It must be rare indeed, even with varieties from that part of the world. I actually think I saw a couple of 15-bladed ones, but I may well be mistaken/misremembering. Seems like there's a maximum number (for any given strain/plant) and that's only attained under "good conditions" (whatever they might be for the plant in question).

The many-fingered leaves that I saw were long, too, I remember that.

I think they're growing "other things" there now :( .

So why other than the challenge are you trying so hard with the PC? Is the smoke that good or is it just a personal war with this gal?

I have to sit and scratch my head over whether I’m ‘trying hard’ with it. I guess I am. I think I’m just so stubborn that it hasn’t really occurred to me I could just walk away. Pretty sure this is the sort of refined thinking that’s behind most wars. What- walk away? But then I would lose the fight...
Yeah apparently it’s ‘by far the best smoke I grow’. I got another long sermon about it a couple weeks ago. And yet another just a few days ago. There have been many over the years. The certified nutcase/medical patient I trade with the most, who gobbles up as much of it as he can, keeps insisting that I ‘quit growing all those other silly strains and only grow Pineapple Chunk’. It makes me laugh. He has no concept what a pain in the ass it is.
It’s a pain in the ass because- it grows like it’s been topped about 100 times even if I never top it at all, with limp branches (if you can even call them branches) sprouting out at every possible spot, and branches shooting out of those branches. Sort of like some kind of mistletoe or invasive glue-vine. Floppy as hell, falling all over the place. And sticky as hell too, so it’s totally loathsome to touch- slathering any part of you with stinky goo. I have to constantly thin it and try to hold it up off the ground. Usually a scrog screen is the only way to go. Every time I turn around it’s grown a few more pounds of tangled leafy goo all over it and I have to chop this stinking crap out and remove it again. Usually I get tired by mid flowering and abandon trying to fix the mess. The smell clings horribly and it’s the one strain I have to wear special clothes for- straight into the laundry basket with them afterwards.
Add to that it’s by far the most mould prone of any strain I’ve grown. Hard to get it to even reach harvest without getting at least some mould on it, and many many PC plants have never made it that far. Most of my bubble hash is PC based. It always seems to be looking like shit, suffering from mysterious ailments. It’s really amazing that this crap can produce decent bud. The bud itself is mostly just a bunch of leafy goo. No real definition between sugar leaf and bud. It’s got the structure of iceberg lettuce, a bunch of leaves layered together. I just hack off the entire outside of the buds and save whatever seems densest enough to get away with. .
I’ve been re-cloning it for about four years now. So I can only hope that fresh seeds will grow a less troublesome and more vigorous version.

Ego is not a dirty word..

Or horror movie.. don't tell me it was, jukebox in Siberia...

Well damn after that explanation that is one strain I never want to contend with. Funny thing is that TrainWreck is supposed to be similarly unruly. One of the members here did a larger comeercial style grow with it and it was all over the place. I didn't have any issues with mine that I grew so maybe it is just the plant that you have been working with and new seeds will fix your issues.

I don’t hear most people whining about it quite as hard as I tend to :) So here’s hoping new seeds will cure some of the problems....
Got my new ph probe today. :cheer: Faster than I expected and my plants even managed to live though the last few weeks. Some got a bit fried in the first feeding after the old probe broke, but I must have brewed up the next two feedings a little better cause they didn’t get much worse after that.

Save it to your notes on phone or in email... Impossible to find that stuff in your journal.. another idea is to have a dedicated thread for such titbits..

Safer here than on my phone though- I tend to shatter/drown/lose them regularly.
True that I do sometimes have to dig hard to find old stuff.
But the forum search engine has improved a lot since last year. You can even search the gallery now, and then select and copy the photos you do find so you can insert them in posts. Basic stuff, but I never could figure out how to do that stuff in the old format.

I don’t think I’d have too much trouble finding this one again if I have to. Hopefully I won’t ever have to. Kinda felt like a dumbass when I realized how little backup I left myself.

Notes on phone go from phone to phone... I just found all my saved ones from previous iphone, on this Android in notes section in email... I got no idea how Tech works.. none of my contacts or phone numbers came across with new phone but the date on all plants I've flipped in last six years did :rofl::rofl:

Good you at least saved the important stuff. I try to turn off all that ‘cloud’ stuff. It seems to have a mind of its own. I’m cloudy enough already. I don’t have the bandwidth or enough $ in the bank account to let my phone just upload/download overpriced data when it feels like it. It clogs everything up and I’m already regularly defying death climbing up that stupid tree, cordless drill in hand, to tweak the antenna enough just to squeak a few millibytes through. I might have some crayons the right colour though -I could make a sketch and tack it on the cabin wall.

Ive never opened iCloud, never signed to it.. because of my interests, it has no saved data in it :rofl::rofl: I've got no idea how these notes followed me but some shit I thought I'd lost, so has its benefits... No photos came over...

Full phone sucks, I went through that couple years ago, deleting photos etc to make room... I ended up restoring to factory settings and started again... I think some notes are actually before doing that... Hmmmm, kinda scary...

But the forum search engine has improved a lot since last year. You can even search the gallery now, and then select and copy the photos you do find so you can insert them in posts. Basic stuff, but I never could figure out how to do that stuff in the old format.

I usually don't even bother, because I long ago got into the habit of doing a site-search on the forum via a web-search engine. That allows me to use the full set of that search engine's tools (whatever they may be) on any website/forum that doesn't block the web spiders or whatever the searchbots are called.

I'm glad to read that the forum's own search routine has improved, though. Not everyone is aware that they can add
site:https://www.420magazine.com to (for example) their web browser's handy search box to force a search to confine itself to only this forum.

Full phone sucks, I went through that couple years ago, deleting photos etc to make room... I ended up restoring to factory settings and started again... I think some notes are actually before doing that... Hmmmm, kinda scary...

Simple solution: Choose a cell phone that has a memory card slot. I got a five-pack of those wee tiny buggers that go into them a year or so ago for like $20 when I had an unusually good week and could spare the cash. Takes me less than 30 seconds to swap one out/in, counting the time it takes to remove and replace the rear cover of the phone. I get unlimited talk and text for $10/month, but I have to pay for (cellular) data and can't always hop on someone's WiFi router. Plus, there aren't any cell towers in the woods, lol.

Back
Top Bottom