That's about as frosty as it comes. :) And it's a lime one, you say - fortunate grower. :bravo:

I never took a close-up look, but I always called those white growths "root nubbies". And every time I've planted one in soil it rooted right away.

I think your 'shrooms are nubbies. :) This second one (the one in the pink holder) definitely shows roots. :thumb:

Yes I do think there’s hope for the pink one :thumb: I was tempted to throw the ones with ‘nubbies’ into some soil and get them out of the cloner. I forgot to mention that I did get some nice roots in a perlite tray. I started it above a heat mat about ten days ago. So perhaps I’ll abandon the aero-cloner for a while in favour of the perlite, if it’s not co-operating.
Yes I’d been secretly hoping that the shrooms would actually be roots, but I don't think they are. They haven’t really moved or grown, and look as mushroomy as ever.

That's about as frosty as it comes. :) And it's a lime one, you say - fortunate grower. :bravo:

Thanks GT. You’re the guy who caused me to get this strain.

I can see in the pictures on your journal how much light penetration you’re getting from your quantum boards. The way the buds are nicely developed all the way to the bottom of the plant. Myself with the HIDs, some strains cope well and make the best of it- others don’t. The Carnival is one that does- the buds are frosty all the way to the bottom of the plant, and frosty through and through.

I’m still curious what the non-lime-smelling versions of Carnival smell like (?)

That Carnival looks awesome, Brother, and I've heard nothing but great things about it from numerous growers. In fact, I'm surprised I don't have any Carnival seeds myself, yet! :hmmmm:

Judging by the brownish spots on the stems, those "shrooms" are, in fact, some mold/bacteria growing in the res and, if left un-checked, will likely effect all of the plants in the res. To test this, you may want to mix up a 50/50 solution of water & 3% H2O2 and mist the stems/shrooms and just observe how they react. If they start bubbling like crazy, it's probably a mold/bacteria and the entire res & pumps will need to be dis-infected. :goodluck:

Thanks Mr K. That’s pretty much in line with my thinking. I didn’t know about the peroxide idea though so thanks for that tip.
I always throughly disinfect the cloner between runs. Mostly failed runs, lately... At this point I’m just letting it run out to see what happens before it crashes and burns. It’s been three weeks. Got some interesting mushrooms going, and I think maybe those nubbins will squeak through. In a few days I’ll shut it down and clean it all again, make some mushroom soup, and re-assess (again).

Yeah I don’t think you could go too wrong with the Carnival, if you got some. Seems like one of the gold standard strains- or one that should be if it’s not.

Man your hands look dank :rofl:

Are you carving that resin from your fingers? I always heat my knife and collect them. The best product coming out of weed for me. Peak high for hours and man, what a taste :drool: Charas kills it.

Good job on your Carnival btw. It is hard to get your hands that sticky :bravo: Gratz and good luck on your PC's. I am getting closer for harvest and can't wait to smoke this exceptional strain.

Cheers TC, thanks. I poke my head in your journal now and again to look at the PC. Sounds like it’s time to visit again soon.
If a plant is sticky enough and large enough I can time the finger hash so it builds to a critical mass and peels off nicely on its own. I actually got more off this one last night than I could smoke, before I gave up :) In the lights I could see resin glands falling off the buds in light showers when I picked them up. Not necessarily a good thing but there seemed to be plenty to spare. I tried to get a picture of that effect but don’t have a good enough camera and three hands.
You carve it off with a warm knife, or did I read that wrong?

Cheers TC, thanks. I poke my head in your journal now and again to look at the PC. Sounds like it’s time to visit again soon.
If a plant is sticky enough and large enough I can time the finger hash so it builds to a critical mass and peels off nicely on its own. I actually got more off this one last night than I could smoke, before I gave up :) In the lights I could see resin glands falling off the buds in light showers when I picked them up. Not necessarily a good thing but there seemed to be plenty to spare. I tried to get a picture of that effect but don’t have a good enough camera and three hands.
You carve it off with a warm knife, or did I read that wrong?

Nice to hear that :passitleft: I am getting very close to harvest this great strain for the first time :rollit:

Yeah I am carving it with my Swiss army knife. Heating it up with a candle and carve till nothing comes out. I never experienced the resin peeling off on its own. I usually struggle for 50-60 minutes to make enough product for two joints :) Another suggestion would be rolling it with some tobacco. I use small amounts of dried tobacco, Charas and fill the rest of the joint with grinded buds. Tobacco burns weed, weed burns the Charas. It is heaven sir :ganjamon:

How long will you flower it for? I let most of my PCs go for about 85- 90 days in flowering. Some for 100 or more. I don’t think I harvested many before 75 days unless it was because of issues, of which I’ve had many with this strain. I realize that’s probably a bit longer than whatever it says on the package. I just found that, in my grow situation anyway, it doesn’t seem to reach its peak till about three months age.
I’m really looking forward to seeing how the two new baby PCs grow, and really hoping I won’t have sooooo many issues with them.

~Y Griega~

This plant took the biggest beating when I busted my ph probe and then frizzled the plants with a high ph feeding or two. I had it on water-only for the last three weeks and could have gone longer but I was sort of tired of it taking up so much room. It was a big tangle of floppy buds which I should have propped up better for the light, but didn’t ever get around to.
I wish I’d gotten some better photos of the whole plant- it was actually very pretty, with its mass of blue-green frosty buds, and bright yellow leaves with violet veins. But by 4:20 it’s too dark here to take decent photos anymore.
This one turned out really nice. It was frostier even than the Carnival, but didn’t ripen as evenly and I took a lot of the lower growth for hash/skin cream making and cause I was feeling lazy.

This opens up the flowering room nicely, for now.... The scraggly looking Chocolate Mint on the right is due for harvest soon too.

Hope all is going well in your world mate.. Sending you immense positivity with a sprinkling of lovey dove on the side..

Why thank you kind sir and the same to you, I hope you are forever frolicking in meadows of December flowers, where the dickybirds and wombats sing, in slow motion.

I was recently trying to compute the idea of November being summertime, but failed.

A dickybird is a penis in Australia (what it's called when your a kid)...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh yeah and I forgot this one for Triangle Cheese :)

You're just gonna have to pardon my off color language for a moment...
Holy shit!!!
Peelin it off! Sweet.
I found it surprisingly difficult to photograph one's own fingers.

A dickybird is a penis in Australia (what it's called when your a kid)...

Hey look... now I can add to my off color language collection. Awesome!

How long will you flower it for? I let most of my PCs go for about 85- 90 days in flowering. Some for 100 or more. I don’t think I harvested many before 75 days unless it was because of issues, of which I’ve had many with this strain. I realize that’s probably a bit longer than whatever it says on the package. I just found that, in my grow situation anyway, it doesn’t seem to reach its peak till about three months age.

Say whaaaaaat? That's horrible news for me. I need 8 week strains, 9 at the absolute most. I hope that timeline is just your preference for PC. I'll be sending 2 into bloom and will find out regardless, but I do hope 70-100 days is not needed to finish them.

Have you ever researched the Emerson Effect? I bet you can finish quicker with the far red LED boards by using them for 10 minutes at lights out. I intend to get some after the holidays when funds are plentiful, but allegedly you can shave off about a week to finish due to getting the plants to sleep quicker each night which should translate into getting more growth accomplished each day and night.

Back
Top Bottom