Watering With The BLT Method

Coco is an inert medium to grow in. Its basically hydro. So you have complete control over your girls and what they and how they grow. You can just follow along any decent journal and replicate their nutrient dosages till you get the hang of it. That's exactly what I did. Now I max out two rooms every month. And have a veg room that's brimming. It takes a while to get to that point but if you want a farm that's a simple way to get there my friend.
cool i appreciate it man
Coco is a different type of grow medium as apposed to soil. It does t contain many if any nutrients like soil or compost. So you have full control over what you feed it. It has its advantages and disadvantages. For your first "farm" I would suggest growing in a pre amended compost. Them all you have to do is water them.
i was planning on using my own concotion that ive made up using chemistry and botany to produce one of the best grow soil and medium in my pot but i also use additives like dried seeweed and asprin to balance the ph lvls out. what do u think of that?

cool i appreciate it man

i was planning on using my own concotion that ive made up using chemistry and botany to produce one of the best grow soil and medium in my pot but i also use additives like dried seeweed and asprin to balance the ph lvls out. what do u think of that?
I would advise against my friend. It's quite an advanced process. It isn't impossible, so don't get me wrong. But if this is your first grow , you need to simplify the procedure. Where all you have to worry about is light, heat , air and water.

I would advise against my friend. It's quite an advanced process. It isn't impossible, so don't get me wrong. But if this is your first grow , you need to simplify the procedure. Where all you have to worry about is light, heat , air and water.
ok ill take ur advice and start small so is too much to go for hrydroponics system or stay with soil?

ok ill take ur advice and start small so is too much to go for hrydroponics system or stay with soil?
Stay with soil. For now and get a few plants under your belt. It's a rewarding hobby. But it can be the most frustrating one also. I believe most members will agree if it's your first grow. Keep it as simple as possible

Yes sir, keep it simple for starting out. The biggest thing is to get you through the first grow. You need some experience under you’re belt.

what I would recommend to grow in to start, is a simple mix I came across while growing.

mix 100% worm castings in with perlite to be a 50/50 mix, and feed with liquid nutrients. Plants fucking love it!! Lol
DB6FC875-B19E-4B40-8D1A-37777838E1A1.jpeg

That’s a green crack I grew in that medium. Showcased in my blue Angel 2019 journal... actually, it’s at the beginning, then I had two more runs in that journal. I used coco for the one grow, then back to perlite and worm castings for the second grow.

I also commented on you’re post.

Yes sir, keep it simple for starting out. The biggest thing is to get you through the first grow. You need some experience under you’re belt.

what I would recommend to grow in to start, is a simple mix I came across while growing.

mix 100% worm castings in with perlite to be a 50/50 mix, and feed with liquid nutrients. Plants fucking love it!! Lol
DB6FC875-B19E-4B40-8D1A-37777838E1A1.jpeg

That’s a green crack I grew in that medium. Showcased in my blue Angel 2019 journal... actually, it’s at the beginning, then I had two more runs in that journal. I used coco for the one grow, then back to perlite and worm castings for the second grow.

I also commented on you’re post.
@Backlipslide . Would you recommend adding worm castings to my coco.
Or just using perlite and worm castings. I like the control I have in coco, its easy for me to scale, not sure if I just add the castings to my existing grow.
I love your girls and you get more volume per plant than me so anything you can recommend would be greatly appreciated. :Namaste:

Damn I really love a toasted BLT sandwich, And a tall glass of iced tea on ice to go with it! :cheesygrinsmiley:

You may, or may not have come across this as you’ve been reading the fine journals here at:420:

Upon request I’ve decided to make a thread specifically for the BLT Method. Not only do I love BLT’s, but our beloved weed “The Marijuana” loves BLT’s as well.:smokin:

Let me explain.

There is an overwhelming weight on our shoulders when we first start growing marijuana. Are they on track, am I under watering, am I over watering, so on and so forth.

Let’s just relax a bit here, gather your feet from underneath you, smoke a joint if you have to. It will be ok! All the fine members from the 420 mag are here to help. That’s exactly what I’m trying to do with this thread. Give you all a piece of mind with your watering.

Now, this watering technique works well for soil, super soil, and coco. Except coco is considered a hydro grow, not a soil grow. Coco won’t have a wet/dry cycle, because they can usually get fed everyday, but I will get more into the wet/dry cycle later.

Plants love a BLT (bacon lettuce tomato sandwich)

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT. With an improper feeding technique can lead to nutrient lockout or other deficiency problems.

Feeding properly now. You give the plant a nice BLT! Watering the entire surface of soil, let it all run down, filling up the surface of your soil again, and let it drain. Repeat until you see run off. Ensuring you that all of the roots are being fed the entire BLT given. Doing so also ensures your pulling oxygen down with the water, giving a great amount of oxygen to those roots as well, because oxygen is just as important to those roots as the nutrients are.

I also see a lot of people battling humidity problems as well, just un able to keep the RH levels where you want them to be. You can wet towels down and hang them in the grow area or, Using this feeding technique, will also raise your RH percentage, with larger amounts of water being pulled through the pots. Leave your pots elevated up off the ground and have a container underneath the pots to catch any run off after putting your plants back into the tent/box/room.

I always pull my plants out of the tent for feeding. I love interacting with the plants. Pinching, pulling, viewing, training, etc.etc...
So I feed them and let them drain as much as I can before putting them back into the tent. I never collect all of the run off, so having the containers underneath the pots collects the excess water and raises the humidity levels for you. Don’t just put your plants back into the area, I want you to pick up each pot, and make a mental note in your head on how heavy they are promptly to being fed. Use that to determine when to feed your plants again. Your plants will feel like a feather compared to shortly after being fed. You need to create your self a good wet/dry cycle for your plants. Following this technique you will have a plentiful future!

thanks for taking the time to read this, I wish you all the best of luck in the future, if you have any issues, or problems, or even just want to share your experience with using this method. Your more then welcome!:thanks:
:passitleft:
very good explaination.im a BLT guy too! I just got stupid hungry typing that. Thank you for the info!!

@Backlipslide . Would you recommend adding worm castings to my coco.
Or just using perlite and worm castings. I like the control I have in coco, its easy for me to scale, not sure if I just add the castings to my existing grow.
I love your girls and you get more volume per plant than me so anything you can recommend would be greatly appreciated. :Namaste:
I personally would keep a soil based medium separate from coco, but it’s definitely not unheard of. I just have no experience mixing the two together. It’s tricky to grow in a half soil, half coco mix because coco needs 5.8 for a PH, and soil takes 6.2-6.5

to unpopular belief, it’s pretty hard to over water in coco, as it’s considered a hydro grow, and roots practically live in water. Where soil based mediums, is, it’s common to over water.

so, my answer is, it’s doable, but I’d suggest keeping the two mediums separate. Especially for someone that is just starting out in growing.

best advice a novice grower can take, is keep it simple. Until they understand the anatomy of a plants full life cycle. Then expand from there! :passitleft:
(not that I’m saying you’re a novice grower, just using it as an example)

I personally would keep a soil based medium separate from coco, but it’s definitely not unheard of. I just have no experience mixing the two together. It’s tricky to grow in a half soil, half coco mix because coco needs 5.8 for a PH, and soil takes 6.2-6.5

to unpopular belief, it’s pretty hard to over water in coco, as it’s considered a hydro grow, and roots practically live in water. Where soil based mediums, is, it’s common to over water.

so, my answer is, it’s doable, but I’d suggest keeping the two mediums separate. Especially for someone that is just starting out in growing.

best advice a novice grower can take, is keep it simple. Until they understand the anatomy of a plants full life cycle. Then expand from there! :passitleft:
(not that I’m saying you’re a novice grower, just using it as an example)
I didn't think they would mix thank you. I appreciate you taking time.
I still consider myself a novice so no worries there :peace:

Back
Top Bottom