Watering with aquarium water

mido334452

Hey my green society
I've heard the aquarium (fish tank) water is great for plants irrigation as contains a lot of ammonia and nitrogen and micro organic algae
Is that correct or is it a myth?
Is it really good for the ladies or what?

Sent from my SM-N9200 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Aquarium water is great for plants!! I've used it for years! There's also setups that are called aquaponics - you can google that for more information. If you get it right, the only addition needed is some type of natural fish food. The plants do all the filtering. Anyways, back to your original question. The poop from the fish acts as nutrients for the plants :) :). Watch the PH and keep an eye on your plants but you should be just fine!

The Freak's First Journal! - 5 Year Old Bag Seed - CFL/LED - 2016
2nd Grow - The Freak Is Back - LED 2017

As previously mentioned aquaponics is a very Eco friendly and effective way of cultivating a variety of plants. In a lot of instances they also sell the fish as a source on income tilapia and catfish being a couple of the popular ones. It's a cool process. There's a couple farms up north with tilapia and salad/micro greens.

There are lots of resources throughout the rest of the web, just search "aquaponics"

Do you really want to do it? I mean, that it isn't my business, but water from aquarium isn't good in major situations. I mean, that besides, the fish is used to piss in the water, so make the pro cent of ammonia in the water higher, as well, some worms can be met in the aquarium, which aren't always good, like fireworms. I don't really think, that you want to see the house full of worms one morning. Of course, you can use this water, but I won't recommend you to do it.
How is the water from the aquarium any different than the water from a river or lake? A lot of farmers will pull water from rivers, lakes and ponds to water their crops or for their animals.

I am not sure how anyone would wake up one morning and find their house full of worms just because they were using aquarium water for their plants.

Had to look up fireworms since that name was unfamiliar. Fireworms are a salt water animal. I doubt that anyone would want to use the water from a salt water aquarium to water their plants.

Mulm is the name for the decomposing material found at the bottom of aquariums. It is made up of fish excrement and food that was not eaten and plant debris if it is a planted aquarium. The stuff has to be pretty good if it is used to make products that can be bought in gardening and grow shops. They are intended to be added to the water to boost the growth of the plant.

Back
Top Bottom