Watering question

jacob420

Hey everyone!

I've run out of distilled water about a month into my first grow. Wasn't paying attention, stupid me!

Until I manage to get more, is it ok to use boiled tap water or bottled mineral water? Not perfect, but will it be ok?

Thanks,

Jacob

I always use regular, plain tap, well, pond, lake or rain water. It doesn't matter. If I used distilled water it would cost me a fortune. If you're worried about chlorine, let it sit in the container for 24 hrs and it will evap out of there. If you really think you'll kill your plants without doing something to the water, then yes, boiled and cooled water will be fine. It's really not necessary, but whatever floats your boat.

I'm just a beginner following the tutorials I've found. They always say how important the water source is. The pH. The dissolved solids. Any bacteria or spores. Etc.

Unless you're sitting on an irradiated water source or you're from a third world country, tap water will be within tolerances for growing marijuana. Some people say from the tap their water is too acidic or alkaline, but I've never had this problem. Do you have pH test strips? Test it once to be sure. I would feel more than comfortable using water from the tap anywhere in the US besides California. The TDS in Cali water is a little high, and I've done plenty of depositions where bacteria levels are through the roof so they add a lot of chlorine. I'd still use it in a jam though. Good luck, brother.

Ah one thing we do have in this ass backwards state is good water
some of the best .Its always just around 7.2 and they do not add
much ,Comes from a aqufure (spelling)

I know my water is a bit chlorine heavy, you can slightly smell it and my pool doesn't require much chlorine. So I refill my plastic water can every time I water, then it sits at grow room temp a few days, I figure the longer the better. People that do let it sit usually say at least 24 hours, and then I hear a lot of people who use it straight from the tap.

Any municipal water source should have a water report on file for public viewing. My city's is available online, and lists all trace elements and contaminant levels in ppm and a bunch of other stuff I dont really understand.

I let my tap water sit for 24 hours to get rid of the chlorine and drop the ph to the proper levels and its 'good to grow'.

Back
Top Bottom