Webbing on leaves even after the Spidermites themselves are gone

CanniCulture

Today, while I was cleaning dead leaves off of my plants, I noticed there was a small amount of webbing on a fan leaf. I am constantly spraying Azamax and Spinosad, and haven't had much of an issue so far with the mites. I'm in week 5 flowering, and I was wondering if the web could be there from old populations of spider mites? Does the web stay even after they die? Or is it just a sign that they're still there, and attacking my plants?

If you mean the plant being eaten creating a web like shape then yes, those affected leaves won't recover. It's rare for any herb leaf to recover. The thing to look for is the new growth as that is what matters.

I mean the actual webbing that comes out of the mite. It's was diagonal from one leaf tip to the other leaf tip on the same leaf. It wasn't a heavy web either it was only 3-5 strands. I want to know if those webs they create are long lasting and they can withstand being sprayed with Spinosad or Azamax or is it evidence that there is an infestation still occurring.

I mean the actual webbing that comes out of the mite. It's was diagonal from one leaf tip to the other leaf tip on the same leaf. It wasn't a heavy web either it was only 3-5 strands. I want to know if those webs they create are long lasting and they can withstand being sprayed with Spinosad or Azamax or is it evidence that there is an infestation still occurring.

It might have just been a spider web. Mite webs are usually very tight and include many microscopic threads.

Effective ways of getting rid of those damn spider mites:-

Ladybugs
Lacewing
Minute pirate bugs
Spider mite destroyers (actual name of insect)
Predatory thrips
Predatory mites
Big-eyed bugs

Lady bugs are my favourite as they eat the webs too :) You'd be surprised how strong those little webs are CC. Having webs is only an indication that they were there. If your treatment went ok, you shouldn't get any more. Sometimes the simple solution is the one to go for. Wipe them off with a cotton bud dipped in slightly soapy water or neem oil.

Don't use anything that contains pesticides for spider mite treatment as they are resistant to pesticides. Using a pesticide will only kill off the beneficial bugs that eat spider mites, which will only make the spider mite infestation worse. That's why I suggested "slightly soapy water or neem oil"

Miticide is also something to have look at. Here's a great short article on it.
Types Of Miticide – Information On Using And Choosing A Miticide

Looking forward to the next update.

Back
Top Bottom