Watering outdoor smart pots

youngrob650

Hello fellow 420 members! This is my first thread:420:

My grow consist of 30 gallon smart pots and the question I have is, should I water everyday or should I wait a day between watering and feeding.

My buddy stresses over giving them 3 gallons of water everyday but I check the soil and about 1/2 inch deep it's still moist.

Any insight on watering would be helpful! Thank you

the previous year i had 20 gallon smart parts, and towards the end of the season, roots grew THROUGH the pot and started going into the ground... i found that out cause i tried moving the plant and i heard a crunch when scooting it over.

thanks for the reply! i always suspected my friend was wrong and now i can show him this and hopefully ease his mind on watering everyday. plus CA is in a drought so im all for saving water:)

Hi CD. No journal for me right now, but I post some grow updates now and then on the over 50 thread. Some pics from inside garden posted there Sun. Not much to say or show on the outside grow but some nice strains vegging nicely. Your 30 should be big. Are you able to let them grow tall?

Im gonna keep em from growing taller than the fence so about 5.5 to 6 feet is all. You can see em in the 2014 link in my sig if youre interested.

Thanks for pointing me to your 2014 thread. Subscribed now. Enjoyed the entire thread. Nice work. Since we crossed paths here, I'll post a little here. Hope youngrob won't mind.

What happened to the outdoor Tahoes? I grew it outside past 3 years, but skipped it this yr. Very powerful but surprising heavy for 60/40 S/I. A large plant that can be a light green color with a very very fruity fragrance while growing. The pheno I liked best. After dry and cure then the dank pinesol fuel fragrance enters. It does great outdoors. I supercropped them over and over.

Nice soil mix you have too. I really like Sul Po Mag (langbenite) for mg issues. Seems not so many growers use it, but I like it more than epsom salts. Good sulfur source too. Have you tried spinosad for the mites? Supposed to work on mites. It's organic. Works well for me on other pests.

Im not sure what ya mean about the Tahoes. Before they went outside I had Calcium issues then found out they like alot of calcium. Once I transplanted everything and added Calphos, Azomite and Dolomite Lime to the soil, they are doing much better. My indoor ones were really bad because I got in a shitty mood about the mite, heat and soil issues so I pretty much gave up on em but harvested anyway.

I have topped em a couple times so far. Im workin towards 5 to 6 foot bushes about 4 feet around. Thats my hopes anyway. Glad youre following along.

Back
Top Bottom