Water only soil

Glookies1

anyone out there using water only pre mix soil? I’m a fan of the stuff, but have had issues finding ones that actually work.

I have one now that seems pretty solid. M3 is what they call it. I’m sure you can find it on google under M3 soil.

I’m growing a 10 week strain, and this stuff got me all the way through with zero problems. Truly water only. I did need cal mag, but this strain does from what I’ve read, but nutrient wise, it does fine.

Anyone have luck with others?

I have not personally run it but a lot of people in my area are very happy with "great lakes water only".

The idea is more appealing than the cost, my concern comes with later runs, how long can it be used before you need a new batch. With doc's kit your constantly adding stuff back in that the plants take out with each successive run.

Any idea how many runs the m3 will last for? I've heard of it before but don't remember much more than the name.

I have not personally run it but a lot of people in my area are very happy with "great lakes water only".

The idea is more appealing than the cost, my concern comes with later runs, how long can it be used before you need a new batch. With doc's kit your constantly adding stuff back in that the plants take out with each successive run.

Any idea how many runs the m3 will last for? I've heard of it before but don't remember much more than the name.

I view it as one run and done. Haven’t tried to stretch it.

I tried the Great Lakes and didn’t care for it. The grow was fine, it just seemed to dry out super fast. The M3 holds water better.

M3 is $40 a bag. The bags are 2 cubic feet though, so it’s not much more than the Great Lakes.

I just hate having bottles everywhere and mixing feeds. Lol

Good to know the water absorption differences.

Yea that's why I switched to Dyna-Gro. Far less bottles. One run and done seems expensive, and then there's a bunch of dirt leftover to deal with. Idk what I'd do with 30 gallons of dirt every 6 weeks lol the gardens are already full. I guess that's why I'm still in Coco

I grow autos and amend my FFOF/HF/LightWarrior/perlite mix with Medina GrowingGreen. I do use their HastGro 6-12-6 last four weeks of flower to put on weight, otherwise, nowt but tap water.

Attachments

• DSCN2677 (2).JPG
    DSCN2677 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 188
  • DSCN2679 (2).JPG
    DSCN2679 (2).JPG
    857.1 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN2679 (3).JPG
    DSCN2679 (3).JPG
    316.7 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN2652 (2).JPG
    DSCN2652 (2).JPG
    739.8 KB · Views: 159
I used Sohum living organic soil on my last grow, water only. It worked great. I believe it is similar to Clackamas Coots soil mix recipe.
Sohum manufacturer recommends starting with new soil after each grow. I have read elsewhere that you can amend coots soil recipe after each grow and re-use. Most people that use living organic soil use the same soil over and over again, and use teas and worm castings to keep the micro life populated.

I used Sohum living organic soil on my last grow, water only. It worked great. I believe it is similar to Clackamas Coots soil mix recipe.
Sohum manufacturer recommends starting with new soil after each grow. I have read elsewhere that you can amend coots soil recipe after each grow and re-use. Most people that use living organic soil use the same soil over and over again, and use teas and worm castings to keep the micro life populated.

I’ve read about Sohum and it sounds like good stuff. Thing is, no one around me carries it.

Good to know the water absorption differences.

Yea that's why I switched to Dyna-Gro. Far less bottles. One run and done seems expensive, and then there's a bunch of dirt leftover to deal with. Idk what I'd do with 30 gallons of dirt every 6 weeks lol the gardens are already full. I guess that's why I'm still in Coco

I don’t have an issue getting rid of the used soil. From an expense standpoint, I’m sure it’s a bit more costly to use new soil each time, but for me the ease and convenience is worth it.

I run 4 plants in a scrog and it’s a 10 week strain. Basically $120.

I also run an LED which really cut my electric bills. The LED isn’t just less electric, it also cuts cooling cost by producing much less heat.

That’s a whole different discussion, but I’ll never go back to hps

I’ve read about Sohum and it sounds like good stuff. Thing is, no one around me carries it.
I bought SoHum off the SoHum website and they shipped it UPS. It is real easy to mix your own water only soil, just get a good recipe like Coot's, pretty much 1/3 sphagnum peat moss, 1/3 Humus (earthworm castings), 1/3 aeration (perlite) mixed with amendments (nutrients and minerals).

I bought SoHum off the SoHum website and they shipped it UPS. It is real easy to mix your own water only soil, just get a good recipe like Coot's, pretty much 1/3 sphagnum peat moss, 1/3 Humus (earthworm castings), 1/3 aeration (perlite) mixed with amendments (nutrients and minerals).
I used to mix my own soil when I had more room. Lol

I moved into a small condo, and just don’t have the room.

This ^^^ How I do it.

This ^^^ How I do it.

Sohum worked great, I did supplement with some aerated compost tea a couple of times. 4 plant scrog (2- gorilla wreck and 2- 91 skunk D), 15 gallon cloth pots, 3' x 3' tent. Quantum boards, 520 watts . Harvest was just over 22 ounces of dry flowers.

I had a hermi issue that went undetected until harvest... I put lights way too close to plants (11"), Apparently I stressed out the plants and caused them to Hermi. I ended up having some seeds in both strains. Flowers vape well and are very potent...

I will run a test grow with the seeds later this year and see if they produce anything good?

Check out BuildaSoil.com.
I know they’ve been trying to perfect water only blend. They’re out here in Colorado.
Ive found that you have to brew compost teas to regenerate the microbes. I tried water only with my current run. Finally broke down and brewed a tea last week. They percked right up.

Here’s what’s in my current blend.
C2E7988F-58CE-4050-B121-5FB65E3BBDC3.jpeg

The brew.
CC885F93-CBA5-4605-9933-B9FB76436CF3.jpeg

The results of this blend.
76D1F1D2-1843-4333-85CB-C6E22D7AD592.jpeg

I have a new batch soil cooking for my next run. They are just about ready for transplant so we’ll see in a couple of weeks how it performs.

anyone out there using water only pre mix soil? I’m a fan of the stuff, but have had issues finding ones that actually work.

I have one now that seems pretty solid. M3 is what they call it. I’m sure you can find it on google under M3 soil.

I’m growing a 10 week strain, and this stuff got me all the way through with zero problems. Truly water only. I did need cal mag, but this strain does from what I’ve read, but nutrient wise, it does fine.

Anyone have luck with others?
I use FFoF only thru veg, uppot to 7gal. and come flower after stretch start adding mega crop. Amazing product for the price.

I use FFoF only thru veg, uppot to 7gal. and come flower after stretch start adding mega crop. Amazing product for the price.
Do you use a different soil for flower?

Yeah I’ve been considering MC, but I’ve already preloaded my soil with DTE Flower and Bud. It’d be hard to balance it I think. I’ve been following the MC thread, and it seems like an awesome product. Maybe next grow.

I have always used soil with nutrients added. Whether it was Miracle Grow or Fox Farm. Then added things as needed after that. Living soils are a cool thing. Best maintained by people that know what they are doing. I don't know that that can be sold in a bag.

The growing supply industry is growing really fast right now. Lots of people are going to jump on the band wagon to make a shit ton of money. Not to make a better product. To many people trying to chase the easy way to everything. I am not sure I want my crops to be how they find out if their stuff is any good.

With so many proven growing supplies out there. I find it hard to make a change is something that is as important as soil.

I have always used soil with nutrients added. Whether it was Miracle Grow or Fox Farm. Then added things as needed after that. Living soils are a cool thing. Best maintained by people that know what they are doing. I don't know that that can be sold in a bag.

The growing supply industry is growing really fast right now. Lots of people are going to jump on the band wagon to make a shit ton of money. Not to make a better product. To many people trying to chase the easy way to everything. I am not sure I want my crops to be how they find out if their stuff is any good.

With so many proven growing supplies out there. I find it hard to make a change is something that is as important as soil.
I used to mix my own soil, but that requires more space than I have now.

Space can always be a issue with soil. The appeal of soil you don't need to buy again is cool. The appeal of soil you never have to throw out is has a totally different appeal.

Finding use's or ways to get rid of old soil has always been a problem. Just because it no longer has nutrients does not mean it does not have used. I use it to build up soil in soil in gardens in areas with shitty soil. It helps with both drainage and holding moisture. With the new house with a big yard I plan to use my old soil to top dress the lawn for a few years. It really helps build a lush green lawn. The softest lawn I have ever walked across I have seen twice. Both were grown by a outlaw growing. He topped dressed all his lawns with his used soil. At 45 plants in 2 gallon pots per grow. 3 to 4 grows a year that's is a bunch of soil LMAO. Still lots cheaper than dressing a lawn with mulch

Space can always be a issue with soil. The appeal of soil you don't need to buy again is cool. The appeal of soil you never have to throw out is has a totally different appeal.

Finding use's or ways to get rid of old soil has always been a problem. Just because it no longer has nutrients does not mean it does not have used. I use it to build up soil in soil in gardens in areas with shitty soil. It helps with both drainage and holding moisture. With the new house with a big yard I plan to use my old soil to top dress the lawn for a few years. It really helps build a lush green lawn. The softest lawn I have ever walked across I have seen twice. Both were grown by a outlaw growing. He topped dressed all his lawns with his used soil. At 45 plants in 2 gallon pots per grow. 3 to 4 grows a year that's is a bunch of soil LMAO. Still lots cheaper than dressing a lawn with mulch

I only flower 4 at a time in 10 gallon pots. It’s not really hard for me to get rid of the soil.

I’m considering amending and re using the soil from this grow. It should work fine, at worst I may have to feed teas.

I actually like making teas and using them. Makes me feel I’m giving the plant a treat. Lol

Back
Top Bottom