Hey weasley.. You takin the lumba lumba?

Made it to Vancouver Island yesterday and this morning I got almost to the top end of it where I catch the boat. Then my eye started filling with blood and I urned around. :( Almost back to Vancouver now....

At least you weren't on the boat... Sux bro... Did they say it could happen? They gave you all clear to go home? Might be a little longer in big smoke. There's time in future (at home) to get it all sorted. Worry or rather deal with what's in front of you now and leave the rest (outta your thoughts) for when you have the time..

Thanks Grizz. Good advice. I admit I am feeling a little low at this point- fighting my way all the way back to the city that I just fought my way out of, to go through this again.
Yes there was a chance of the retina detaching again. I think the cough I picked up in the hospital is probably what did it. I’ve been hacking violently, especially last night, and woke up with my vision changed this morn.
Always a slight chance it’s not what I think it is, but that’s probably more wishful thinking than reality.
A little setback. May still get off lightly. Or not. Will work through it regardless.

:passitleft:

Part of me wanted to just say fuck it, and go home, but I talked myself out of it, with effort.

Actually it’s not that far for me to make it to a hospital at home. But they don’t have a full time eye doctor. I just got lucky the first time because there was one passing through. And they definitely don’t have eye surgeons. And now that I can’t fly because of this bubble, the trip is even more epic. If it wasn’t for the no-fly rule I probably would have been dumb enough to hop on the boat.

Yin, Yang, and Ho Lee Fuk.

I also had the great honour to meet No Li Kyu and his extended family during my time down south. Apparently some Chinese cultures feel it’s bad luck to be around anyone disabled. I found this out the hard way as they scrambled to get away from me and my contagious eyepatch everywhere I went. I have a friend in a wheelchair living there and she explained to me that I wasn’t dreaming.
Thanks Tead! That would be fun! Especially in better times. I got into the good ol’ clinic last night, after begging the doc on call to see me sooner rather than later. Good news. The retina is not torn the loss of vision is mainly due to a rapidly forming cataract. Cataracts are caused when the lens is exposed to oxygen. The jelly they sucked out is what protects the lens, and of course removing it left the lens wide open. So we knew this would happen. I did not realize how quickly. He said I could conceivably be blind in that eye within weeks, though not necessarily that soon. Anyway that’s totally treatable by..., more surgery.
And there are some residual blood chunks and stuff in there floating around which are also part of the problem I was seeing yesterday.
I don’t regret the decision to turn around one bit. Now I am going north through the inland though.
My ride which formerly was going to take me north on the boat kindly waited a couple hours for me to go through the clinic and then we started driving last night, slept enroute, and drove all day today. Just stopping for the night and I will travel for another almost 2 days and then I will be home Tuesday if all works out.
This is the extremely simplified version of events. Because really I’ve just got to move on to talking about plants!!!!

Plants plants plants.

I bought a little Chocolope bud and some Strawberry Cough from a dispensary to see if they may be worth growing. Also various friends gave me various buds. A few bags of different outdoor stuff grown on some of the local gulf islands, some Lemon Haze, some called ‘Gahh!’ (?!!!), and some that’s just marked RX.

You meet MiNo Lyku :rofl:

Good stuff mate.. did they give a time frame for the next lot of surgery? Got the worry outta your head, great decision to turn around, you didnt need that nagging at you...

We ever going to see any plants in here? :rofl::rofl: im joking bro :passitleft:

And also Wee No Li Kyu, and Dem No Li Kyu.
Well your journal used to have plants in it at least once a month, so why not mine?
I have to wait a minimum of three months to recover from the last surgery before having more. I may or may not go blind in that eye during that time but wtf I do not care. No worry whatsoever.
Just happy to be heading home! Man I’m so run down. Coughing so hard my brain may short out, tired, aching, drowning in snot, blind.... :rofl::rofl: it’s damn near biblical.

It's good to hear that you'll be back on safe ground. :Namaste:

So that's kinda cool - you get a fully rebuilt eyeball if it all works out - not so bad ...

'Course you'll never get this part of your life back, sigh, etc. But you get a totally righteous story in exchange. :hmmmm: Dunno ... interesting philosophical fodder there somewhere.

Thanks. Yeah that’s it. it’s just life. Life is like a ultra complex house of cards we can sometimes get so good at balancing on top of that we forget reality for a minute. Till a gust of wind comes along. No regrets. To some extent I’m just enjoying fighting the fight.

Heya friend

We never know what's gonna come out when we get sueezed

Years of cannabis intake has given you an edge perhaps

Safe travels weaseley. You know where i live

How's things?

Thanks for thinking of me guys. :) I dragged the befuddled remains of my remains through my front door yesterday eve. Hurrah!! Still sick as a dog with this bloody flu that just won’t quit. Still blind as half a bat and stupid as a dozen chickens. It’s good to be home.
Plants are all good, with the exception of the double wide P Chunk which ‘maybe got a bit dried out or something, sorry!’. Probably a blessing because the only other problem is that the place is a bloody jungle and now I’m in overflow control mode. I will need the room the PC is taking up, Incredible how fast they grow when I’m not around.

Thanks dear❤️

My cell service refused to let me upload more than two pics.

:bravo::yahoo::theband::adore:

Whew!

If it's any consolation, there is indeed a variety of flu/virus/whatever that you get over like any other, except for a residual month long, hacking cough. I had it last year.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom