Watering coco

gr0w

hey guys,

I decided to switch to 5 Gallon Fabric pots for this grow and just looking for some info on the best way to water them.

the plan is to water them with fresh PH water every other nutrient feeding to wash out and give fresh nutrients every feeding cycle.
I am using 5 gallon fabric pots, CYCO COCO Bitz with some Hydroton on the bottom and top.

I'm just wondering, in vegetation, and also flowering how many days can I go in between feedings? I know there are many different variables but i'm just looking for a ballpark answer to go off of.

my tent temperature is usually pretty controlled at 72-75*F and humidity is 25-40 % depending on the time of day

My last grow I was feeding the coco twice a day but that seemed to be too much and just ended up wasting a lot of nutrient water

Thanks

hey guys,

I decided to switch to 5 Gallon Fabric pots for this grow and just looking for some info on the best way to water them.

the plan is to water them with fresh PH water every other nutrient feeding to wash out and give fresh nutrients every feeding cycle.
I am using 5 gallon fabric pots, CYCO COCO Bitz with some Hydroton on the bottom and top.

I'm just wondering, in vegetation, and also flowering how many days can I go in between feedings? I know there are many different variables but i'm just looking for a ballpark answer to go off of.

my tent temperature is usually pretty controlled at 72-75*F and humidity is 25-40 % depending on the time of day

My last grow I was feeding the coco twice a day but that seemed to be too much and just ended up wasting a lot of nutrient water

Thanks
Once the roots are established you should feed every day. Never use plain water because it messes up the cation exchange capacity. If you feed every day with nutes to 20% run off you will never get salt build up - it refreshes the nutes and pulls in fresh oxygen to the root zone. If you ever have a need to flush because of salt or messed up pH - always use 1/4 strength nutes - never water. Remember coco is drain to waste hydroponics, and like all hydroponics the roots should always be saturated with plenty of fresh oxygen available.

Yes I agree feed every day once roots are established but I always water everyday. Sometimes twice I'm in wk4 of 8 in flower on headband and feed twice a day currently before lights out and on.

You can't drown coco it retains 30% oxygen at all times this making it hard to over water .

I agree on using 1/4 strength to bring your ppm Down slowly .

Your in veg you should try to get a humidifier to stick in veg tent. Get that humidity up in veg to 60-70% make those roots thrive in that coco?

Here so a chart where you should be around during different stages hope it helps you like it did me

d06b806aa6c6ae989e5724cba66adb81.jpg

Here is what coco on 3-5 gal fabric pots have got me so far

13c038ea474af74d8200324c4d788e5b.jpg
dd80e9fb648dc99c9b158398195902db.jpg
71ca176555078e359b73a95be1686737.jpg

This is was day 54 veg
a6633f16f356f860f36dc369f292ef7e.jpg

This was about a week ago or so

ad4c275e30b895a327e9b96f108e3378.jpg

You know.....sometimes I'm astounded when I think about what a total bitch slave I am to my plants
I thank OCD which actually is a good thing for once
Daily love and care does as much as nutes and light in my opinion.
This is so embarrassing, but I know the pots need to be flooded and drained on a daily basis...
I use a turkey baster to suck out all the solution from the pot's catch plate when she's done pissing herself
It's so low tech and wastes so much time but I don't care
Anything is ok for my girls
0151011.JPG

2018-01-27_13_43_29.jpg

coco holds O2, If fab pot, there is even more O2 getting to the roots. Why do u find it necessary to soak them everyday?

Just mind digging is all. Im using CocoLoco, and it hates water every day. I have a plant, that is literally almost 50inches tall, and water only when i feel like it, lol.. It went bone dry like 5 times now.

*im not being a "knowitall" i just want to hear your thoughts on this is all..

I am in two gallon Smart Pots and have a DIY drip system, depending on the stage of growth I water from 1 to 4 times a light cycle. One time after roots have filled the pots in veg, late veg two times, early flower two time and as the weeks move along I get up to 4 starts per light cycle.

As Cult said, you treat it like soil it will not preform as if treating it like the Hydro grow it is.

GR

Yeah, im in a 10gallon fab pot, it just seems like it hates water. After I stopped watering for a few days, its doing much better. But again, Im in coco LOCO, not straight coco. (although everyone says it just coco) But i was told to water everyday like coco, and im not so sure on that. With cocoloco anyways. Timed water schedule.

Not sure what all is in Coco Loco, but I assume being from FF that is contains some Ocean Forest Soil, so it may hold too much water to water daily until root mass is established. So you may have to water by weight.
GR

what is coco loco? Coco needs to be fed everyday as its inert media and has no nutrient quality, it has nothing to do with o2. All the o2 means is that is can be multifed with no negative effects and is better for the plant due to boosted o2 in rootzone. Never ever give plain water to coco unless it is at the end of the plants life and it is time to clean the media and plant, flushing. for best results in coco and plants like these.......

Feed minimum once per day and 2 or 3 times per day is even better. It means can keep coco optimum for plant healrth and stops spikes and dips of nutrient, stops hot spots in the coco and allowing coco to dry out is terrible for the rootzone. It should never be dry.

nice Cult, very nice..

cocoloco contains other ingredients added to the growing medium such as ph amendments and fertilizer. Around 3,000 PPM runoff

Coco coir +
Perlite
Earthworm castings
Fossilized bat guano
Norwegian kelp meal
Oyster shell
Dolomite Lime

its says you water less then regular,lol

You know.....sometimes I'm astounded when I think about what a total bitch slave I am to my plants
I thank OCD which actually is a good thing for once
Daily love and care does as much as nutes and light in my opinion.
This is so embarrassing, but I know the pots need to be flooded and drained on a daily basis...
I use a turkey baster to suck out all the solution from the pot's catch plate when she's done pissing herself
It's so low tech and wastes so much time but I don't care
Anything is ok for my girls
0151011.JPG

2018-01-27_13_43_29.jpg
Shop vac man saves so much time buddy

ok, technically thats not really coco. coco has nothing added to it and should be fed daily. you mix is closer to a soil mix.
Yeah did he not flush out that coco loco then do a 1/4dose through medium @Cultivator

I’ve determined no more then 7dayfkush is needed in coco 2 or less in hydroponics?
10-14 for soil after reading lots . What you think about conclusion cult?

Yeah did he not flush out that coco loco then do a 1/4dose through medium @Cultivator

I’ve determined no more then 7dayfkush is needed in coco 2 or less in hydroponics?
10-14 for soil after reading lots . What you think about conclusion cult?

honestly even for soil you should be using some sort of organic so a week is sufficient. if you are putting heavily concentrated organic+salt like age old id say 10 days tops

depends what you are feeding. But i say 7 days even in hydro. That will almost certinly guarantee clean weed and force plants to finish.
Thanks cult

I also want nice white ash correct sir ? I can tell because my test bud is black ash mostly

Back
Top Bottom