rankamateur

Hi there people.

Im a uk indoor tent grower and really inexperienced.
My main question is how much water i should be filling my 10litre plant pot with. Im using cana coco soil and have read many forums about watering but just not finding the right information.
This is my 2nd attempt at growing, the first grow I must have overwatered them because the bud just had no stength at all whatsoever. I was feeding them with water and nutes every two days without fail. I was using a 400w hps dual spectrum for both veg and flower.

After lots of research I have bought new stuff and using forum info found on this site. I have bought a 600w hps bulb and digi ballast for a small tent that fits about 4 plants inside it. The bulb im using for flowering now is a 600w hps pure sodium red spectrum osram super son-t, still using dual spectrum for veg.

I am currently giving 1 plant pot(10L) 2litres of water mixed with nutes once a week. Is this still too much water or is it just about right. Heard that weed makes more thc with less water, is this right?
Im 2 weeks into flowering right now.
Also iv read a lot about stressing the stem with little razor blade cuts to increase thc, when is the best time to do this in flowering, eg. at the start of flowering or near the end of flowering.

My nutes are canna coco a+b, canna boost and canna pk 13/14(Havn't started using the pk 13/14 yet).

Thanks for reading my post guys, hope it isn't too taxing.

Sounds like ya got it all dialed in....

Some minor things which may need to be digested !

Light degrades THC !

When cropping don't do it after a period of lights ON, best done after 24hr to 36hr of total darkness & improves THC quanity.

1. When drying or curing bud do it in a dark place & store cured product in the dark with air tight jars requires burping for a couple of weeks twice daily is pretty good.

2. Optimal THC content of the bud is achieved near 100% cloudy trichomes, get a jewelers glass or mini micro scope to view this... THC begins to degrade when amber trichomes develope, which produces a more couch lock effect. If you want couch lock its better to grow a strain with those desirable quality's than rather induce it by over ripening which may produce seeds in your bud which defeats the object of sensimilla aka seedless bud !

If ya don't believe me about the bud stored in darkness... leave a nug on the table for a few days & smoke it, then smoke a nug stored in darkness...

Telling me what has a better effect !

Ye its not about the watering either...

Thanks for that info Fuzzy Duck, appreciated.
One thing I did forget to mention mate is that it didnt start stinking during flowering last time round, you could put your nose right upto it and just get a faint whiff of 'stinky'. Did you say i was right on the watering front with the amount? Thanks for the info on light degrading thc

i too am an amateur growing, and just put some clones into soil to make a couple mothers.

my guy tells me to water this way, note i am not flowering these plants, just making the next gen.

the plants want oxygen as much as water so give them both. for me i am to feed nutes on day one, just enough to get them thru to the next day, they should dry a bit.
day two just give them water, same as yesterday, just enough to keep them happy for the day.
day three let them search, no water!

then back to day one.

if you give them too much to dry in one day then wait till they need it and proceed with the next days servings.

keep the rotation even if the steps are more than one day. just reduce the amount you are giving them until you find the correct amount to keep them happy for the day.

bottom water... make them search for the water, makes them develop their roots!

dunna know about with canna coco,, but if that is normal coco then folks can be watering several times a day for younguns and up to twice a day with others. coco has it's own rules,, research friend

oh,, and max thc is 'not' when cloudy is the majority,,

the moment a trichome starts to turn cloudy it is degrading from it's maximum potency, fact, not pseudo science

Back
Top Bottom