Water from dehumidifier

GroKind

I was talking to a woman the other day, who is an experienced gardener. She was telling me how well all her plants responded to the water from the dehumidifier. So, I decided to test the water from my dehumidifier. All dehumidifiers are not the same and I'm having a little problem from my pH meter at the moment, so if any out there has a dehumidifier & a pH meter, please check yours and post it, if you don't mind.

Heres what I got

Tap water...E.C. 0.2 (If I let it sit overnight, still lucky to get 0.1)
pH. 7.5-7.8 (not 100% confident in pH meter but pretty close)

Water form dehumidifier....E.C. 0.0
pH. 7.0-7.2 (like I said before pH meter may be a
little off.

I was wondering if it is safe to water my plants with this water?:hmmmm:
Just remember to clean out the dehumidifier tray....mine had a buildup of sawdust that lowered pH to 6.1-6.3.

From what i know the water from a dehumidifier is not the same as tap water....tap water contains chlorine and all other kinds of chemicals....water from a dehumidifier is just water that was in the air in your house that has been taken out due to the dehumidifier.....idk about watering your plants with it but i used to know a person who gave it to their dogs to drink

^ ^ What he said. Water from a dehumidifier is simply distilled water. It should be perfectly balanced pH wise, as long as the reservoir is kept clean.

fucking A im doing this

Do it!

Would there be mold spores in dehumidifier water? They're in the air.

I was talking to a woman the other day, who is an experienced gardener. She was telling me how well all her plants responded to the water from the dehumidifier. So, I decided to test the water from my dehumidifier. All dehumidifiers are not the same and I'm having a little problem from my pH meter at the moment, so if any out there has a dehumidifier & a pH meter, please check yours and post it, if you don't mind.

Heres what I got

Tap water...E.C. 0.2 (If I let it sit overnight, still lucky to get 0.1)
pH. 7.5-7.8 (not 100% confident in pH meter but pretty close)

Water form dehumidifier....E.C. 0.0
pH. 7.0-7.2 (like I said before pH meter may be a
little off.

I was wondering if it is safe to water my plants with this water?:hmmmm:
Just remember to clean out the dehumidifier tray....mine had a buildup of sawdust that lowered pH to 6.1-6.3.
dont drink it and dont use it on plants its not steam distilled, and is not food grade suitable metal coils it drips off of, i used mr cool ac waist water and its acidic 4 to 5.0 and every plant i used it on even though i ph corrected it they turned prematutre yellow and leaf die off 3 weeks to early, every plant of differant strains all yellowed and leaves died, ... buds didnt but all new growth and old growth leaves. thank you fellow growers.

Back
Top Bottom