But I still miss Gopher (protocol) servers (and Archie, Veronica, Jughead...). They've practically all disappeared. "You kids and yer fancy doubayew doubayew dot com!" <SHAKES CANE>

That's funny right there ^^^ I remember those daze and a modem. Man modems sucked. Kids nowadaze don't even know what that is.

PC sounds like a good winter time plant indoors. Getting chunky..

PC sounds like a good winter time plant indoors. Getting chunky..

It’s such a mess. I’ve reached the tipping point with this one. I’m awaiting fresh new PC seeds, and self pollinating it while I wait. We can’t go on together like this.

Hi Bob :passitleft:

I remember those daze and a modem. Man modems sucked. Kids nowadaze don't even know what that is..

I remember upgrading from a 2400 baud modem to a 9600 baud. I thought I had the world by the ass.

But alas, it’s the world that has us by the ass...

:passitleft:

~Carnival~.

It occurs to me again what a great strain this one is. She doesn’t fuss around or ask any questions. Just grows buds. Nice big buds. Ones that I actually like to smoke.

This one was in a 15 gallon pot. I stuck the tomato cage on about halfway through flowering. Other than that she was pretty well untrained and left to her own in the corner.

This was the near the end of round 2 of finger hash collection. I smoked it all...:p
I’m toasted.....

:thanks:
A bit of nostril-burning fuel smell, laced with plenty of lime and a little fruitiness. I zipped along like a rocket all day- What fun. Now I’m sliding into the abyss...
:drool: Goodnight friends.

Damn WC, that's some frosty ass nugs you got there!!! IDK if you've ever washed your buds, but I do mine every harvest and if I trim when the buds are still semi wet, almost no trics or pistils stick to my gloves or trimmers.

simply outstanding,, you i mean,, out there,, all by yourself,, a few steps up the ladder from me humble harvests.

a bit of a coincidence,, actually,, i am researching how to spend my seedsman seed voucher at the moment,, and i had a few names down,, dark devil auto for one of note,, pineapple chunk for another,, and i knew there was one i wanted on the list and i forgot the name,,,

then,,well,, get this,, whilst reading another of your posts somewhere, you mentioned the carnival,, which you stated was your current strain of choice,, and i thot

that's it,, that's the one i was thinkin of,, honest,,

then i go to your forge,, to see if you have posted a pic of that og. x/mak. plant yet,, only to see no og. x/mak.,, but a absolute nug of the year candidate instead,,

helped a bit with my disappointment at not seeing an og. x/mak pic

superb weaseley,, gotta say again,,

Thank you very kindly for all the compliments friends. I didn’t do anything to deserve them but Carnival is dead now (I killed her) and can’t talk so I’ll take a bow in her place.
:thanks:

Apologies for the late replies but that’s sort of the way it goes around this journal- life having me by the ass the way it does.
Really this plant grew itself, stuck in a back corner untended and uncomplaining. It even made it through the recent ph crisis without much fuss.

IDK if you've ever washed your buds, but I do mine every harvest and if I trim when the buds are still semi wet, almost no trics or pistils stick to my gloves or trimmers.

I did try that, a couple times in the past when Hiker ( at least I think it was him ) first brought the idea around into the forum. I loved what it did to the buds but don’t seem to have found the time to make it a routine. Most of the time I’m too damn frantic around here. I know most of the time I wouldn’t be able to organize the extra steps involved. But I could manage to do it once in awhile, and I feel like I should..

Stumbling block #1 is- where do I hang them to dry after washing? I don’t understand where people find the space. The only secure place I could hang the wet buds is the flowering room, which is very bright, crowded, warm/hot. Would this work?

I have the same colours on my Gift of Fire F2.

They do look similar hey....I’m thinking that pic of the buds in the jar, that you quick dried. Keep taking photos like that mate and your 420 lighter shortage should ease up eventually.

I need 15 gallons of the soil you got. Maybe more lighting helped too!

I’m using soilless - Sunshine Mix. And bottled nutes courtesy of Monsanto. Thanks for everything Monsanto. At least till I get around to changing systems. So it’s nothing special. Sort of like the wonderbread of grow mediums, upon which I dump some sauce once a week. Though to be fair the nutes seem to be pretty much naturally derived- kelp and fish based stuff.

Actually I feel like my whole setup, the nutrients and the lighting, is just barely good enough. Some strains do well because of better genetics, some not so well. I feel like I can almost see that extra 15% of resin that the plants want to produce, just behind the veil. So close but so far. That feeling you get driving an old Honda Civic up a hill with the pedal jammed down...press as hard as you want to but... there just ain’t no more.

Jealousy is pushing me to look at different lights- Q boards like the cool kids all have now- even if it’s just for a small section of the grow.

WC I see you like to rough handle the ladies a fair amount.

I like to think it’s mostly the other way around :) A good thing too, because the first way would be politically incorrect.

...to see if you have posted a pic of that og. x/mak. plant yet,

Right here Nivek, that floppy little thing next to the lighter.

Keep in mind my veg plants, generally a mess anyway, have been pretty much frozen in time the last few months. The new bulb has perked them up now and they’re starting to grow again. This OGx looks like it wants to grow large.

———-

I’ve given up on the current aerocloner round. Third round in a row.

Well- not quite given up. What I do in these cases is plunk them in a tray of perlite under a bulb just in case... They’ll sit there a month or more, languishing but not dying. Usually I get one or two to root in the perlite setup after all else has failed.

So that’s one mission for the night- go over the cloner again and sterilize it... This next round I’m going to set it up in the wine/jamming/trimming room- just in case the cuttings are happier there and the dreaded zoospores are less numerous.

I’m also going to hit up my rainwater cisterns with a little bleach tonight. Thith pythium busineth is thrarting to pyth me off.

Having issues with my cloner too. 0 for 9 two times in a row now. Washed it, bleached it, washed it again. Still no love.

Getting ready give it a heave hoe aka drop kick it. Freaking thing wasn't cheap either.

Better luck sticking cuts in a glass of water.

I soaking cuts in coconut water for a few hours then into plain water to soak, it's actually working.

Finally someone found a use for that coconut water stuff? I’ll have to try it.
I’ve had reasonably good luck with the cloner in general. It’s just finicky. I sterilize the crap out of everything and then hope the cuttings root before they turn to slime. Lately that hasn’t happened. I keep coming up with new theories why.
One latest theory is that I haven’t been rinsing out all traces of the bleach well enough (?).
At the root of a lot of my problems might be that my grow is a seething mass of pythium zoospores wriggling everywhere trying to get me and, mostly, my plants.
I use rainwater in cisterns and have never once made any attempt to sterilize them. Add to that the fact that this time of year everything here for hundreds of miles around is a like a mouldy wet rotting salad that has been left in the fridge- till next spring. Possibly longer.
Anyway I did what I said I was going to do- sterilized the cloner and then rinsed it very well, boiled the water I’m using, moved the whole show to a more sterile room, added a couple spoonfuls of bleach to the cisterns. We shall see...

I did try that, a couple times in the past when Hiker ( at least I think it was him ) first brought the idea around into the forum. I loved what it did to the buds but don’t seem to have found the time to make it a routine. Most of the time I’m too damn frantic around here. I know most of the time I wouldn’t be able to organize the extra steps involved. But I could manage to do it once in awhile, and I feel like I should..

Stumbling block #1 is- where do I hang them to dry after washing? I don’t understand where people find the space. The only secure place I could hang the wet buds is the flowering room, which is very bright, crowded, warm/hot. Would this work?

Yes, it was Hiker that started the Bud Washing thread, but it was DocBud's recipe/procedure. TBH, you could do a simple one bucket wash with only city tap water if ya have access. City water, being chlorinated will have a cleansing effect, but if no city water, really any water would do so long as there's not too much elements in it. Because I do the standard 3 bucket wash, I hang my branches in between buckets so not to cross contaminate and allow each a little time to drip before plunging into the next stage. I find, by the time I wash all the branches, the 15 minutes or so is enough time to drip dry before I trim and manicure. After the trimming is done, all the branches are thoroughly dripped dry, and I just hang everything where I normally hang. For me, I used to hang in Veg for convenience, but lately I've been hanging in the empty bloom room while I prep a plant in veg, so I only lose 3 days tops. For you though, you can hang anywhere really. Once no longer dripping, you're good to go anywhere. It's not like they continue dripping. FWIW, I used to hang a washed pound above my 200w T5 fixture and never had a zap occur. Also to note, the slightly added RH can be helpful this time of year.

Regarding your pythium issues, do you practice inoculating your roots with beneficial bacteria? Years back, I tried my luck in aeroponics and my system that had H2O2 in it still contracted pythium and all plants died in less than a week. It turned the roots into slimy Lo Mein. That's when The Capn turned me onto bennies and I've never had pythium since. You may have been subbed to that journal as well, but I can't remember how far back you and I go.

Here's a wash I did many years ago at my former growcation.

Sounds like upstate NY in the fall and late winter/spring.

Coconut water is good. Get the no sugar no additives no preservatives. Or get a young coconut (the smaller ones that are already partially peeled) at the store a put hole in it.
Aloe is good for cutting end - dip cut into the aloe jel and into soil that's how the "pros" do it.

I'm going with cuts in a glass and let them sit for a few weeks and change the water. IF they root great. Easy come easy go, until I loose "the keeper".

Drink it, VERY good for us too. It don't taste too bad once you get used to it. lol

Aloe and coconut water both good.

Back
Top Bottom