Water R/O or Distilled?

Green Halo

Hey boys and Girls Hope all is well
So I have just finished my first grow of white widow and the buds are very white, very sticky and smell delicious. However I think the yeild is a little low so my question is can the quality of your water hurt or help the end result.

Currently my water has a base ppm of just over 700 Yikes! What the hell is in this water? So I am contemplating using either R/O water with a very low ppm or distilled water with 0 ppm for my new grow. what do you think?
As always your input is greatly appreciated.

Hey boys and Girls Hope all is well
So I have just finished my first grow of white widow and the buds are very white, very sticky and smell delicious. However I think the yeild is a little low so my question is can the quality of your water hurt or help the end result.

Currently my water has a base ppm of just over 700 Yikes! What the hell is in this water? So I am contemplating using either R/O water with a very low ppm or distilled water with 0 ppm for my new grow. what do you think?
As always your input is greatly appreciated.

I really think distilled water is the best way to get the best start for your plants and to make sure that your PPM stays in the right place.

That said, it can be a pain too.

So, since you realize that you're having problems now, you might want to try some other things.

Ask yourself:

Am I using too many nutes?
Is my lighting on?
What about my growing medium?

I think you could probably tone down your nutes and still get a good harvest. Just take them down a notch and see what your PPM does. if it's still high, try changing up your water.

Am I using too many nutes?

Maybe I'm just a dumb old guy....but if he isn't getting nute burn, how would backing off on nutes increase his yield? :hmmmm:

Hey guys thanks for the replys,

I am currently growing in a 12 plant ebb and flow watering 4 times a day for 15 minutes using canna nutes with a ppm of 1000 to 1200 (700 water plus the the nutes) and a ph of about 5.5 to 6.0. with one 1000 watt light kept approx 24 inches from the top od the plants.

Thanks again for the input, So far it sounds like the water I have will work out just fine and perhaps I just need a little more education?

If it ain't broke ............

Not so much a little more education, but experience with the strain. Actually, it pretty much equates out. LOL

You gonna run the strain again? I've been running the same strain for over a year and it took ~3 grows to really get it dialed in

Do again pretty much what you just did and I bet the next crop of WW will be more AND better.

You took clones, yes?

DD

Hey Droopy I have to agree with you the strain itself is just so nice that I am gonna run with it again. However I'm thinking of adding 4 more plants for a total of 16 and an additional 1000 watt light so wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom