Ways to pass time when you cant smoke

xwwx

*moved*
I recently turned 18 and had to get a job to pay for car insurance, college, gas money, clothes, and basically everything except rent and food, so I applied at a local Raleys and had a GREAT interview, and they called me wanting to go to the next step which was a drug test. I was assueming it would be a urine test (no problem, my step brother has stuff hes used to get state jobs and was willing to give me it for free) but I talked to my dad about being nervous about it in case it was not a urine test, and he suggested I call the corporate office to see how they handle drug testing. Well lo and behold, they do a hair test.

I was very bummed, and decided the best course of action would be to talk to my manager and confess that I wouldn't pass the hair test, and said i believed in being honest (which is mostly true) and didn't want them to waste their money. He told me he appreciated the honesty, and called to talk to his boss and see what he could do. He found out he could hire me if the hair test showed that I haven't smoked in 3 months, so he told me to come back in 3 months of no smoking and Id have a job.

Well, as I said I need this job, it offers full benefits plus decent pay and promotion potential, so I went for it. I knew that I hadn't smoked since jan 1st, and that I could make it to April, so Ive been not smoking. Its been pretty easy but recently i've been under a ton of stress, and have been dieing to smoke and just chill for a little bit. I was wondering, what do you guys do to help pass the times when you cant smoke for whatever reason? I only have a few more weeks to go, but the faster and easier it is the better = ).

there is a kit out there that you can buy that has shampoo w thistles in it, this is supposed to strip your hair so you can pass a hair test

Ive already invested a little over 2 months, Im not going to risk buying that and not having it work.

The truth is, i've had one hell of a bad last few months. A lot of major personal drama that happened, and recently stuff has only got worse. I mean, im talking major bad stuff happening here, and I try to make the best of it, but when you cant see friends and everything that can go wrong from big things to little things starts happening for a few months in a row, its kind of hard to keep yourself in a good mood and on the right track.

I've tried to keep myself busy, and i've kept myself pretty busy, even took up self defense at a local class 2 weeks ago thats pretty fun and intense. It seems like the harder I try to keep myself busy the more depressed I get doing things tho.

I'm not trying to complain any, i'm just.. so stressed out. Oh well.. two or three more weeks and i can pass that test and then i'm gonna go buy myself a 1/2 and just sit back and :bong: Thanks for everyone who bothered to read this :p

Thanks for the replies suggestions and support guys (and girls).

I'll let you all know how it goes in a few weeks = )

I'm pretty sure they only test about 90 days worth of hair anyways, so chances are they're not making any real exception for you, they're just telling you to wait till it's grown out enough. That said, this is absolutely the First time I have ever heard of a hair test being done. What kind of company and position is this for? Something major, or just some random job? Thats wild man.

As far as what to do, I'm a knowledge freak. I haven't been able to smoke for a few months either, and when I have nothing to do, I just look up whatever pops into my head. I watch a good movie, I look up the people who made it and see what else they made. I have a random question about, say, Scorpions, I hit up Wiki and read as much as I can. I also read a lot of books. But Wikipedia has probably been my #1 boredom cure since I've been sober. Theres just so much info there, it's hard to not think of something interesting to read about.

To be completely honest its a job at Raley's, a grocery store... as a bag boy!

Its a very decent job for an 18 year old, since it starts at 8.20 an hour and full benefits (after 6 months), but I was also very very surprised about the hair test. I was expecting a urine test, and as I said above called their corporate office and inquired about the testing, only to find to my dismay that it was a hair folicil (sp? Sorry, im horrible with spelling) test.

When I talked to my soon to be manager about the problem, openly and honestly, he called corporate himself to see what he could do, and told me that even if the hair test showed that I had smoked pot, as long as it was 3 months since I smoked last he could still hire me, and that he was sure he would still have an open position for me.

It was really hard making it this far, but it's for the best. The way I look at it, the sooner I get this job the more quickly I get my own place with my gf. (House and rent costs in California are nuts).

I have a quick question, is it legal according to state law for one medical marijuana user to sell pot to another medical marijuana user? (If this violates the forum rules im sorry.. I'm not meaning the question to be about selling more as a clarification on the laws in my area. My gfs dad has all sorts of trouble and has been a medical M patient for many many years now, but after his current crop he is giving up on growing because he physically cant do it anymore, and I want to be able to help him out)

I can't believe how much money companies spend on drug tests.

Even more incredible that McD's, Raley's, etc., give drug tests. Hair tests are very common.

To me, what makes it more interesting is my hubbie just went to work with one of the cities in this area, and no drug test.

well dude....my interests are probly not the same as yours but anyway here we got....

well i do all these things stoned so i cant really tell you i do these when i cant smoke...but i do do these things to pass time

Paintballin
Growin (take a break from smoking untill your grow is done...savor the flavor)
if you cant smoke then drink

To be completely honest its a job at Raley's, a grocery store... as a bag boy!

I have a quick question, is it legal according to state law for one medical marijuana user to sell pot to another medical marijuana user? (If this violates the forum rules im sorry.. I'm not meaning the question to be about selling more as a clarification on the laws in my area. My gfs dad has all sorts of trouble and has been a medical M patient for many many years now, but after his current crop he is giving up on growing because he physically cant do it anymore, and I want to be able to help him out)

McD's, Raleys, etc. give drug tests. Hair tests are not uncommon. But my hubbie just started working for one of the cities here, and after after drying out for 3 months, found there is no drug test! Go figure.

As far as selling between MM patients, this is an old thread I found of RD's that may help

Marijuana Sales--Person To Person

Let us know how everything turns out. I admire you for not smoking for so long.

Hi Dude,
Good thinking for the future, I hope it works out for you and your gf, and whatever you do ,do not give up now. Starting a post like this is a good way to pass the time, look at all the kind responses from everyone, you gotta love that. Peace.

I second doing research about any little thing that interests me. If you read my one post about Stairway to Heaven, then you will understand that researching things that genuinely interest you can take up a huge amount of time. Another thing for me, Guitar Hero...though right now its broken because of some chick who crashed my playstation 2 into the cement floor. Which reminds me, I still need to talk to her. Anyways, another thing would try to become a little more social with your friends who may not smoke. Worked for me.

start lifting and running. i know it sounds crazy but when you aren't smoking the results are awesome. plus if you do go back to smoking you've got nice freshy lungs and you'll get fucked up beyond comprehension. youtube is another one. good luck bro

I think i'm going ask my gf if I can borrow her ps2 and her guitar hero 2. I used to play it all the time with one of my friends in the 2 player mode, and i think that game and my martial arts class along with some exercising could keep me plenty distracted. Once again thanks to EVERYONE for the support and ideas, you guys rock!

Back
Top Bottom