Weasel, can you give us a blurb on the cob? Are you chewing it or smoking it? Hows the effects compared to the effects from "traditional" drying and curing?

A little CS on one or two of the mutated branches would have been cool you see if you could reproduce it with seeds.

:passitleft:

Yeah I wonder how well it would pass on those genetics if I self seeded it. :hmmmm: Maybe I’ll try that with clones of it sometime down the road- if that variegation sticks around and doesn’t get taken over by the green portion of the plant.

I’ve been eating and smoking the cob pretty much every day that I’ve had the luxury of being at home.
I didn’t have any on that trip last month because I was forced to bury my jar of it enroute to Vancouver. But I have been indulging a lot before and since.

I’m smoking the GT the most, followed closely by the Honduras and then the Mama Thai. I haven’t tried any of the P Chunk because it’s not my thing so much. I ate GT cob twice and both times I didn’t really enjoy it much- quite strong and a little too confusing for me. But I’ve been enjoying the GT to smoke.
The Honduras cob was a very nice high when I ate it. The MT less so. They seem to have gotten stronger while I was away.

Honestly I don’t feel like I have a great answer for you yet. I could blather a bunch about it but really - testing is in the early stage. I also really have to go back to the regular uncobbed versions of those strains and compare them.

It probably says something though that the cob is pretty well all I’ve smoked since I made them.

With the exception of this Chocolope that I picked up at a dispensary on my enchanting vacation. I’ve really been enjoying it. Actually I spilled the whole container of it in the hot tub tonight. But was just bobbing around merrily and I scooped it out with a strainer and put it in the cabin to dry. Bud washing.
It was sort of fun having buds floating all over in the bath. Made me feel classy. I quite recommend it.

I rearranged my rainwater collection system a little and reworked the platform on the right side to lower it to its max lowness, as low as I can go - to prepare for the sativas. Also that OGK is getting quite large. I have about two feet of working headroom now for the sativas. Not much.

This is the other GT cross. The taller one. Leaves are a little skinnier.

The site is playing tricks tonight. Everything I wrote shows up when I go to edit it- but some of the content is not visible after I save.

Anyway, I harvested the double wide PC scrog. It turned out much better than I thought it was going to as it was pretty sickly looking in flowering.

I notice that harvesting with one eye doesn't seem to be too challenging.
I started doing my harvesting after washing the plant. Much less sticky mess when wet.

How/where do you dry your bud, Tead? I washed my bud a couple times and liked the results, but I don’t have a good place to hang it out of the lights to get the water off. And mostly in the past years I was too busy and lazy to be around for that extra step. I’d be home on the weekends, often trimming and slaving till 3 or 4 am then up at 7 to drive to work in another town.
I’m still busy and lazy but I am home more at the moment.

Thankfully I do have at least one and a half eyes, or it would have been a real pain to trim that thing last night. It was a bit of a novelty to trim a plant for the first time since this happened. Blurry. I kept wanting to reach for some glasses or magnifying glass that would help me focus.
Another challenge coming up this month will be to figure out if I can still hunt. Freezer’s getting empty and I’ll have to scare up a deer or two soon. If I have to learn to shoot left handed- first I have to learn to squint my right eye closed instead of my left. Not as easy as it sounds but something to sit around and practise now that I don’t have my pet bubble to play with.

Ok, ill let you know what I thought...
Errr f#$k the crap off, f#@$ing cobs gone moldy and black, yuk, looks freaking horrid....
Then I took a second look before posting, realise it's your fingers in a glove :rofl::rofl: I could have and maybe should have left that to myself but aghhhh :rofl::passitleft:

How/where do you dry your bud, Tead?

Because I live in the swamp, I'm forced to dry in front of a dehumidifier set to 65%. Not much help for normal humans with those words... but hey... you asked.

It was a bit of a novelty to trim a plant for the first time since this happened.

HA! Fun. I'm picturing many frustrating moments trying to get the tip of the clippers in the right place. Fun for me to chuckle at... probably just frustrating on your end.

Another challenge coming up this month will be to figure out if I can still hunt.

Is it ur aimin eye? Do you use a scope that has a focus adjustment or are you an iron sights kinda guy? If you can focus the scope, it might be a non-issue... just do a little pre-hunt work... time to line up the sights this year anyway ehh?

Ok, ill let you know what I thought...
Errr f#$k the crap off, f#@$ing cobs gone moldy and black, yuk, looks freaking horrid....
Then I took a second look before posting, realise it's your fingers in a glove :rofl::rofl: I could have and maybe should have left that to myself but aghhhh :rofl::passitleft:

Me too! I totally thought those were cobs laying in there when I first looked.
Great mind go awry alike!

What does or-eee mean? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

There's a hip hop track I like by geto boys.. in it Bushwick bill raps
Do your time and don't whine is the motherf#$@in' anthem
That's the type of shit most "people" can't Phantom...

It makes me laugh and cringe at same time.. Now I'm Aussie, maybe some slang I don't know, but in my head someone else wrote those lyrics.. fathom does look like Phantom?

Internet crapped out for a while. I don’t know if the problem was on my end, or trouble elsewhere because it’s been stormy.

I stared at that picture in the wee hours that night trying to visualize moldy cobs then decided grizzwald must be even more stoned than me so I smoked some more and fell asleep thinking of black moldy cobs- I never did really see them in the picture though. Geez- you guys must be really stoned.

Yeah it’s my aiming eye. I do use a scope -but unfortunately it’s not a simple matter of just focussing. The vision in that eye is cloudy at any distance, has a permanent ‘bashed in the eye’ unfocussed pie-eyed feel to it.

Anyway/however I decided yesterday the eye is still good enough to hunt with. It might be a blurrier deer in blurrier crosshairs than usual but that’s not a problem as long as I can still see the shape of both. Worst case for now I sneak a little closer. Summer is easy hunting anyway and I can stick to hunting by kayak which is my main method anyway. Went on a walk in the bush today and I was good and stoned, but besides that even it was fuzzy looking enough out there that I don’t picture myself sneaking up on any deer that way any time soon.

I was told yesterday, by my mom, that actually it’s better to keep both eyes open when aiming a scope or a camera. Faster and better focus apparently. Or something. I’d never heard that before- but then I don’t get out much. Seems like it might be possible with practice.

That would be easier than learning to squint my right eye while shooting left handed.

My plants are looking so nice these days. I’m not even sure why but I seem to have hit one of those sweet spot/eye of the hurricane moments where everything is happy. Many thanks to my dear for keeping them alive.
I’m delighted to have some new strains growing and new sativas.

Sending karma friend,, helps with recovering stuff,, injuries, furniture, etc
all the best weaseley,, cheers

I've tried to shoot with both eyes open. Didn't have much success with it, but I didn't give it much practice either. Hopefully your eyes are getting better or at least you're getting used too and more comfortable with the situation. The zone I live in here is black powder and shotgun only for deer. Little further north is rifle zone. I hunt both area's depending on the year and if I can get time off work to go north. I'm able to walk to the woods near my house and hunt. Mostly with a muzzleloader. Anyway hopefully things are going well for you

Sending karma friend,, helps with recovering stuff,, injuries, furniture, etc
all the best weaseley,, cheers

Thanks Nivek. Always nice to hear from you. Things are good. Just working, smoking ,tending my gardens and juggling the thousands of things we all juggle. I’ve been playing a lot of guitar lately. It’s just so nice to be home for a while. Things are a little fuzzy, with the eye, and with all the dope. In a good way though. Anyway I like fuzzy things.
I’ve been wrestling with my cell booster again and will continue to try to wrangle it into submission with large amounts of solder until one of us dies or I run out solder. I’m pretty sure it’s going to die first, and probably soon. I managed to upload some pics in town today though.

I've tried to shoot with both eyes open. Didn't have much success with it, but I didn't give it much practice either. Hopefully your eyes are getting better or at least you're getting used too and more comfortable with the situation. The zone I live in here is black powder and shotgun only for deer. Little further north is rifle zone. I hunt both area's depending on the year and if I can get time off work to go north. I'm able to walk to the woods near my house and hunt. Mostly with a muzzleloader. Anyway hopefully things are going well for you

Thanks MiO. I tried that thing with both eyes a couple days ago and couldn’t make any sense of it whatsoever. :). But found out the regular way still works just fine for now. The scope might not help focus but it does help reduce glare and that blinded feeling I get in my right eye when it’s bright out. So I just spoke too soon thankfully.
Rules are a little more lax here probably, as everyone here holds the right of food gathering at the top of the list of sacred rights, and thankfully no seems to one ever come around to try and persuade locals differently. Or at least not so loudly that anyone can hear them (or see their lips moving). There are laws. 14 deer per person per year was the limit last I checked. Coastal deer aren’t very big but they’re very tasty. Common sense and respect for the land are the laws that matter in the end. True for every place I suppose. But mainly I guess, this place is just thinly populated with people and stores, and thickly populated with deer. Deer are easier to get along with than people anyway, and you can also eat them. So it’s a good situation.

A few pics of the planties. The girls are still mostly happy. Strange... but I’ll enjoy it while it lasts. Left side is a couple Chocolate Mint OGs (closest), a couple Y Griega, and the Carnival in back corner.

A young Chocolate Mint in the HPS sunrise.

On the right side is an older CMOG, the Ethiopian, two different G Tiggers, and OG Kush somewhere in the back corner. (Edit - whoops I see that same young CMOG is in the photo again there too. I was just shuffling it around for watering. It doesn’t live on that side... )

The structure of the Ethiopian is very airy, spread out and wispy. I’m supercropping it mercilessly.

Dayum, them's purdy! :bravo:

You have to be mighty brave to run that Ethiopian, but I envy you the Y Griegas - I loved the one I had.

I have some Chocolate Mint beans myself - it'll be interesting to see what you think.

My plants are looking so nice these days.

I was going to say just tha same myself! Your gardens look wonderful! :yummy:

That carnival is healthy looking... is that just left to grow natural? Like no topping etc?
Yeah - so many nice plants :rollit:

Deer are easier to get along with than people anyway, and you can also eat them. So it’s a good situation.
:rofl: And I’m a vegetarian, and still...:rofl:

Taste gamey? Does over here.. not as bad a duck.. thought I was eating rats.. id try rats before having wood ducks again...

Back
Top Bottom