We are Back! Jimmy's Grow the Sequel

t420jimmy

Hello Everybody:hookah: Well My last grow was very productive:tokin: I have included a few pictures from that grow and new pictures of my current grow. Hereare a few observations I have from doing these specific plants.

First, the "Big Devil's" Autoflowering strain rocks:cheer::cool: I am not exagerating when I say it is some very potent weed indeed:cool: It grows very big compact buds covered in frost.

Big_Devil_cola.jpg
They will vary in size (Height and width), but even the small ones produce big.They do not like the regular feeding cycle and quantities of nutes as directed. I have found that following Fox Farms nutrient schedule for the "Big Devils" by 1/8th the dosage for first two weeks then 1/4 strength afterwards. You will need to vary it for the larger ones. Which is why full strength will not work.. you will not know which are going to be the large ones until they sex. Mine have been averaging 19-22 days untill they sex. They also do better with a 20/4 light cycle. Increased yield by changing light cycle by 14-26 grams per plant (it will obviously vary in accordance to the plant size0. They also do better with Fox Farms Happy Frog soil. I tried muliple mixtures but 85 percent Happy Frog and 15 percent Ocean Forest works the best. I have included pictures of the current "Big Devil" grow
small_sea_of_green.jpg
I averaged 44 grams per plant last grow, which was twice the amount from the previus grow. That was the grow that I learned that they could not take the same amount of nutes. This grow they are even larger at the same point in time - 38 days. I will keep you posted.

I am growing "Kandi Kush" plants as well, two to be exact. I allow them to veg much longer while pruning and topping them. I also use 7 gallon pots rather than the 5 gallon pots that I use for the "Big Devils". Thus allowing for the additional growth time. I also let them flower one extra week with a slight increase of Cha-Ching.
Kandy_Kush_1.jpg
Kandi_nug.jpg

So welcome to my humble grow journal:welcome: I do appreciate any comments or feed back.. information is knowledge. So, :thanks:

Here is the spec sheet:

I use 5 gallon pots for my "Big Devils" 7 gallon pots for the "Kandi Kush".
Fox Farms Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil as prescribed above.

The entire Fox Farms nutrient schedule, though modified as described above for the "Big Devils".

RH: 45
PH: 6.8
Temp: 77-84
Circular ceiling fan for ventilation. Works great:slide:

This is a CFL grow.This works for me considering the enviromental and electrical considerations I have to work with. Not taking a position in what type of lights to use. This works for me and I get great yields/results. Use what works for you.

Lights: 576 watts 35,100 lumens at 2700k
126 watts 7,800 lumens

I have a 4' 54 watt Jumpstart that acts as my nursery lighting.

Other than my fans all the plants have perfect ventilation. I don't have to use anything to vent with, nor do I have to worry about extreme heat signatures.. actively look in my area. So all in all, this system works just fine for me. "I love to grow, almost as much as I love to smoke". T420Jimmy:blunt:

High Jimmy!

I love your set up, very simple and to the point! I my self am a CFL grower as well and have gotten excellent results with them as well!

I'll be keeping an eye out for an update!

Hey Everyone:) Thanks for the interest and input: welldone: I have included pictures this week as well. I had two "Kandy Kush" plants but one went hermie on me, so the picture of the big plant is my Female "Kandy Kush" plant. But, hey, shit happens.. no harm done. My "Big Devils" are doing great, as you can see in their second week of flowering:yahoo: This could be a very high yield for only three "Big Devils". I have had no issues, thus far, in this grow:) I believe I have figured out the correct light cycle and Nute regimen for this AF. The quality of this bud is second to none. Seriously this is three hit weed.. 5 to get stoned out of your mind:bong: Next grow I will attempt a "L.A. Woman" My girlfriend makes the best brownies:) She took pictures of the whole process.. well organised.. ask her to post them - they are great:yahoo: Here are the pictures for week two (2) of flowering for the "Big Devil's" and I just started the cycle for the "Kandy Kush".
three_devils.jpg

b_devil_close_up.jpg

b_devil.jpg

Kandy_Kush1.jpg

B_devil_2.jpg

Thanks in advance to everyone:thanks: :peace:

man would have loved to see the earlier stages of this grow.

hoping to start my own autflowering within the week. just need some more info on the first couple weeks, soil, watering and nutes.

I have the AN 3 step nutes (micro, grow & bloom) and hope I can use those for my 4 Automarias, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom