Ok housekeeping. Has to be done. :)

sativas ranging from high to highest order...

Thanks kindly for those links Romanoweed. :thumb: Some interesting looking sativas, bookmarked for the next time I’m going seed shopping. The purple Thai looks interesting. I have doubts when I hear 12 week flowering and ‘average 25% THC’. But when it comes to THC it seems talking a little BS is SOP.

Cloning was an issue in the fall for me. Maybe your winter is my fall?

That could very well be the case. Winter here is kind of like being in a car wash inside a wind tunnel.

...I'm gonna want to quiz Ya' on making your own CS, as I think it was here I saw mention and positive results in that regard...

I wanted to get back to this question. I don’t know what to think anymore. Making your own CS is easy enough, and it works as far as it creates a ton of hermies. The first time or two I used it I got some seeds, though not as many as I would have expected. Then the year before last I tried self pollination of some Critical Cheese and P Chunk plants. Some little clones grown just for the purpose- half were sprayed with CS to be the ‘males’, and half meant to be the ‘females’/seed bearers. I went through several rounds of hermie-laden sprayed clones. The first time around I got a few seeds on a Critical Cheese. But I didn’t get a single seed after that.

Now this latest try with the P Chunk. I got plenty of hermies and I shook them out regularly over another PC plant. Little hermie flower petals showered everywhere each day. But not a single seed has appeared anywhere in the flower room. I chopped that CS treated plant a couple days ago and poked and prodded everywhere. Nothing.

I’ve read of this happening before but I have no idea why CS would work only sometimes, and other times there’s apparently not a Single speck of viable pollen produced. :hmmmm: Surely someone has tried to answer this question before? I haven’t seen that answer.
I suppose I’ll have to look up that other silver stuff. STS is it ? (Yeah I googled it to make sure - Silver Thiosulfate). I think Icemud on his Xmas bud thread tried a bunch of CS pollination and had no success but then succeeded with STS.

singer songwriter here,, in studio, recording a c.d.,, but a 'compilation disk',, simply a record of my original music, for posterity

Would be fun to collaborate and jangle a few notes sometime. The painting is looking awesome.

The problem isn't the bubble bags - it's the bubble hash!!!
Once I tried dry Ice Hash, which uses a single bubble bag with NO water, I've never gone back!

I totally agree about the hash process! Dry ice is the only way I'll ever make hash again. The process is sooo much better IMO. Better yeild, equal quality, with no labor. It's like going from a push mower to a zero turn

I don’t see any way to do that here :( I looked to see if it can be shipped by mail but no- it sublimes into vapour at the rate of 1% an hour, so -no chance.
The herb market is flooded here now locally. I still make trades but it’s not the gold it once was. Mostly I just give it away.
The one trading commodity I still have that’s good, is hash. Everyone in the land says my hash is by far the best in the land. So I’m not too worried about the quality aspect. But ‘easier’ definitely perks my ears up. Oh well....

Oh yeah thanks Nivek for interrupting the doom gloom and death with those great photos. True classics. And I saw what you did there...

And even though I’m just a young buck, turned 30 on the 31st, I appreciate the insights of older folks.

Font chaos. I think I turned up the text size in my notes app so I could see it better....

Yeah listen to your grandma mate. :pLife is really all about what we are doing now, so enjoying that ‘now’ is the key. Has this been said before? Ha ha ha. And I notice that time and space expands when you’re in the moment. Seems that way to me anyway. So that’s the only way I know to get around the dreaded quickening effect that Graytail mentioned. Make your life fun! Kind of a win win there- not necessarily easy, of course... damnit.

Ok I think that’s most of my housekeeping. I just have to do the hash experiment report still :)

I concur with dry ice hash. Toss some chunks of dry ice in with some material into a bubble bag, and shake. At first only beautiful blonde comes out, then it slowly degrades to puke green. Obviously you choose where the cutoff point is. No water involved. It's as simple as a big ass pepper shaker.

WC, I've not researched breeding the slightest so forgive my ignorance on the matter, but isn't there a hormone that can be bought and used to trigger pollen sack production? It seems the current method is stress her till she grows dicks, but if there was a hormone.... Just a thought I had w/o knowing if such a thing exists.

lark clark,, world spinning,, sunday at 4,, did she say world music?? it's just music,,.....her words

oh, edit,, was gonna mention,, i popped a carnival seed yesterday,, see it cracked a touch now,, looking forward to this one

I concur with dry ice hash. Toss some chunks of dry ice in with some material into a bubble bag, and shake. At first only beautiful blonde comes out, then it slowly degrades to puke green. Obviously you choose where the cutoff point is. No water involved. It's as simple as a big ass pepper shaker.

WC, I've not researched breeding the slightest so forgive my ignorance on the matter, but isn't there a hormone that can be bought and used to trigger pollen sack production? It seems the current method is stress her till she grows dicks, but if there was a hormone.... Just a thought I had w/o knowing if such a thing exists.

I don’t think stress is the preferred method. One method is to leave the female in flowering for a very long time. Supposedly in very late flowering some plants/strains will produce a few nanners and you can get some gem seeds with the pollen form these.
There are three chemicals I know of that are used to ‘reverse’ females and cause them to hermie and produce pollen.
Gibberellic acid- (GA) which I think I read described as a hormone.
Colloidal silver (CS)
Silver thiosulphate (STS)
I’ve only tried CS with mixed results. From what I’ve heard STS seems to give the most reliable results and GA the least reliable.
I might order the ingredients to make STS next time I have some pocket money. For now I’ll just keep cloning that old PC. I do have the two new ones in veg but don’t like to toss the old one quite yet just in case I come to regret it.

I really don’t think I can get dry ice here. Too bad. Oh well- can’t have everything.

lark clark,, world spinning,, sunday at 4,, did she say world music?? it's just music,,.....her words

oh, edit,, was gonna mention,, i popped a carnival seed yesterday,, see it cracked a touch now,, looking forward to this one

Nice. It’s a vigorous and easy plant to grow. Not a high that knocks you on your ass, but an energizing buzz.
I don’t know what lark gets up to. I’ll have to give her a listen. It was someone else who told me about her show and maybe I heard wrong or just invented the world music idea.

How about CO2 cylinders? I see a few of the commercial extractors fire CO2 gas right into a rotating trammel drum for extraction. I've been wanting to try that as CO2 cylinders would be easier to fill than to go buy dry ice and that's all dry ice is anyway, plus I would think the gas would contact much more of the plant than chunks of dry ice. I've never done bubble hash and I do not regret that choice, lol.

Damn, that idiot's awesome! I'm now on the hunt for those fire extinguishers. The amount he produced with that 1 minute burst is about how much I used when I did this years ago when I collected a little over an ounce of blonde in my attic grow.

...Luv this new twist!:thumb:...happened to acquire a couple before I retired, and have access to more recently charged and inspected models...any town that has public buildings, have to have fire protection and someone to service them...will be following this and checking it out more when I return in the Spring...:high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Holy Cow!!!
Never thought of that.
A better question for the fire department staff... where can I get a fire extinguisher recharged?

Wtf dude! Seriously? This is a question I’ve been nursing for over two decades. I’ve plotted for the day I’m going to run into one of the guys I know who works for the fire dept. And I’m going to ask him this question and then he’s going to stare at me and burst out laughing and summon the rest of his crew over from where they’re leaning against walls posing and flexing their muscles - ‘get a load of this guys- this idiot doesn’t know where to recharge a fire extinguisher haw haw haw’.

hehehe...I remember many years ago when I first started driving Zamboni's...got caught up short and backed the Zam onto the ice with the hot water hose still going full bore in the fill pipe...it ended up on the ice and burnt a sizable hole right down to the concrete...OOPS!:eek::oops:...called the big boss in a panic...he came down, and helped me slush it in, then he went to the electrical room, grabbed a FE and blasted it...set it up pretty tight...still had to put a couple cones out, but next rental was good to go...glad it was only a practice...if it had been an important game...mighta' left the rink and kept on walking...ahhh...memories...:rofl:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

In my town, all public establishments must have a fire extinguisher on each floor, etc. The fire inspectors check each one and its charge, and insist that they be replaced or recharged. So you might just call any old place and ask 'em how/where they do theirs. :) :bongrip:

Not all can be recharged.. take to fire depot, they will likely fill it or arrange for a swap, cost to you...

Just a quick look on the web, the CO2 extinguishers aint cheap, so me thinks the used market won't be that much cheaper. I'm guessing it doesn't have to be extinguishers persay, probably any cylinder that is rated for CO2 will do, maybe even the supplemental CO2 systems growers already use?

...find a fire protection equipment company in your area...there should be one...every FE is to be inspected and certified annually ...and totally broken down and internally inspected every six years...these are the guys who can recharge them...we replaced our CO2 FE's every ten years...I nearly lost our sauna years back, so as a a few parting gifts upon retirement, I was gifted a bunch of various types...mostly ABC's but a couple CO2's as well...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

as we slaughtered everything in sight and dumped mountains of unwanted bycatch over the side in the night.
Cheers.

Soon, be fishing for sharks. They have a pretty long life span and get big. Prolly taste OK depending on food intake.

It's tough being at the top of the food chain.
Rats, I hate rats.

"This too shall pass" ........... :hmmmm:

Into doggy world. :Namaste: It will be: Where you can find me.

look us up
if your passing thru,
gonna be a 420 place.

I'll be at there with all my buddies.

Check us out.

Back
Top Bottom