Water Table Info

You shouldn't have any problems. Might need to supplement with Cal/Mag. Not an expert but that is pretty clean water.

Most folks that I know that grow hydroponically use RO systems to remove all mineral content from municiple tap water prior to use. I could be wrong about this but I think that the dosing rates for most bottled nutrient solutions that are formulated for hydroponic use assume that the user will be using ph adjusted RO water. Therefore the calcium content would be high or the recommendations for cal/mag dosing may be a bit higher than needed if you were using tap water which contains residual calcium. If it were me I'd write to the manufacturer and ask for their advise. If you're feeling brave and want to experiment as I would probably do then go ahead and give it a go using tap water with any recommended calcium dosing rates slightly reduced. If the plant begins to show signs of Ca deficiencies then gradually bump up your dosing rate until you notice improvement. :peace:

so if im growing in soil (ffof) and i use my tap water, let it sit out 24 hours i should be good with just cal mag? i know ffof has enough nutrients for a couple of weeks, but after that i shouldnt need anything but cal mag? just want to make sure im getting this right.

i was going to grow in coco but have switched to ffof

so if im growing in soil (ffof) and i use my tap water, let it sit out 24 hours i should be good with just cal mag? i know ffof has enough nutrients for a couple of weeks, but after that i shouldnt need anything but cal mag? just want to make sure im getting this right.

If you're growing in an enriched soil medium such as Fox Farms Ocean Forest the medium already contains both calcium and magnesium. In addition, your tap water will also contain some amount of calcium.
There's no harm in using cal/mag to address calcium or magnesium deficiencies if noticed but you shouldn't be using it on a regular basis. In addition, often you may end up with a calcium deficiency OR a magnesium deficiency but not both. In this type of situation it's usually best to address the issue as a single element deficiency.
In my experience the 3 elements that often need to be supplemented during your grow will be nitrogen (the main one) and possibly calcium and/or magnesium. But my advise would be to monitor your plant and only give supplimental nutrients if the plant is showing clear signs of deficiency. I hope this helps. :peace:

I have never done it and hearing this for first time.... and my plants always looked fine

I use a fish tank bubbler and let it bubble over night. I used to go through all the hassle of RO water. But seem to have less calcium issues now that I don’t. Even though my nutrients manufacturer is adamant I do not need extra calcium. I use tapwater and supplement with Cal mag.

Back
Top Bottom