a dumb question (I'm not a plumber), but couldn't you just use a manifold - or build some kind of "splitter" yourself out of fittings from the local hardware store) and then run multiple lines? Assuming that was near the pump, and each line running from it was both the same length and rose to the same height, wouldn't the flow coming out of each be the same (and at the same pressure/rate)?

Back
Top Bottom