Water weight test

Likewise, same guess for week 2. I'm honestly surprised it didn't lose more in the 7 days at 53%ish.

Are you jarring this second week or will they remain in the open air?
To be honest they went in a jar after day 5. They were drying very quickly! Most of the jars have been holding between 60 to 65% humidity. The jars with the big buds I have to open and let breath for a little bit. Those tend to get upwards to 70%.

Interesting - I'll stick with my original "stab" at it for official purposes, but I doubt they'll get as low as the generally agreed upon 75% loss in a week jarred/burped.

Time, as they say, will tell!

To be honest they went in a jar after day 5. They were drying very quickly! Most of the jars have been holding between 60 to 65% humidity. The jars with the big buds I have to open and let breath for a little bit. Those tend to get upwards to 70%.
What strain you got here? Sorry if it's been mentioned, but I can't seem to find it in the thread.

Interesting - I'll stick with my original "stab" at it for official purposes, but I doubt they'll get as low as the generally agreed upon 75% loss in a week jarred/burped.

Time, as they say, will tell!
My drying conditions are a little bit different and unique. I live in a skoolie that is warmed by a wood burner! It gets pretty dry in there and hot as hell every night when Mama starts cooking! Not many room sectioned off LOL

My drying conditions are a little bit different and unique. I live in a skoolie that is warmed by a wood burner! It gets pretty dry in there and hot as hell every night when Mama starts cooking! Not many room sectioned off LOL
Love it - I had to look up "skoolie". Such things are becoming increasingly appealing as I cast about for a career/life change. Color me envious!

Love it - I had to look up "skoolie". Such things are becoming increasingly appealing as I cast about for a career/life change. Color me envious!
The fact that I haven't paid a bill except for car payment and phone in over a year that's making it well worth it! However I have been waiting over 30 years for this to go legal and to be able to grow my own indoors and now that it's legal I'm off grid and all solar. Go figure!

It's not a bad little living. Quite fond of the tiny space and big outdoors!
20200314_151153.jpg
20200314_151124.jpg

"ITS' TIME"!..Second week weigh-ins! Not really sure who the closest one was on this or even what to think of the results. The weights are the same as last week!? Okay I expected less weight as well. I would have to say the winner in this is me. Yay me!
image000001(3).jpg
image000000(10).jpg

So why's the weight the same? I was expecting the 75% loss. The jars get burped twice a day. I turn the jar on its side and Shake It gently to separate the buds. Then I fan fresh air into the jar. Then I flip the jar to the other side shake it gently to separate the buds and fan fresh air into it again. The higher the humidity is in the jar the longer I will fan fresh air into it. I do this to all the jars twice a day. This is my first time ive tried fully curing out bud.. so am I doing this wrong?

That's a really interesting question, and and I've wondered it too. The best I've done is just over 25% of original weight, with most actually marginally less. 40%+/- is a lot.

What is the humidity reading typically before they get burped? If it's over 65% I might suggest leaving it out on a tray for just a couple hours, if it reaches above 70% in the jar definitely leave it out for the better part of a day (like 6-8 hrs, not a full 24).

My best guess, honestly, is that these are not actually dry yet. Another component to factor, at least in this kind of guesswork via photos, is that there is a lot less visible "shrinkage" (and I don't mean the "like a frightened turtle" kind!) than I would expect.

On the other hand, how is the resin production on this gal? If she is oily enough to make that 15% increase in dry weight a reality, I hope you've still got those genetics in clone, because you will very quickly become EXTREMELY popular around here!

That's a really interesting question, and and I've wondered it too. The best I've done is just over 25% of original weight, with most actually marginally less. 40%+/- is a lot.

What is the humidity reading typically before they get burped? If it's over 65% I might suggest leaving it out on a tray for just a couple hours, if it reaches above 70% in the jar definitely leave it out for the better part of a day (like 6-8 hrs, not a full 24).

My best guess, honestly, is that these are not actually dry yet. Another component to factor, at least in this kind of guesswork via photos, is that there is a lot less visible "shrinkage" (and I don't mean the "like a frightened turtle" kind!) than I would expect.

On the other hand, how is the resin production on this gal? If she is oily enough to make that 15% increase in dry weight a reality, I hope you've still got those genetics in clone, because you will very quickly become EXTREMELY popular around here!
The humidity in these particular jars have been holding around 60-62% consistently. Im very impressed with the potency of the little buds in the popcorn jar. That's what we've been smoking on while all the rest cure! The big buds feel very dry to the touch and the stems snap like little dry twigs. I will definitely put up a week 3 weight just to see if there is any shrinkage!:peace:

The humidity in these particular jars have been holding around 60-62% consistently. Im very impressed with the potency of the little buds in the popcorn jar. That's what we've been smoking on while all the rest cure! The big buds feel very dry to the touch and the stems snap like little dry twigs. I will definitely put up a week 3 weight just to see if there is any shrinkage!:peace:
Very cool - I'm really curious in seeing were it ends up!

And for the third week drying weight.. drums please..:tommy:.. first week was 5.5 third week is
image000000(16).jpg
first week was 3.8 third week is
20201117_052821.jpg

The wife and I have been avid smokers...all day.. everyday for about 27 years! So it does take a good herb to get us where we want to be. This GG Grapefruit does it! It's fantastic! It hits all the senses . Smells amazing taste great and makes you bow out early!! Its funny...every time we sit down to smoke a bowl she always complimenting me on how good of a job I did LOL. It's just a great strain!:cough:o_O

Back
Top Bottom