Waterfarm Help Thanks first time using waterfarm!

Sureshocker

I recieved 3 waterfarms systems and wanted to see if you can answer some questions.

1. How many weeks do you give the plant *before planting in the water farm ?*
2. How much water do you put into the bucket?
3. How often do you feed the plants?
4. Do you empty out the bucket every time you feed it or do you just add the water and the nutrients in the bucket?
5. What do you recommend to prevent algae or mildew?
6. Do let the drip system run 24/7?

Please been looking up waterfarms information and havnt found much information.

Thanks+ rep:grinjoint:

I would probably just follow their instructions here.

1) I would just start a plant in rockwool cubes, peat pellets, or something similar, and drop the entire thing into your growing medium once it is showing roots.

2) According to the instructions, 2 gal.

6) I did find some old info that suggested leaving the pump on during the day and off during the night for these systems when growing mj. You may want to try that.

I have them..
put the seed in rockwool or a rooter plug....put it under a dome.
when the root(s) are ablout 6" long transplant into the hydroton.
run the air pump 24 hrs.
there is a molded line in the housing that shows the water depth
add water as nneded thruout the week\. change every week
the feeding is done constantly because the water and nutes are in suspension/. In the beginning you will go a week w/o adding water...when bigger it can suck it dry daily.

I've got a waterfarm bucket. I run the pump 24x7 and I used rockwool to start the plant in and transplanted once it showed roots.

This system kicks butt,even if you have a couple of problems.In the long run you will be happy my friend.Work the system and learn from everywere you can!!! Huge Plants Bro...:)

I'm using a Waterfarm for my White Widow grow. It's a good set-up. Post's above covered most of the topic. To add to those suggestions, make sure you clean the drip ring often. Some of the holes can get plugged and cause dry spots in the hydroten. Also, add some air stones to the bottom of the bucket with another air pump. This will help the roots and your nutrient solution. Make something to cover the hydroten during early growth, algae will grow fast. I used some styrene from the local hobby shop, cut two pieces, one with a long notch for the trunk.
I run my drip 15 min on/15 min off now. I did 24/7 before the roots hit the res.

These are good systems. I have seen tremendous growth since the roots hit the bubbly water. Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom