Websissy’s Purple Haze Grow Journal, 2021

The humidifier ran out of water in the tent that my harvest was in. Not sure how long it was out but humidity was 35%.
Should be OK just a little low for a slow dry... I keep mine in a paper bag for at least 2 weeks of cure then throw it in the fridge for a day or two before smoking to get it nice and dry (humid around here and bud will soak moisture back up making it hard to smoke if left out at atmospheric conditions). Your dry conditions you will probably do better with jars as they will allow you to keep the humidity higher.

Start of cure day 3 - I added some humidity packs to the jar/container and bought a cheap hygrometer. Humidity is up from the 30-35% it was at.I’m only able to open the jars for a few minutes in the mornings and then in the evenings because i’m at work during the day. Don’t know if they need much airing out. Still smells like hay :popcorn: I’m hopeful though that they will get there - wherever that may be!

Long as you maintain 50% you should not have to open them much... a little fresh air now and then helps with the cure though. What you do not want to happen is for moisture to get too high in the mason jar and cause mold instead of cure. Easy peasy That morning and night thing sounds perfect. :thumb:

Update on cure - still smells like hay - probably a sign that the bud won’t turn out that great due to the stress the plant was in during flower.

I have 2 clones (not in picture) that are big and ready to flip to flower. These are my smaller clones that are starting to grow more vigorously, except they have really thin stems. The last two feedings, I’ve given them a boost of Cal/mag in addition to the GH Flora series. They have been under a T5 prior to move if them to the little tent with the LED’s a few weeks ago. I have another LED - but am using my larger tent for the GSC comparative grow - so can’t move them there - may need to get another tent that’s taller.

give it some time. stuff will really improve over time.

if they are dry going in at jar, cut some of the thicker stalks up and put them in the jars with your weed. they hold the moisture longer than the bud and will get your rh up in the jars to help with cure.

full

ideally you want to be around the 60% rh mark going in. rh in the jars will almost always rise a little at the beginning, as the larger buds release a bit. the smaller ones will pick it up and stuff will even out, as part of the cure process.

if your hygrometers are showing low rh in the jars, then extend times between burping a bit as well. that may help.

edit : also i really pack my jars as you can see, it tends to help when things are drier at harvest.

If the buds dried too fast then they won't cure. Part of the whole process starts from correctly drying your herb
Thanks - I think that might have happened. I had to go away for 4 days and my evap humidifier ran out of water. When I got home the humidity was 35RH. The buds felt crispy to the touch on the outside. Since that time I’ve kept them in the containers with some 62% humidity packs - humidity has gotten to 58%, but drops after I open them for 10 minutes twice a day to 47-50RH. Chalk it up to learning and better planning for my harvest. Will keep “curing” them another few weeks. Will smoke some this weekend to see if they have any potency.

give it some time. stuff will really improve over time.

if they are dry going in at jar, cut some of the thicker stalks up and put them in the jars with your weed. they hold the moisture longer than the bud and will get your rh up in the jars to help with cure.

full

ideally you want to be around the 60% rh mark going in. rh in the jars will almost always rise a little at the beginning, as the larger buds release a bit. the smaller ones will pick it up and stuff will even out, as part of the cure process.

if your hygrometers are showing low rh in the jars, then extend times between burping a bit as well. that may help.
Thanks for the tip about raising the RH!

Thanks - I think that might have happened. I had to go away for 4 days and my evap humidifier ran out of water. When I got home the humidity was 35RH. The buds felt crispy to the touch on the outside. Since that time I’ve kept them in the containers with some 62% humidity packs - humidity has gotten to 58%, but drops after I open them for 10 minutes twice a day to 47-50RH. Chalk it up to learning and better planning for my harvest. Will keep “curing” them another few weeks. Will smoke some this weekend to see if they have any potency.
It happens. Life gets in the way. The bovedas are really meant to maintain the rh, not increase it. Once you reach 62% the bovedas go into the jars. That's probably why you see it drop so fast when the lid opens.

Next one will be better knowing what you know now.

Decided to sample some of the bud today - nice light sativa high :) I was looking at a Tupperware bowl in my kitchen just now and it looked oval - then I looked again and it was round - haha - this bud is a bit psychedelic :) No flavor or smell really and not harsh. Doesn’t expand much like my Dispensary bud does - no coughing.

A boy clone - going to see how long he can live outside on a table (alway from the rabbits and javelina’s). He will hang out with the poinsettia I’m rehabbing since it was left to die in the office after the holidaysz

I had 6 clones and one I lost track from which plant it was cut from. Turns out it’s a boy - he has such pretty stems and leaves though - but must go - probably tomorrow!

Was just wondering if you noticed any negative effects from smoking your harvest, sore throat, mouth feels weird anything like that as I know you said you added super thrive to your flowering plant. It has caused me grief in the past.

Was just wondering if you noticed any negative effects from smoking your harvest, sore throat, mouth feels weird anything like that as I know you said you added super thrive to your flowering plant. It has caused me grief in the past.
Didn’t notice anything like that - but I only added it around 3-4th week of flower, she grew for 8 more weeks after that.

Haven’t updated in awhile but my purple haze grow is still going on with her clones. I have one who is in her 2nd week of flower (she was in Veg for 3 months). I fed her cal mag and her early bloom GH Flora series nutes a few days ago. She looks great and is stretching like crazy. Only slight concern is the slight claw leaves. I will be careful not to over do it on nutes. Will water her 2 more times before I feed her again.

These clones, 2 months in Veg, are outgrowing their tent but I don’t have another tent for them. Will need to get creative this weekend and build something as my flower tent is full. I may have to harden them and put them outside. One is still in a 1 gallon pot and looks like it really needs to be up potted - will do that today.

Didn’t notice anything like that - but I only added it around 3-4th week of flower, she grew for 8 more weeks after that.
Nice. I fed super thrive right up to harvest (with a small flush) ages ago and didn't get it all flushed out. Let's just say I won't do that again. Glad to hear your harvest wasn't contaminated.

Purple Haze clone - 36 days post flip. Seeing lots of leaf issues and loss in the past week. Have switch to RO water (starting today) as I think the high calcium in my tap water is maybe impacting the uptake. Using GH Flora series nutrition and some Botanicare Sweet Raw. Buds are filling in but not seeing as many Trichomes with this strain as I see on another strain I’m flowering too. Gave her some mycorrhizae and RO water today.

Height is 38.5” from top of soil.

Haven’t updated in awhile. Just harvested the PH clone I took on 3/23 from it’s mother. Have 4 more clones from her that were not doing too well in my smaller tent and then bathtub who I’m now flipping to flower. I haven’t perfected growing the PH yet, either that or it’s a strain that likes to drop it’s fan leaves earlier in flower and sugar leaves don’t stay to the end. I will not start a new grow with this strain again for awhile so maybe when I’m a more experienced grower I’ll have more luck - have 100’s of seeds from the mother.

The clones are now in the Flower tent - couldn’t wait for the last of my GSC’s to finish. The PH clones needed stronger lights and a more controlled environment than being in my bath tub under a T5 and the smaller Clip on LED light I use with the plants early on. Also, they have been showing preflower pistols for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom