We Gotta Weird One

AdaminCO

Anyone ever see the leaf base thicker than the nodes? It’s Wilma Kush, an Indica dominant hybrid.

I’m not one to cut leafs but I feel like they are doing more harm than good at this point. Thing has stayed really short and stubby.

4g MC - 4mL Botanicare CalMag - 4mL Botanicare Silica Blast.

First time using silica… so wondering if I’m overdoing it.

Pics are from Jan 4 to Jan 27.

C275ACB0-268F-4E3B-B39A-4C7D6FA03B0A.jpeg

6E517243-E138-41A9-AF1C-A17ECBFA285D.jpeg

6BB4A979-8DD3-4E69-ACE7-ED657ED85A91.jpeg

0B913AD7-EC21-4AC4-AB87-53663C00FDB2.jpeg

E235D5E8-D63E-4D35-8710-2691D20E65C8.jpeg

C3D757DE-C56D-4262-948C-5292C7AE886C.jpeg

3ED35E43-5DAF-4199-84AA-BB2FD76570E7.jpeg

I always get tall leggy ones, so this time I went straight into the 5 gallon felt from a half solo cup to see what would happen.

I usually run a mixed organic soil or FFOF but recently switched it up to a Mother Earth soil. Definitely a learning curve. This stuff drains really fast. I feel like it dries x2 quicker so I’m feeding more, hence the dark green and I think the odd growth. Just over feed due to the frequency. I think I need to dial back down to 3-3-3 or stay 4-4-4 and plain water the edges every other feed.

She looks great! Wonderfully short internodal length is a very good thing. Don't stress, she will stretch out a bit as she gets along in the grow. You don't really need to thin anything out at this point. Lots of Indicas grow this way.

Are you alternating feed and water, f/w/f/w ? If you are and are still overfeeding, I would suggest going to f/w/w/f/w/w rather than adjusting the feed.

She looks great! Wonderfully short internodal length is a very good thing. Don't stress, she will stretch out a bit as she gets along in the grow. You don't really need to thin anything out at this point. Lots of Indicas grow this way.

Are you alternating feed and water, f/w/f/w ? If you are and are still overfeeding, I would suggest going to f/w/w/f/w/w rather than adjusting the feed.
Thanks Em… yes that’s what I decided to do too. I did drop the 4mg of CalMag and the 4mg of silica this feed.

The wet dry cycle is very quick in this soil. I wasn’t liking it at first, but now that I’m getting used to it, I’m liking it more. It’s packed with perlite.

Anyone ever see the leaf base thicker than the nodes?
Another one that caught my attention got my curiosity working overtime. Spent several minutes looking it up.

What we are seeing is actually part of the main stem or trunk and the base of the side branch coming off from it at the node. The area where the side branch meets the stem is the "branch union" and the thick part is referred to as the "branch collar". That thick part is strong and what keeps the side branch from falling off unless a lot of force is used. Examples being when the grower accidentally moves the branch to far to the side or bends the branch down to far and the union cracks but that collar remains. Or when strong winds cause the branch to sway to much and the branch breaks.

That "branch collar" is some tough plant material and can take longer to decompose than the truck or the branch.

Back
Top Bottom