Waterchiller as a waterfall

• Hell yeh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell nah, ur mad

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Not a fan of top feed, seen too many drown there plants with too much water

How does chiller vs waterfall make sense, top feed dosent cool the water

hey chris, do you top feed til they hit the water ?

i've never done a direct to reservoir dwc, and was thinking of modifying the system i built to switch to it once i get roots hitting the water. my understanding is top feed introduces more oxygen than direct to res. curious on your thoughts.

Like have the tube running over the roots say every 5 hours for a few minutes.

A 5 minute air bath while changing pots apparently gives a spurt in growth to. Is everything I've learnt bad?

I've never done top feed

I start in root riots, when I get good roots I drop into 3" net pots in hydrotron pebbles and make sure the bubbler bubbling hits the bottom of the net pot and up an inch or so

Not a fan of top feed

Like have the tube running over the roots say every 5 hours for a few minutes.

A 5 minute air bath while changing pots apparently gives a spurt in growth to. Is everything I've learnt bad?
No

But real life is different than online....lol

Top feed for seedling and starts I could see, but then stopping makes my a lot more sense to me

My 1st DWC was a tree....lol...and I knew nothing about it beside what I learned from this site

I've seen a few that have drowned roots in excessive top feed and running the rezz above the bottom of the net pots

understood. i usually leave two to three inches airspace below the net pot, and i don't run continous feed ever.

Do u leave half the roots in air in week 5 or 6 of flower? Chris
Not intentionally...lol

But when they drink a gallon a day, it tends to happen, but I try to refill to my visual mark daily, or as needed

I'm going to use at start a umm 5 gal/ 21L bucket then come flower I'm " HOPING" to
transfer it to a 30L drum. I wanted a 12gal/40L drum but cant find 1

Also
Be sure and get hydroguard and z7
They keep the goopies down in the water, goopies is a technical term...lol

Especially if heat is an issue. My water is always 76-80 deg and I've never had an issue yet

Ahahahaha I've only seen about 5 people with decent grows from a 5 gal. But they thought their faliar was from root bound but some are saying its coz ther sir pump and airstones was to weak

I bought a 7 stage RO system and the whole line of CYCO Platinum xl series
Does it have any enzyme killer, or goopies killer???

My 5 gal was far from root bound, it's pretty hard in hydro, they just stack up

Again, careful what u read

Find some info here, best growers around on 420mag

I bought a 7 stage RO system and the whole line of CYCO Platinum xl series

holy cow skullz how much did that set you back ? i traded a light for hydrologic stealth 100 system which is pretty basic but works well for my purposes.

what is the water like where you are ? here it is routinely over 700 ppm. doctors where i live expect everyone to have kidney stones by age 50 due to the water quality. i've had them twice... :(

Back
Top Bottom