Cloning is something i really miss when it's not working. Plants in the veg room getting bigger and bigger, flower room getting emptier and emptier. I abandoned a bunch of strains cause I couldn't get clones. Malawi, Golden tiger, Mama Thai, Critical Cheese, Peyote Purple. Yeah I've got seeds- but I'm just going to want to clone them too before flowering. Seems like when I don't- I flower out ones I wish I had.

Notes- the Clone King thing arrived yesterday and I set it up- feb 15.
IMG_617811.JPG

In function it's the exact aeroponic thing I made a few years back which failed to get me any clones. But this is way slicker looking. I put it in a different room cause of the zoospores...

Goodbye year of the cock :thumb:
Here's hoping the Dog will treat us well.
IMG_617713.JPG

Worlds oldest seedling is putting out something that like a bit like leaves.

3,2,1..... Happy New Year!

0013100.JPG

WC: We're all watching the Olympics. That's why we aren't posting that much.

I smoked a blunt the size of a flashlight the other night and was trying to watch it I kept laughing at the funny $hit I thought up to make it more exciting if the downhill skiers had a dinner plate size shield and instead of flags they had to ski around there were people there throwing cream pies at their face :) Make it where if they wipe out they fly into five foot high piles of steaming yak dung SPLAT! The folks doing snowboard flips should have to shoot paintball guns and hit targets at the same time either that or the crowd should get to throw snowballs at 'em! :tokin:

Well Chimp I'm missing out I guess -I'll just have to imagine that stuff with the everyday people I do see on my daily runarounds.. Like ol Evelyn the grocery clerk who I call Evil Eye'n -she always looked so stiff before ...But wow look at her doing that flip through the air to dodge that pile of yak dung...

I'm going to post the pics of the Golden Tiggers I grew during my absence. I posted some of these on a couple other threads but not here.
These are actually three GTs from seed in the photos, which all looked and smelled similar to each other. They were almost identical to Malawi in looks and smell- quite different from the first GT I grew which was more Thai leaning. I seeded some with the male Honduras I had.
I don't like the smoke as much as that other GT I raved about so much. The high is more like Malawi but maybe missing a little of the happy acid glow that Malawi usually has.
Don't get me wrong- I do like it and have been smoking it almost daily. It's just got a speedy and uneasy edge to it that the first G Tigger didn't have.
Can't see a preview of the pics but I can see it says GT under some of them so I'm just dumping them all in blind.

Lovely flowers, great job.

So glad your still kickin Weasecracker. Its been a while for sure. A happy belated new year to ya.

If you get a sec ya gotta check out the two PineappleChunk X Mama Thai and the MamaThai X ThaiStick that Rider is just finishing up if you haven't already. They came from a pretty exclusive seed bank and made for a pretty amazing grow.
Rider509, PCMT and MTTS

Hi Weaselcracker, just popping over to checkout your stuff. Nice GT buds! I'm currently growing a couple of GT x Northern Lights that a friend made - hope I get some buds as nice looking as that! I'll have to cruise back through your grows a bit. How long did you flower it for?

Wanted to pop in and say that if the photo of the month was a voting contest yours (that's now your avatar) would totally get my vote! Beautiful pic!

:Namaste:

Oh thanks for visiting, and for the compliments. A nice little ego boost to come home to ;) Straight to the crack cocaine/slash 420 forum praise receptors deep in the neglected pleasure centre of my brain. I can hear it down there grinding away among the cobwebs.

Zzzt.

Initiating reward circuit... Click!

'Must start growing nicer plants!' ...zzzt... 'to be able to post on 420' ....sssst.... 'and receive pleasurable compliments!!'.
Zzzt.

'Send the orders down now!'

'Tell the body to go do that stuff!'

'And I don't want to hear any shit this time about how it's 'tired' !!!'

Damn but I am tired.... must sleep.

Thanks Penny and Miller.

I wanted to write some stuff about Malawi - but I'm too tired.

Scrogdawg- I did visit that plant as you know. Very impressed. Happy new year to you too.
:passitleft:

Thanks Amy. I love that pic too. That Critical Cheese plant had some sort of genetic near-perfection.

It slips my mind how long I flowered that GT but I will dig it up tomorrow or the next day.

I've also been meaning to do more investigating of that first single-cola Golden Tiger pheno I grew. I did email Ace about it at one point asking if that pheno is still to be found in their current version of GT - but for once they didn't get back to me. Will have to hit them up again.

Do any of you have experience with a form of mould or decay that is dry and kills the buds off -turning them pale yellow/white?
I've had my struggles with it over the years but it's usually a minor issue.
It doesn't seem at all like gray mould/budrot. Never wet. Much the opposite -it dries out the bud as it kills it. I never have noticed spores coming off it.
I don't have any pics but I see it's trying to get at my P Chunk- which is one of those blue moon ones that is turning purple. I really only had the one before - there's a pic of it on the end of post#2 and it's still the most beautifully coloured plant I've ever grown. Too bad -this one was heading that direction but I'll have to pre-empt the mystery issue and chop her.
Otherwise ready to harvest anyway -so I'll do that asap.

Heya weaseley,, and friends,, just a Heya and an oogle at that plant, sheesh, what fine colours in that,,

IInteresting to hear you chat of your grow woes and tribulations,,trials too

NNot just me then I,guess,, always something, indeed

I finally got a lemon skunk female so it is in the flower room now,, so,, Yay

SSo far, lately, I have had,,

CCloning issues,,

LLighting issues

HHeat issues,

KKitty issues

BBut still, growing the biggest and best plants to date,, cheers friend,,

OOh, and avatar issues,,

, and double letters at the beginning of sentences issue

oh, i forgot,,

soil issues,,

seedling issues

spider mite issues

and i am running out of big jars to hold my accumulating stash issues

and a place to put said jars issues

That's very interesting Nivek. I have some of those problems too -especially the big jar problem and the stash room space problem. Woe is us!
Yet my teenage self with crystal ball would be thunderstruck at how cool I have now become.

I almost ordered some gallon jars on the Internet but I decided I was too broke. It's either that or eat a Lot of pickles.

Tead you may or may not laugh. Somehow I'm embarrassed to say... the P Chunk strain- which I've been trying to phase out of my life for at least a year, or two? and replace with something else I can use to fill the killer indica niche....

Well someone said they'd do me a trade a years worth of firewood for a bunch of herb and P Chunk is their favourite. Seemed like a good trade. They would have taken Chocolate Mint but I couldn't clone the damn thing and it all died out except for the worlds oldest seedling which I wasn't sure would make it. That's when I ordered more CM seeds. All I had going for babies at that time was PC clones.
So now I have- uhhh four large P Chunks in flowering and a big one in veg.

I hate it! They're causing nothing but trouble. I don't have nearly enough time to machete out that disgusting sticky tangle, and they stink up the whole property. And now I'm fighting mystery dry rot in the ripest one. Going to harvest it tomorrow which I'm dreading. Unless the dry rot gets it first.

I'm raising some Chocolate Mint younglings, some Y Griega, some GG#4, and I have OG Kush seeds ordered and on the way. It's do or die. Somehow I have to find a replacement and get her out of my life.... this is ridiculous.

I just got back from tending them and my arms are slathered with it.
I'm going to check the store for one of those white painter's moon suits. . It's going on the list right now.

Yet my teenage self with crystal ball would be thunderstruck at how cool I have now become.

that is just plain funny friend,, reps to ya,,

oh,, right,,,

what an ordeal to quote cha

Yeah I hope they bring our reps back. Not sure why I care- except I know all those rep points reflect the billions of hours I once spent surfing here and painstakingly writing 'helpful answers' in the FAQ section and trying to help newbies, etc. I'll never do that many hours again and won't get that time back. So the reps have sentimental value. Means more than just a 'well known member'. Sounds kind of slutty... I was getting up to a lot of rep points. I forget how many. Much less than many of our esteemed members I know- but still more than most I think. Fun to zap people with those rep points.

As of yesterday all my post window options - all those little mysterious icons directly above where I'm typing- died.
Or if not died - turned a light gray colour*
(When something turns gray I often consider it to be a sign that's it's died.) Except maybe when it comes to my hair which isn't dying - only attempting to turn blonder as I get younger.
So I can't dig around there and see for you if any of them represent a 'quote' button to help you with that. But probably there is one.

*(Except for one that looks like a cog, or possibly a pizza cutter or ninja throwing star- but doesn't do any of those functions. Actually it doesn't do anything at all except it retained its colour and is not gray. Possibly not died but dyed )

Lol. I thought you were talking about your hair. Just realized now you meant the icons.
Mine have almost all turned black again now.
I also just noticed the tag words next to my journal name which were kind of random and I deleted -but could replace with - whatever.
Edit- did that and stuck in a few current strain names.

Harvested that Pineapple Chunk- in the nick of time. Could have been better but could have been much worse so I'm happy with it.
I'll try to update this tomorrow. Was only able to upload one photo. When it finally worked took around ten minutes, after over a dozen time consuming failed attempts. Giving up for the night. Service is especially bad right now and it looks like I might have to climb up the accursed tall tree again and mess with my booster antenna. Blizzarding out right now though and it's cozy and warm in the cabin. Mañana.
Ok -the pic. Rock and Roll!!

Damn.

I can't even attach that one precious photo because all my icons have turned gray again and don't work...

Edit- I figured it out - sort of. If I press that one in the shape of a pizza cutter - it turns all the others gray and disables them. Other than that I'm not sure what it actually does.
Pressing it again turns them back to black.
So here we go mates.

In my best British accent.

'Rock and Roll'!!!

Back
Top Bottom