We Should K.I.S.S - Second Grow

Small update, she's starting to look promising!

Getting really hot here now, small struggle with the temperature, luckily lights are on at night so should help keep it below 80s not much I can do about it since the outside air is almost the same.

420-magazine-mobile279526912.jpg

420-magazine-mobile5914197.jpg

420-magazine-mobile726049343.jpg

Day 36 flower

I've lost track with my journal keeping a few weeks ago... busy with.. external projects if you may.. So right now I'm practically winging it.. again.

Tried tying them down more to get the tops level with lower growth, didn't seem like a good idea after 2 days so I reverted back to current status today, hoping those buds will fatten up nicely.
420-magazine-mobile260686687.jpg

Compared to this pic I found from 13 days ago
420-magazine-mobile596124905.jpg

420-magazine-mobile27795178.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1002228411.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1067736298.jpg

Getting frosty, noticed this starting yesterday, barely had any visible.. and now look!
420-magazine-mobile1002539202.jpg

It's been quiet here lately, what's everyone up to?

@LFZ regarding the name change, will think some

It has been quiet, but hopefully everyone is still kicking lol. Amazing development in just a few days hey
completely surprised me, because I only have the one plant this grow, I don't always check every day like I used to on my previous. So I get a nice surprise every other day with the changes.

Day 42 Flower
Day 135 since germ

Had some curling/clawing on leaves in a few spots, gave them a nice flush a few days ago don't remember mentioning it, with 6pH water (lemon juice mix). Might have overdone the nitrosol too close to flowering (because of the deficiency she had near flower start) seeing as I'd mixed it in with my flowergro.

But the curling/clawing had stopped as far as my eyes can tell.

Here she is looking all groomed and sexy.
420-magazine-mobile1804803534.jpg

Some clawing on the left there
420-magazine-mobile1332010311.jpg

And some on the right here
420-magazine-mobile1436461529.jpg

Haven't really noticed much anywhere else, will be keeping my eyes peeled. But with the feed I'm giving now it has very little nitrogen so should get back to full health over time.

Day 163 total
Day 71 flower

Quick little update - new light! Sort of..

420-magazine-mobile1538279975.jpg

Got myself some of those cheapy high voltage no driver 50w COBs from China, only 2 for now and whipped up a prototype. Temperature greatly reduced from CFLs with almost 10F difference.

100w should be enough to complete this grow right?

420-magazine-mobile1017973101.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1001045267.jpg

420-magazine-mobile722084329.jpg

Day 75, as per my previous grow with Swazi (which I believe this is) I should have another 2-3 weeks before harvest.

The DIY 100w COB seems to be working well, but I think with the added fans inside to cool the heatsink my extractor pc fan isn't quite living up to the challenge anymore. Which will probably be my next upgrade.

Day 79

Seems like we're getting there, this one plant might actually yield more than my first grow's 3 plants combined. Not really as much trichome coverage as I would have wanted, additionally seems like new growth has started here and there since new lights were installed.. not sure if this is a good thing or lack of light.. Which would be a bad thing.. however I am satisfied with the outcome so far, hope we can harvest soon as my previous grow has gone down to the last 2 grams remaining..

not entirely sure how much g I had the first time around as I didn't have a scale back then, but the harvest lasted me a full 4 months (and I gave away at least 20% of that harvest)

Have a lovely weekend.

Really disappointing grow... low quality smoke, not really any pleasant effects from it.. very airy buds, taste is lackluster, slightly harsh..

Overall, just not satisfied... compared to my first grow, my second one was absolutely Shiite. Not even going to post bud shots, they just look horrible.

Let's learn from this, do it better and hope the next one (when I do start it) will have some quality bud.

:)

So what exactly were your take-aways? (Must do next time and don't do next time.)

Sorry things didn't go as well this time.
The main things I struggled with this time was:

1. Heat: I flowered just as Summer started, which really isn't the best thing seeing as it gets really hot here, 90-100F being the average high. We don't have any air conditioning, so it tends to be hot inside as well (we're used to it). So my inside cab area was usually around 80-85F lights on (70-80 lights off).

2. First time using nutrients, used the wrong ones during veg, caused a lot of stunted growth, which may have led to me initiating flower a few weeks early. Also, I kind of forgot to flush now and then, not sure how much of an impact that might have had.

3. Possibly because I'm used to growing with CFL until now, I might have had my COBs too close to the plant for the final two or 3 +- weeks of flower when I installed them.

4. Drainage was really poor, definitely putting more Perlite in the soil next time.

5. I stopped keeping track of my pH levels halfway through the grow and was lost quite a couple of times.

What I will repeat:

1. Fluxing / Mainline: I really dig this training, but next time I think I should experiment with lollipopping if I manage to get more than one female this time. The lower growth buds were practically useless.

2. Nitrosol during veg. My plants had a "serious" nitrogen deficiency during veg and this really helped a lot and fast.

3. Will time my next grow better in order to have optimal temperature for flower as temperate goes down for winter.

4. make mistakes, Learn and learn some more.

Interesting. Thanks.

Yeah, the importance of good drainage and aeration--as simple and unglamorous as it is--is one of the biggest lessons I have learned for any kind of gardening.

How do you expect to learn from your mistakes if you choose to hide them away and forget about them? Share your successes and failures no point in hiding anything just because it wasn't as good as you expected. I was on track for a great harvest last grow got mites and still updated accordingly even though it absolutely killed my harvest. It's part of it even the pros have issues from time to time and I see them post the issues on here and learn from them.

Why would anyone follow you if you are just going to run away from the forums as soon as something goes wrong? I'm not trying to be rude just blunt I don't care the quality of it but I'd like to see it. And if I were one of the people that followed from the start and you just dipped without finished pictures I wouldn't follow you again. Shouldn't be ashamed to make mistakes and it is absolutely not fair to new timers who scroll through the grow journals wondering why nobody else ever has problems but themselves when the truth is most are just hiding the mistakes. Making it to harvest is a success no matter the quality. The people who are following don't really care about how amazing the buds are anyway they just want to see them and experience the grow with you they wouldn't be making fun of you or anything for it they'd appreciate it.

How do you expect to learn from your mistakes if you choose to hide them away and forget about them? Share your successes and failures no point in hiding anything just because it wasn't as good as you expected. I was on track for a great harvest last grow got mites and still updated accordingly even though it absolutely killed my harvest. It's part of it even the pros have issues from time to time and I see them post the issues on here and learn from them.

Why would anyone follow you if you are just going to run away from the forums as soon as something goes wrong? I'm not trying to be rude just blunt I don't care the quality of it but I'd like to see it. And if I were one of the people that followed from the start and you just dipped without finished pictures I wouldn't follow you again. Shouldn't be ashamed to make mistakes and it is absolutely not fair to new timers who scroll through the grow journals wondering why nobody else ever has problems but themselves when the truth is most are just hiding the mistakes. Making it to harvest is a success no matter the quality. The people who are following don't really care about how amazing the buds are anyway they just want to see them and experience the grow with you they wouldn't be making fun of you or anything for it they'd appreciate it.
I completely agree with you.

My apologies if I, in any way, left anyone feeling that I dipped without finishing or that I hid my mistakes. Quite honest I lost track of this grow and of it's journal periodically throughout.

I'm new to growing and to any sort of forum in general. I can't say keeping a journal has ever been something I'm known to do, regarding anything. I guess you could say most of my posts and updates were posted at a time of excitement, due to the fact that I don't really have anyone I can share this hobby with except online. Which might make it seem like I'm only posting the successes. In fact I was actually just posting what I thought would excite others as most of the time it did me, even some of the mistakes. I really enjoyed the grow and the learning, and I enjoyed posting what I did. I don't tend to share bad news or failure in general, I bet that's part of the impression that I hid mistakes.

To end it off, my journal sucks for the most part. And I'm okay with that. It had potential, I'm learning as I go here.

Back
Top Bottom