I like the stuff too. I’ve been spraying one of those with colloidal silver as well, since I hear that the breeder has lost their male. Now it’s in the back burner while I try to figure out where to put it, and that sprayed P Chunk too I guess. Was too busy to plan ahead so I thought I’d just force my own hand.

Ha ha. Just accidentally posted something I don’t mean to when I was digging for some old info. Guess I’ll have to make a real post now....

I harvested the strawberry blue and that weird looking Chocolope. The Strawberry Blue was starting to show precursors to mold inside the main cola so that was a good call to chop it in spite of all its white pistils.

I’m not sure if I have another Chocolope seed around. I don’t think I do. I do like this strain but this particular plant is going weird on me

It’s sort of looks like crap in the picture but actually the SB is really nice stuff, has a beautiful Thai smell and a very nice happy high.

I set up the sprayed P Chunk under the LEDs in my spare room to isolate it. It’s so nice and bright in there now I feel like saving to get another set of those lights and making it a permanent spot for growing greens and stuff in the winter. And just to have a bright full-spectrum light around, helps with the winter depression....

And- just because we are allowed to now- it’s the time of year these guys start popping up in my yard. I don’t like them myself but usually pick a bunch for friends.

Same old brick wall. Same old head. Get it?
I continue to beat my head against the wall in my heroics efforts to forge a bright future in which I learn to grow dope better, for the purpose of entertainment, education, and more dope.
This is an ongoing perpetual grow journal and generally dumping ground. Welcome. *

~ HISTORY ~

I've been growing, technically, for about ten years, but the first five were pretty sporadic and silly, and barely even count.
Then I went through various other ill fated escapades for the next three, including a few indoor enterprises with some 'business minded' renegades and weirdos who claimed they knew wtf they were doing but didn't and we were powerless to avert the Doom which befell our grows as we ran in circles, like idiots, pissed off and freaking out, hauling plants and gear to whatever hiding places we could find, drenched in sweat and shaking with mind numbing terror and panic. Man, there was a lot of that shit in the old days. And then there was that one summer day the police aircraft came and started circling overhead and a bunch of other police on ATVs cut into the bush too fast for us to run and do anything except chat with the ones who came up the driveway. Sadly, we couldn't help them because it wasn't on our property and none of it belonged to us and we didn't know anything and hadn't seen anything. So what could we do? But we pledged to keep our eyes open. Goodbye officers. Goodbye, all our plants and all our grow stuff. Again.

But the last two+ years, since the internet arrived here and I joined 420, is the time in which things moved out of the Stone Age around here and I started learning to grow- still as kind of a old newbie. I feel like I knew almost nothing two years ago and was doing all sorts of ridiculous stuff that made no sense. Now I'm doing... uhhh...different stuff. Sort of.
People come on 420 and have access to all sorts of info and can grow an incredible plant in their first grow. That's not how it went for me when I started. Hahahahahhaha!! Not at all.

I've won a bunch of contests on 420 in the last year and got some fancy titles but remain ever humble and skeptical about my growing skills. If you hear me talking about how my plants are a shitty mess, or I seem to focus on the problems all the time, it's just how I think and communicate so don't let it worry you. I'm not complaining I just have a thing for the dark underbelly in life and it makes me laugh sometimes.

* I just want to say first that if someone wanders in here (in the 'bright future') and this journal is 100 pages long by then and you think you have to read through the whole journal to 'catch up', don't worry about doing that, unless you want to. That 'catching up' business can be a killer, and you'll totally like just die of boredom halfway through.
Just skip past this old written crap right to the present time. If you want.
Ask me questions and if you're confused you are in the right place and I am sure I will be able to help you
somehow.

image36514.jpg

Ace Malawi
do u have any chronic issues? pain? what's been your fav strain to grow? for pain? for sleep? resistance to b.s.? i no longer veg, at all so i can do whatever, without continuing to regret i didn't buy a gorilla, with optional extension... so they all look monster cropped, with sugar leaves, the size of ur hand, instead of pretty, fan leaves. i know what would usually account for dark n waxy, but i think it has to do, more with not bein used, in a veg mode... regardless, imma switch away from g.h., trio, to something new, just n case. I'm aero... end results r still fist sized secondaries.

Man she’s foxtailing hard, I’ve seen it happen for no apparent reason. Could be a recessive gene at work.
did u find bigger concentrate results than u expected? i have a foxtailing ww xtrm, in wk 15, of flower, whose pistals refuse to die and i need space, for seedling, everything- with some 24:1 cbd glue tide, about to lap it, into flush- so i can just finally, finish em, together! but i did read, somewhere, that foxtailing, tends to signal, higher than expected thc- so i just let her do her thang.

do u have any chronic issues? pain? what's been your fav strain to grow? for pain? for sleep? resistance to b.s.? i no longer veg, at all so i can do whatever, without continuing to regret i didn't buy a gorilla, with optional extension... so they all look monster cropped, with sugar leaves, the size of ur hand, instead of pretty, fan leaves. i know what would usually account for dark n waxy, but i think it has to do, more with not bein used, in a veg mode... regardless, imma switch away from g.h., trio, to something new, just n case. I'm aero... end results r still fist sized secondaries.

I don’t think I fed that Chocolope unusually high levels but I have been messing around with the nutrients a lot lately and I seem to like my grow to be constantly in a state of minor confusion so anything is possible.

Pain, yeah I do have a lot of issues with pain but I have managed to get things under control a lot better the last while. None of the solutions were really cannabis related though. Mainly it involved my dumb ass gaining a better understanding of opiates and opiate withdrawal and how it was causing a lot of the pain that I was trying to suppress. On top of that I’m now doing a ton of stretching and exercises which I think is where I’m going to get as close as there is to a solution to constant joint and muscle pain. Edit, I should mention that I do make cannabis salve which does work for pain but on a fairly minor scale

Favorite strains usually lean towards Thai based sativas. I don’t really have much tolerance for indicas generally and that kind of rules out the sleep and pain relief options that people usually recommend. I did start a thread on the subject here which has a lot of really great info on it posted by other members. I’ll dig that up in a second.

Edit -here. Pain

Not sure about resistance to BS. Best fix for that I just try to never leave home. Or at least ‘home’ in the broader sense of -places where there is little BS. Taking a break from answering questions in the FAQ section of this forum helps, use ignore button frequently, and if all else fails consult my personal advisor Mr Wu for his opinion. Which reminds me by the way he is back from his latest mission to consult the supreme leader about issues with the overbearing nature of the thanks button icon, and roughly translated, reports that “supreme leader loves family greatly” So basically, to put a positive spin on it - it’s coming from a good place and we should just embrace the heart-eyed thanks button and accept it. When it pops its hearteyes out in your face like that resist the urge to attack it. It just can’t help itself.

I don’t think I fed that Chocolope unusually high levels but I have been messing around with the nutrients a lot lately and my grow seems to be constantly in a state of confusion so anything is possible

Pain, yeah I do have a lot of issues with pain but I have managed to get things under control a lot better the last while. None of the solutions were really cannabis related though. Mainly it involved my dumb ass gaining a better understanding of opiates and opiate withdrawal and how it was causing a lot of the pain that I was trying to suppress. On top of that I’m now doing a ton of stretching and exercises which I think is where I’m going to get as close as there is to a solution to constant joint and muscle pain.

Favorite strains usually lean towards Thai based sativas. I don’t really have much tolerance for indicas generally and that kind of rules out the sleep and pain relief options that people are usually recommend. I did start a thread on the subject here which has a lot of really great info on it posted by other members. I’ll dig that up in a second.

Edit -here. Pain

Not sure about resistance to BS. Best fix for that I just try to never leave home, take a break from answering questions in the FAQ section of this forum, use ignore button frequently, and if all else fails consult my personal advisor Mr Wu for his opinion. Which remind me by the way he is back from his latest mission to consult the supreme leader about issues with the overbearing nature of the thanks button icon, and roughly translated, reports that “supreme leader loves family greatly” So basically, to put a positive spin on it - it’s coming from a good place and we should just embrace the heart-eyed thanks button and accept it.
it's like looking in a mirror. thanks to cannabis oil/more than it is, rso- I'm off opioids, for the first time, in a decade. i have hope, of reachin 50, once more and am trying to rehab, to see if it's 10yrs of atrophy, or permanent injury, but i had a myriad of radiating issues, the opioids (turns out) were causing, as u say. I'm still tweaking, to find a p.m. recipe, but amnesia (straight up, amnesia), was a rewarding joy to grow & clone, with a 2mo turnaround; 10 days, to clone, even through illness & neglect, from it... but phenom, for pain (& will keep u awake-) legit dosage #s, are @ 1.5mg, 3x a day, as an oil, in capsule.

They aren’t heavily blue staining but you will sometimes see a little blue down near the base of the stalk.
I'm off opioids, as of aug 31. only withdrawal symptoms, were cramps, from too much chlorophyll & the shytz, from not- for a decade.

Normally they are a golden brown color as in the previous photo. Any short stretch of dry weather will dry them out a little and turn them whitish as below, making them much easier to see.

The nipple on top is a good start.

If you grasp an edge of the cap and pry/break it upwards, the thin clear outer membrane remains intact somewhat and peels upwards.

The stalks as well as the rest of the mushroom are tough and flexible- they can break but they don’t snap crisply like most of the look-alikes do.

Brings back memories brother. Don't get them around here much anymore. I bet if you dried them out and ground them up for empty capsules would be great. Like rso. A buddy made some rso caps last winter. Knocked me out, I mean out. Best I've ever slept. I slept so hard I had a mild groggy hangover :rofl:

~GRAFTS~

This is something that I've been playing around with a bit while I was in between journals. I first tried it near the end of my Green Hole journal and it worked but I later destroyed the graft by ripping it apart accidentally. This is some sort of Neanderthal grafting technique which I first read of posted by Cannafan. I don't think it's a common way to do it and I also don't think it makes very much sense scientifically (botanically?) as it seems like it would go against some basic plant physiology. But the plants may not be aware of this issue because they seem happy still.

IMG_77548.JPG

IMG_77564.JPG

Both plants are living, the v-splice is bound up and left for over a week.

IMG_77585.JPG

The way the plant juices have to flow to get through.

IMG_77633.JPG

IMG_75238.JPG

IMG_75229.JPG

Panama - Mama Thai - Malawi

IMG_75245.JPG
very brave! how many tries, to get right?

invention! fermented thc! hey, it's already different, when being distilled, right?

I’m going to bottle my wine made from the Ethiopian bud sometime soon. Seems to me and almost everyone I’ve given it to, that the cannabis wine has a really amazing unique flavor. Though that was called into question recently when I gave a small bottle to someone who was apparently overcome with loathing and disgust when they tasted it :rofl: Maybe they got a bad bottle, maybe it was just wasted on them, or maybe it’s just not a flavour for everyone. I don’t know.

I haven’t tasted the Ethiopian wine yet but it smelled very good last I checked. I’m curious to see what effect it has since the bud was so insanely speedy when smoked.

The grafting... it took a couple tries to get the system down but now I’d consider my method pretty easy to do. I’ve been keen to graft something to something else for quite a while now, but basically I can’t think of much use for it. It’s really just for fun.

If I do something with it I think it will be to graft three or four interesting or very colorful strains together to make a decorative looking plant, which I could then enter into some contest for fun maybe.

I got home very late from work tonight and I was sitting here spacing out just now when I suddenly remembered an experiment I did about a month and a half ago. That Strawberry Blue plant I just harvested ... at six weeks into flowering I got tired of it being rootbound in such a small pot and decided to transplant it from a 5 gallon to a 10 gallon.

I took some photos of the roots at the time because I wanted to see how the they developed after. I constantly read people saying that it’s useless to transplant in flowering because the roots don’t grow much. However I routinely transplant whenever the hell I want, mainly to make my watering schedule make sense if my pot is too small.

Anyway I remembered this, and realized the pot was now in the compost pile so I ran out there to check. The root ball was wet and sort of disintegrating and I didn’t get very good pictures but basically- it looks just like any other root ball from any of my plants. . Enough to convince me that roots grow just fine in mid-flowering and the idea that they don’t -is just a myth.

I checked the planties tonight and their leaf issues don’t seem to have gotten worse since the last feeding four days ago - which was my half-ass pseudo Mega Crop replication mix. So that’s encouraging. They were worsening quite quickly before.

I have a bunch of selfed seeds from my variegated Chocolate Mint :rip: so a while back I tossed a bunch in a tub to sprout to see if I could get another variegated one. Looks like not....

Back
Top Bottom