much better pics without the flash,, indeed

i have watched a few knopfler vids semi lately,, of his newer music,, so good

i watched one concert he was playing with a fella with a bagpipe, but the bagpipe was electric, meaning he did not have to pump it,,

absolutely mesmerizing stuff

i also watched a recent vid and ole mark is suffering the affects of age like we all are,, so sad to watch such a magician start to lose his mojo

his hands were so sore, he had to pause to recoup several times,,

we are so fortunate to have listened to his music, and can forever,,

i was deciding whether to keep my particular p.c. cross going,, sure looks completely different to yours,, wow

mine is a p.c./g.t. cross, so no wonder it looks so much more sativaish than yours

P1170931 (2).JPG

but this plant is so perty, i am gonna grow it again,, planted the clones last night

Chopped a couple more PCs. Some of the buds were pretty good, lots of them too fluffy. These ones below are about how I like the PC buds to look- only stickier.

It seems like with this pheno it would be best if it could flower at least 13 weeks- but I can’t usually get it there alive. Mould was getting into it at 11 weeks.

This a a random sprig of Chocolate Mint that was left on the shelf from trimming last week and dried there.

That Choc Mint is a real looker! Our PCs are worlds apart, mine are totally done at 9 weeks.

Thanks. Looks are really the only reason I keep her around.
Yeah the 3 different PC phenos I've had all could have been completely different strains from each other. But we paid for Pineapple Chunk, so I guess that’s what we got- something they sell called Pineapple Chunk... :hmmmm:

me likey the trikeys friend,, sheesh :goodjob:

curious,, how many plants would you say you have in flower at most times?,, within ten is fine,, ha

i raised my light to about 24" and the plants seem to appreciate it a lot

did you say you have a carnival going? i do too,, perhaps i can see if anyone elses plants ever look the same as mine.

i so wonder about seed banks etc,, my plants never look like the pics,, ever

P1170937 (3).JPG

that's my studio flower room right now,, the carnival is back right

that purple is a dr cbd,, ready in a week perhaps,, a beauty,, indeed,, and the frostiest little blueberry bottom left

the back left is another dr cbd that just missed the cpl cool nights that turned the other one purple

and a new pineapple chunk cross bottom right

under the 630w cmh 24" overhead

only problem in this room is low humidity,, tuf to get over 35% mostly

this beauty is in my indoor tent,, a critical purple kush,, i cloned this one and am very glad i did,,

P1170934.JPG

my crap pics do not do justice to this fine near white specimen

P1170935 (2).JPG

my upgraded lighting seems to be showing results,, all my plants are best ever right now,, upped dose of mega crop and other conditions getting closer to dialed in,,:)

cheers for now weaseley,, stay safe,, bugs everywhereo_O

Wait @bobrown14 you never answered my sift/hash questions :)

, how many plants would you say you have in flower at most times?,

Looks like about the same as you more or less. Usually about eight or less but sometimes I can squeeze a couple more in esp because I have the two LED panels hanging in there now too.
It would be fun to grow a lot of smaller plants like Potchimp. It’s just more fiddly sometimes with the watering and feeding schedule.
Just yesterday I shut down the LEDs because I’ve only got five plants left in there now. If I harvest one more I could shut down one of the HPS as well.
I probably won’t though. I do have more plants in veg I should stick in to flower.
I’ve just been too lazy to get around to transplanting them into bigger pots and moving them in there, before which I’d want to take some cuttings, which means cleaning out the aerocloner, but if I’m going to take that thing apart and wash it I might as well also wash those dishes that are next to it, and clean up the house, and that means doing a few loads of laundry too...and I should clean out the truck...

There’s a carnival thread somewhere. Yours looks typical to me from what I can see in the photo. That strain seems particularly stable and well bred.
I do have one in late flower I have to harvest soon. Maybe today. It’s not really a typical looking one though because I fed it a huge dose of crushed oyster shell as an experiment and it grew a bit differently.

Harvested that Carnival. In mid veg I gave it quite a lot of powdered oyster shell that I toasted on the fire then crushed up. I actually put what I figured was ‘way too much’ in- just to see what would happen.

I’d have to do it again in a side by side thing to really see the difference- but it definitely was different. The Carnival and mega crop don’t seem to play that well together but the oyster shell seemed to fix the problems I’ve been seeing.

Instead it brought new problems- smaller more compact buds and yellower leaves. But
,though scruffy, overall the plant was better with the oyster shell IMO

I sure am gunnin for my carnival to look like that

Nice to see a full plant indoors.. I see why you need ceiling space. Your plants are tall

I think i will veg my plants a bit more and grow a cpl fewer

A good idea if i can pull it off. Ha

Have a good week weaseley

That plant maybe started out tall but I squashed it down a bunch whereupon it did a sort of weeping willow thing, as a lot of my plants seem to do for some reason.
Forgot to mention I made up a small batch of ‘pain cream’ last night, using jojoba oil. I haven’t really tried it yet. I wish I had enough to fill a bathtub....

Its so cool how smooth the top gets. Mine did. But maybe cuz i put beezwax in mine

Did you?

The wax is awful. Does not absorb into the skin but does absorb into everything else. A real mess

Ok. Fair warning. The wax stays on the skin forever and gets on anything it touches. Hours later. Bedding. Clothes. Etc. It does not come out with anything. Period

I switched to just plain infused oil. Grapeseed my oil of choice

Honestly. My experience with beeswax. Had me seriously wondering how the adding wax ever got popular

I’ve made salves quite a few times before and always used a little wax to thicken it. I never considered the beeswax as being a problem since it doesn’t feel very greasy to me when I rub it around in my hand. I figured it was the oil that was making things feel oily?

Edit- oh I see ‘sticks to everything’. Hmmm. I’ll try a batch without the wax sometime to compare.

I used up some more of my trimmings and made a little hash. This is the method I’ve been using.

Put the dried trim/bud in the freezer overnight. Once it’s frozen I crumble it up more. Sometimes I toss the bubble bags in the freezer too for what it’s worth. Freezing everything makes it dryer and the frozen trichomes don’t smear or stick to stuff- if I crumble the material up they will stay intact.
I think... Actually that’s just my theory.
:lot-o-toke:

I do know that once things warm up everything starts to get sticky - which makes it messier.

In this case I put the the trim into a 120 micron bubble bag and shook it into a large bucket for a few minutes until not much dust was emerging. I collected the kief into a jar then repeated through a 190m bag. I find that clean paint brushes of various sizes work great to collect and move kief around.

Sorry I didn’t take any pics of the first steps because I wasn’t planning to type all this out- you’ll have to use your imagination.

The 120m kief at bottom and 190m at top. The 190m is coarser and a tiny bit greener.

The 120m clumps together a little if I warm it up, but it’s still not doing what I want it to. Which is- turn into hash. :).

Then I mix the 190m kief with a bit of 99% isopropyl alcohol (I’d rather use strong ethanol but can’t get it here) swirl for a minute or two, strain into a bowl, then repeat for a second wash.

I put the bowl of iso/weed solution in a warm place in front of a fan. It takes less than an hour to render it down to thick syrup and then I heat it briefly in a double boiler or on the wood stove to remove any last traces of iso. You can tell by the smell when the iso is gone.

I warm the extract and the 120m kief and then mix them together.

The result is very gooey and sticky, almost juicy. The smell is eye-watering strong. I’ll stick it away somewhere to cure (?).

cheers for the foto friend,, too bad the prizes for potm are not that interesting,, stickers tho,, one can always use stickers,,ha

congrats again weaseley,,

what a heavenly haul o hash there weaseley,, enjoy it friend,, the smells are so there,,

i have three small jars with three different hash balls,,

insert hash jars pic here,, ha

that pic you posted, of your 2015 blueberry,, ha,, still around,, and you enjoyed it still,, great stuff,,

made me think of this pic, just found it,,

P1170276.JPG

the oldest blueberry i have is 2017,, only three years,, but i am gonna vape er up,, today,,

cheers friend

quick little tidbit,,

never seen this before,,

a clone,, took,, like every single one of the last 30 or so clones i have tried,, braggin there,,i'll pay,,

P1170947.JPG

and this little buddy growin out the side,, like mutt and jeff

i thot it might be a rogue otherly seed infiltrating my security,, but it is attached so is the same plant

i am sure it is not unique,, but still groovy

cheers friend

Back
Top Bottom