Water Only Soil Mix for Flowering

I would like to build a soil and amend it so I only have to water during the grow, no additional inputs or as few as possible. Add to this, the fact I would like to use this soil for my future SoG grows where I transplant my clones and flip them immediately to 12/12, only growing single cola spears.

Has anyone heard of a soil recipe that would work for my needs?

My current SoG is using GeoFlora Bloom Nutrients so I have time to allow for a new soil mix to cook for the next few months.

I have dug through threads and saw certain things repeated or used. The things they all had in common I took note of and added it to mine. My personal recipe has a bunch of nitrogen in quick and slow release amendments. It is geared for a long veg season outdoors. I only do a monthly soil drench of molasses to chelate nutrients in the soil/peat.
As someone wanting to grow a SoG, that has a shorter veg time. My particular amendments are probably too much. You could conceivably get by with...Alfalfa (N), Feather Meal (N), Bone Meal (P), Rock Phosphate (P), Kelp Meal (K), Langbeinite (K), Azomite (micros), Humid Acids, Earth Worm Castings, Compost. Amounts would be debatable.
There is no Chitosan present in that mix though. Addition of Crab Meal (4-3-0) or high (N) bat guano would address that. Guanos are quick release, so if subbed for Feather Meal, your plants could potentially yellow early in flower.
Cal is addressed with Rock Phosphate and Mag is addressed with Langbeinite.
Super soil recipes are like opinions.
Taking a look at the back of your Geo-Flora nutes will also give you a good idea of what to incorporate.
HappyFrog All Purpose is a pretty sweet mix.
DownToEarth Bio-Live is another comprehensive All Purpose type. Screenshot_2020-09-23-22-56-23_1.jpg I have considered just using that as an experiment. It's got it all.
Technically, all of Geo-Flora's inputs are present in my soil mix. I just put it all in at once and cook and grow. I didn't have any idea their list and mine were so alike.
Once you do grow in your soil, you would need to determine what to top dress to put back what was used. Some do no till. I have had better results remixing the soil. Perhaps top dressed and EWC added on top would suffice to break it down and ready. Some people also use some manure for biological diversity.
Sorry my answer couldn't be more concise. There are a few avenues to reach your destination.

Back
Top Bottom