Wave's 2nd Grow: LSD-25 Auto In Soil

What should I use as a propogation surface?

• XBOX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ROUTER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SendWaves

Coming in hot with the start to my second grow, paddle out with me!

SETUP

Sliiiiightly less of a newb this time around I’ll be growing 2 plants from seed in soil with a ViparSpectra Reflector Series 300w LED (germination and veg) & MARS HYDRO TS1000 (flower). Going off the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” attitude my medium is Black Gold organic soil which I’ve had a great experience with so far. During the seedling and veg phase the plants will spend their time in a 30x18x36in tent before moving into a 24x24x60in tent to flower. Veg tent ventilation is handled by a 4in 195CFM inline fan (exhaust) and pulling in outside air with a 4-in 100CFM inline booster. In the flowering tent I have a carbon filter scrubbing the air pulled from an AC Infinity Cloudline S6 - an adjustable speed 406 CFM 6-inch inline fan. A 6-in 240CFM inline duct fan serves as the intake. As with my first grow this a small scale setup designed to fill my own medicinal needs.

The seeds are LSD-25 Autoflower by 420FastBuds. Now, my first grow was a clone that was pretty far along into veg so this time around I have an opportunity to make mistakes during germination! 8-9 weeks from seed to harvest is appealing to say the least. LSD-25 is indica dominant and produces beautiful purple buds with THC levels at or above 20%. I'll dive into nutrients after successfully germinating these 2 seeds (using the paper towel method). This afternoon I plopped the seeds in a cup for 24 hours until they sink. Tomorrow I’ll describe in more detail my attempt at germinating. Be easy out there!

20200515_185958.jpg

Might be the first time I've ever seen a grow journal "open" with a poll, lol. Either should work, assuming it's not already warm in the space. You want the seeds to be at least 70°F, but not much over 80°F. Being out of range is not an automatic show-stopper, but...

I consider 78°F to be just about optimum for cannabis seed germination, in the generic sense. I use the phrase "in the generic sense," because I suppose that strains that have evolved or naturalized in areas that generally have a significantly cooler - or warmer - start to their growing season might have different optimum germination temperatures. IDK.

Good luck with your seeds (and grow)!

Might be the first time I've ever seen a grow journal "open" with a poll, lol. Either should work, assuming it's not already warm in the space. You want the seeds to be at least 70°F, but not much over 80°F. Being out of range is not an automatic show-stopper, but...

I consider 78°F to be just about optimum for cannabis seed germination, in the generic sense. I use the phrase "in the generic sense," because I suppose that strains that have evolved or naturalized in areas that generally have a significantly cooler - or warmer - start to their growing season might have different optimum germination temperatures. IDK.

Good luck with your seeds (and grow)!

Hahaha Yea I was giving the poll feature a whirl mostly for shits and gigs. With your temp advice Ill go ahead and chalk it as a success. Thanks my friend, I'll be sure to aim for 78 degrees.

Hope your rolling in the Dough, business must be getting better with this virus settling down. Cheers

I was so caught up with Nigerian Sunshine I realized I haven't updated my Auto journal...my apologies party people. I've got some content for ya that'll drop tonight when I'm home from work....ON A TUESDAY as Drake would say. Cheers fam!

Here we are at day 25. 10 days ago I transplanted both young ladies into their 3 gal homes where they will stay for the next 5-6 weeks until harvest. I think I'll challenge myself by quadlining the larger of the 2 along with some LST. The other I'm going to let nature take its course for comparisons sake. How about that purple already making an apperance on the little one?

Next update I'll post the post-quadline pics and recap how that went, along with my nutrient plan for the remainder of the grow. Much love.

20200616_210504.jpeg
20200616_210518.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom