WCT - Kiss 12/12 OC + SOG

Re: Wct, Kiss 12/12 OC + SOG

Hi wct, good to see your journal up. I'm along for the ride.
Congrats on the sprouts. I've thought about trying a SOG style grow, maybe somwhere down the road. Good luck, off to a good start.:cheer::thumb:

hell yeah homie. Hygrozyme works wonders for keeping your medium clean and your roots thriving. Doc uses it too, hes the one that told me about it. Highly recommend the stuff. you anywhere near san francisco?

Lived in So Cal entire life and never made it to the Bay area. Alot of my clients live there though. Tell me to come up and eat. I guess the restraunts are top notch. But we have the whole world beat when it comes to mexican food. Including Mexico. Im going to look into that hygrozyme. Yeah Doc and Mmmmick have saved me alot of headache with their knowledge.

day 6, is it over yet.

the sprouts are a real bummer. Eight have popped and stretched. have light about 6in away now. The last time seedlings stretched on me, I buried the stem right below the pre-leaves. Will have to think about that this time. Just need them to stop. My fault though never really tested the led with seedlings.

I believe if you add a cfl or 2, you could stop the stretching and/or throw them in the corner of your 600w tent for a few hours each day? Your set-up is Pro!

Good Luck +rep

I second the cfl idea. I've got mine under 26w 6500's about 3 inches above each plant with a small reflector and they're loving it, no stretch at all.

Day 11

Sorry havent been around lately. Heres the scoop. Started w/ 10 HB and 10 OG. Currently I have only 5 HB and 3 OG. Very disappointed in the HB. Bought for 5 bucks a piece from Mandala and only 5 popped. The OG were bag seeds so not too upset. The seedling are about 4 in below the UFO. They really stretched so i cut half a keg cup and flipped it upside down. Then i taped it to top of other to give me a bigger container. filled with soil and they are much more stable. Sorry no pics they are sleeping and ive been working late every night so only can see for a minute in the mornings.

The other two under the 600w seem to be happy now the temps have gone down. I placed some OC+ on the top, then placed 3 in of soil on top. Im done mixing nutes. I hope to never go down that road again. Long live Doc and his OC+ method. Water and molassis only from now on. Even thinking of adding some J1 to the mix. thats Jack Herer and Skunk #1. Really good head buzz.

Will keep up with pics. see ya peeps

Day 11

Sorry havent been around lately. Heres the scoop. Started w/ 10 HB and 10 OG. Currently I have only 5 HB and 3 OG. Very disappointed in the HB. Bought for 5 bucks a piece from Mandala and only 5 popped. The OG were bag seeds so not too upset. The seedling are about 4 in below the UFO. They really stretched so i cut half a keg cup and flipped it upside down. Then i taped it to top of other to give me a bigger container. filled with soil and they are much more stable. Sorry no pics they are sleeping and ive been working late every night so only can see for a minute in the mornings.

The other two under the 600w seem to be happy now the temps have gone down. I placed some OC+ on the top, then placed 3 in of soil on top. Im done mixing nutes. I hope to never go down that road again. Long live Doc and his OC+ method. Water and molassis only from now on. Even thinking of adding some J1 to the mix. thats Jack Herer and Skunk #1. Really good head buzz.

Will keep up with pics. see ya peeps

I have increased my seed sprouting percentage by scraping the seeds where they will eventually split. It will also speed up the process. I had a similar problem in the begining of my Gardening Adventure. The Keg cup was a great idea! Good thinkin'. I cant wait to see pics.

Leave it to the members of 420mag to come up with what looks to be the ideal growing method (OC+/DM), to convince me to go back to Hempy and growing with a medium (perlite). Since getting rid of soil, perlite, hydroton, anything but H2O, I have been bug free except for the occasional visit from the borg. But with the addition of the No Pest Strips, they dont get very old.

With so few seeds popping, I would take some cuttings before they get too far into budding and save the best females of each strain for Moms. Then next run you can fill the 5x5 tent with as many plants as you want. With the plant counts for MMJ in Michigan, I tend to grow trees. I may play around with a 12/12 from seed run since I have created a few unique crosses.

I just noticed you put the 5x5 tent away? You will need both for a Perpetual Garden. Are you planning on just doing 12/12 from seed from now on? I personally like to have plants ready for the flowering area as soon as I harvest, but then again, I probably go through more meds than you?

:tokin:Good Luck!

Thanks for stoppin bye Med S. The 5x5 is set up and has two lst girls going 12/12. Found some mites on them sprayed w/SNS. I dont think im going to go 12/12 all the time. My dispensary has some nice clones. Thinking of taking clones st8 to 12/12 with OC+ and half pelite,water and molassis. Have someone from the mother land (amstredam) that does same thing, except with a ebb and flow system. Like Docs said taste is in the soil. Going to post pics tommorrow.

Hi wct.

Too bad the numbers weren't better on the seedlings but you've got the strain to work with at least.
Good catch on the mites, get em early. :thumb:
Has the ufo slowed the stretch? 4" sounds close but I can't say from experience with seedlings. I've seen a Ufo bleach buds at that distance. However, if your seedlings are fine at 4" I'm gonna lower mine from 6", heheh. I couldn't bring myself to lower it any further because I can bury the stretch but burnt is burnt.
Looking forward to the pics. Hope they're all girls.:peacetwo:

Going to start seeds in a paper towel. Placed in a ziplock and a dark place until first seed cracks. Then to the red cups. Half perlite on the bottom, half FFOF on top. Will place some OC+ on bottom. Hopefully this will be a good home for 3 weeks.

I was reading your first post again to check something else and I noticed the above quote. I meant to ask you about "until the first seed cracks" a few days ago and it slipped my medicated mind. Do you plant all of your seeds as soon as one of them pops or wait for a bit of a taproot on each seed? Maybe I'm not reading between the lines.:tokin:

Thanks for stopping bye Mmmmick. I usually wait until the tap root pops than plant. This time i waited until about half were popped than planted all. That was a mistake. I usually have really good success with the paper towel. Very interested to see a male plant. All of the bag seed ive done has been a female.(100%) Hopefully one HB and OG of different sex. I really like seeds in general. They usually dont have the same issues as clones. The clones around here go for about 10 bucks a piece. I can get some really good femized from nirvana for about half that. Im just not that interested in having a mother either. already have issues with the 12/12 crop.

Im medicating on OG from same bag seed now. Its muy bueno. So Mmmick are u always satified with the end product? It seems that even if im not totally satified, its usually as good as the 50.00 an eight stuff at the dispensary. Especially if i let it cure for 6-8 weeks.

The UFO is scarry. Started with really bad stretch, bcuz afraid of the burn. Eventually got down to under 4in.

sorry for babbling, OG Kush fault

later
wct

That's why I decided to grow my own meds... club prices are just as bad (or worse) than street prices around here. And it's way more work to get it from the club then the guy a few blocks away. I've had my medical card for years and never went to the club until this year... and the only reason I went was due to my lack of success making my own medibles.

That's why I decided to grow my own meds... club prices are just as bad (or worse) than street prices around here. And it's way more work to get it from the club then the guy a few blocks away. I've had my medical card for years and never went to the club until this year... and the only reason I went was due to my lack of success making my own medibles.

Agreed, sometimes it feels the shops are really not compasionate. Just another business. Sometime ill go to see if they have a nice clone strain. Thats why i think this prop 19 will help drop prices, maybe even have it where everyone is just trading buds to taste something different. If every residence can grow 5x5 area, thats alot meds.

Thanks for stopping bye Mmmmick. I usually wait until the tap root pops than plant. This time i waited until about half were popped than planted all. That was a mistake. I usually have really good success with the paper towel. Very interested to see a male plant. All of the bag seed ive done has been a female.(100%) Hopefully one HB and OG of different sex. I really like seeds in general. They usually dont have the same issues as clones. The clones around here go for about 10 bucks a piece. I can get some really good femized from nirvana for about half that. Im just not that interested in having a mother either. already have issues with the 12/12 crop.

Im medicating on OG from same bag seed now. Its muy bueno. So Mmmick are u always satified with the end product? It seems that even if im not totally satified, its usually as good as the 50.00 an eight stuff at the dispensary. Especially if i let it cure for 6-8 weeks.

The UFO is scarry. Started with really bad stretch, bcuz afraid of the burn. Eventually got down to under 4in.

sorry for babbling, OG Kush fault

later
wct

It's easy to get a little anxious and try to hurry things along, especially at the beginning stages.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding a male. I prefer clones for their consistent behaviour under the screen but seed grows give the grower the choice of parents. Good luck finding the matchups you want. I'm still hunting for a couple of mums to keep long term now that I have a chance of staying ahead of the PM.

Sounds like the OG is working well, heheh.

I've yet to be completely satisfied with any of my crops because I know they could have all been better. But each grow gets me closer to satisfaction. I think I have the airflow issues eliminated so I'm looking forward to my next run being the first that isn't negatively influenced by my setup. As far as comparisons go, I'm satisfied that my grows have supplied me with smoke that is at least as good as the local product in potency. Bag appeal may not be there yet but thats improving as well and is secondary to potency for me. So, I'd say I've been happy with my grows but not completely satisfied.:thumb:

Yeah I still get stretch with seedlings because I've been switching light sources every grow and I've been reluctant to get too close. Once I have a consistent setup I hope to eliminate the early stretch.

THC influenced babbling is always acceptable.:tokin:

Whats goin on Mmmmick? Thanks for droppin by. I got one of the seedlings too close to the ufo and fried a couple of leaves. Live and learn. I still have a big issue with the mites. Anyone out there use the no pest strip? Wondering if theres issues with that crude falling on the ladies? Thats it for now off to medicate

Back
Top Bottom