got into the habit of doing a site-search on the forum via a web-search engine.

That’s how I used to do it too. It was really the only option cause the one on the site sucked so much. But it’s much better now and I can narrow my search to specific threads, members, etc.

I miss the original Alta Vista (RiP). In addition to the usual Boolean operations, it offered things like "NEAR" and... well, that's all I can think of at the moment. But I always seemed to find lots of what I needed, without having to dig through what I didn't need. None of that "Here are 1,392,641 results - three of which will be relevant to your search" shotgun crap.

But I still miss Gopher (protocol) servers (and Archie, Veronica, Jughead...). They've practically all disappeared. "You kids and yer fancy doubayew doubayew dot com!" <SHAKES CANE>

Here’s to dear departed friends :passitleft:

My grow kind of hovers in the doldrums while I scratch my ass and figure out what to do next with it. I threw out a few more plants that were in veg, including the original Chocolate Mint (CM1). Gave up on the latest round of cuttings that were in the aero-cloner. I removed them, sterilized the cloner and cut a new batch last Saturday. The new batch looks happier.
My theory about what happened with the last batch is I think the rainwater I used for them came from a bucket that had a bit of dish soap residue in it, from washing something or other. They turned kind of darkish green - not a good sign in cuttings when you want to root, in my experience.

As soon as I get some cuttings I’ll get the Chocolope into flowering.
A few up and coming babies in veg- the OGK/Thai, a Tutankhamen I sprouted a week ago, two GTs. I’ll have to go stare at my available space and try to visualize the future.
I’m looking forward to a new veg bulb. I shudder to think how long it’s been. The thing is- usually my veg room grows too fast anyway. So it hasn’t bothered me at all, till recently when I find I’m hanging around waiting for plants to grow up.

I think I’ll try GT’s sativa-taming methods on the two GTs. One gallon pot for veg and then repot to a three gallon at the flip, if I remember right. Though it occurs to me I may have to be around to water those suckers often. Hopefully not.
A few of the plants look pretty toasted from recent ph abuse. Hopefully they’ll pull through ok.
I threw the alleged/possible Christmas Bud plant into flowering.
A Chocolate Mint in early flowering. This one is a cutting from the variegated one. It reverted to being non-variegated. Excuse the lighting I was too stoned to tweak the knobs in my phone properly.

Way down at the btttom you can still see it a bit.

I’m looking forward to a new veg bulb. I shudder to think how long it’s been. The thing is- usually my veg room grows too fast anyway. So it hasn’t bothered me at all, till recently when I find I’m hanging around waiting for plants to grow up.

Way to push that lazy bar baby!
I say that, but procuring such objects in your world is very different from mine. Get 2.

I say that, but procuring such objects in your world is very different from mine. Get 2.

Lol. I think I'd rather have a lower-wattage light (or one running at a lower wattage) producing its full potential output than a higher-wattage one that's only at (for example) 70% output - but is still sucking down 100% of its rated power from the mains. I hate the idea of paying full price for things I only get partial use from.

Never get sick of seeing that variegated plant, hope you don't mind if I tag along

Please do. Hope you don’t mind ups and downs, long pauses, etc. But no sweat- come and go as you please. (That’s what I do). Nice to see you around again, AP! Usually I dislike alien pus in any form and try it keep it away from my person, but you will be the one exception.

Thank you. I figured I was making lazy work to my advantage- too lazy to change the bulb, therefore slowing down the growth of the veg plants I am too lazy to deal with. Double win.

Wasn’t feeling rich enough so just ordered one. :) It arrived today. Not at home now but will install it in a couple days when I get back. If I could just stop at the store and grab a bulb whenever... I’d change them more often. Somehow the act of stashing away the money for it, looking online, punching in numbers, paying shipping, waiting for weeks... that slows me down a lot. That ph probe cost me almost $120. Could have bought a fair chunk of Doc Bud’s concoctions for that much...

Lol. I think I'd rather have a lower-wattage light (or one running at a lower wattage) producing its full potential output than a higher-wattage one that's only at (for example) 70% output - but is still sucking down 100% of its rated power from the mains. I hate the idea of paying full price for things I only get partial use from.

Yeah that part does annoy me. It’s been niggling at me for quite a while that I’m buying 600 watts but not getting my money’s worth. Probably could have bought quite a few more bulbs with the extra money, but wtf. Life is a scramble- busy putting out fires everywhere...

just a touch a syncro,, groovy

Wow that is groovy. Great minds think alike. Staring at flowers...

@nivek I sort of asked you this before- but I’m wondering how much experimentation you have put into the settling time, using that ‘bagless’ hash making method. In the old days I always used to just let it sit overnight. I think that tends to collect a fair amount of extra plant matter. The last couple times I just let it sit 2 or 3 hours.

When I get the time I’m going to do some experimenting with my next run of hash. I want to see what I get using the bubble bags- as compared to not using them and just letting the hash settle to the bottom.
I’m considering doing a bunch of experimenting on how long to leave the stuff to settle for, but that’s looking like a lot of experimenting- could be a lot of work. Maybe you’ve already covered that ground. (?)

three hrs max... , mostly settled in an hr,, half hr even

using paper towel to soak up the last of the water seems to pick up a lot of plant matter,, it sticks to the paper towel but the trichomes dont,, groovy

that outdoor lemon skunk plant, in the pic, i am going to weaselhead hash the stuff,, not good for much else,, perhaps not even hash,, should do oil probably

mr slate cropped.jpg

I like your cat thing. BtW, the links in your .SIG do not appear to be links. EDIT: I meant the last two lines of it.

ya,, i know,, since the change, it got messed up.. i have no bothered to fix it all yet,,

might never get it done either

sry,, cheers

Life goes on. I had the same issue but fixed it. Probably while you were wasting your life away painting that cat. Nice one. I stared at it a long while trying to figure out if it likes me, hates me, is hungry, or just doesn’t care. That’s cats for you..

Cancel that.

Walked into a conversation I knew nothing about. :rofl: Haven’t been this way in too long Weaselcracker. Let me back up a bit and see WTH you’ve been up to. :hug:

Good things come to those that wait... Pcx had finally cracked :)

The PC I’ve been spraying is showing hermies now. Quite a lot of them I see... now that I stare at the blurry photo more. I think that means I should stop spraying now. It’s only been two weeks of spraying. I’ll let it run and see what happens.

I’ve just been spraying the last 2 inches of one tip of this plant.

I moved another smallish PC into flowering tonight, hopefully to be impregnated by the hermie one.

The PC I’ve been spraying is showing hermies now. Quite a lot of them I see... now that I stare at the blurry photo more. I think that means I should stop spraying now. It’s only been two weeks of spraying. I’ll let it run and see what happens.

I’ve just been spraying the last 2 inches of one tip of this plant.

I moved another smallish PC into flowering tonight, hopefully to be impregnated by the hermie one.

I can't remember exactly, but I believe you should continue spraying for at least a few days after seeing the nanners and, it may be as much as a couple of weeks. I do know you're supposed to continue spraying for some time after the nanners show. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom