Websissy’s Purple Haze Grow Journal, 2021

I have one plant left in my grow tent - I thought maybe was a girl because the preflower I found looked a little pointy but this morning finding some pollen looking sacs. I’m so bummed - all of my plants are male :( Have to start over - need some feminized seeds.Thoughts on these preflower shapes?

0D019E7C-22F4-4ABB-9C32-1000CCD09224.jpeg

I have one plant left in my grow tent - I thought maybe was a girl because the preflower I found looked a little pointy but this morning finding some pollen looking sacs. I’m so bummed - all of my plants are male :( Have to start over - need some feminized seeds.Thoughts on these preflower shapes?

Looks like little hairs sticking out of one but rest look like balls.
If you have time give it a couple days.
At the very top of this page in brown it says.
Join 420magazine official Girl Scout Cookies Grow.
Click on it and give them the info and they will send you 10 GSC Fem seeds free.
Then check their website and pick something. They have great fems.

Looks like little hairs sticking out of one but rest look like balls.
If you have time give it a couple days.
At the very top of this page in brown it says.
Join 420magazine official Girl Scout Cookies Grow.
Click on it and give them the info and they will send you 10 GSC Fem seeds free.
Then check their website and pick something. They have great fems.
Thanks Bill! What I thought too. Maybe it's a Herm plant? I could keep for seeds. I'll check out the GSC Grow!

Thanks Bill! What I thought too. Maybe it's a Herm plant? I could keep for seeds. I'll check out the GSC Grow!
Could be they look like you know what. But the stigmas sticking out of what could pass for a Bract, say female. So could a H........
Might produce seeds an terrible buds.
Get in on the free seeds,we are all doing it. Follow Justin Goodie. Moderator nice guy and he running the give away.
Bill

I looked at my one plant left tonight and I’m proud to announce I have a girl!!! My husband, who’s knows nothing about growing cannabis and says I’m reading too much about it - has taken up a challenge to continue to grow my 2 boys outside to see if his theory of mixing desert soil with the Fox Farms Happy Frog, giving the plants no further nutes and tap water keeps the plants healthy. My girl is in her tent with a controlled environment :)
67071B59-A52E-480C-9A27-89CADFB087C4.jpeg
D58C678B-FD97-4781-A51C-994F40FCDA9D.jpeg

I wish we could treat these plants like Pokémon cards lol and trade!:cool:

It’s been 9 days since I flipped my plants to flower - recap - out of 4 plants only one is female. She seems to be doing well - I can see lots of little baby buds forming and she’s stretching. I did some trimming this morning of lower stuff that probably won’t make it up to the canopy level. I accidentally snipped a bit of a stem that had some good potential. I’ve ordered some grafting tape and currently have a soft tie and bamboo pole to support it. Hope it makes it. I have one clone that’s in veg stage of her and 5 others still working on rooting. Another clone is of a boy and needs to go but he has no pollen sacs yet. The other two boys that my husband is caring for are growing like weeds!
Oh - I gave the girl some nutes today - decided I’ll alternated one ph watering and one nute watering - using Flora series - week 2 of flowering chart for soil. It’s getting warm in AZ - even with my AC and evaporative humidifier in the tent (with hydrometer), fans going the tent is getting up to low 80’s during the day. At night cooling down to about 73.

2D37421B-168A-4246-ABF5-4353FF460FD6.jpeg

2D9FA7B6-6FC2-4206-AD85-8F9EF0FAA1D7.jpeg

1A350C38-70B0-42AF-9E7E-DF58888B8B00.jpeg

F6EDFE2F-8244-4778-A730-D14EA11A2639.jpeg

Whoohoo! Will be my 2nd grow - will be a good learning experience to be part of a comparative grow! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
1617768299352.png

Whoohoo! Will be my 2nd grow - will be a good learning experience to be part of a comparative grow! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
1617768299352.png
I'm glad you got in on the GSC grow. We will have fun helping each other. :thumb:
Bill

My one flowering plant is doing her thing - she stretching and growing more nodes. I did some things because I recall seeing a video about it but after realized I should have done some of this earlier maybe.
1) I trimmed undergrowth and nodes that probably wouldn’t get to top of canopy (I think I should have done that prior to flipping to flower?
2) I bought a trellis net and bent down some of the taller flowering stalks to make room for the lower stalks to get light. (I don’t think bending them after flipping to flower Is good). I’m now using the trellis net to gently position the stalks in their spot but not bending the parts that are at the top.

My clones look fine but taking their time to root (been 6 days). I know from my other clones that some take longer to show roots than others.

I gave the girl ph water with some cal mag yesterday. She is getting dry every other day now.

4ACA49A5-3B8E-41E2-B810-2DCC66FCBA09.jpeg

4A25396B-4AF1-48C6-9ACF-D8288552A6A4.jpeg

Hey hey hey all! I was gone again over the weekend. Watered my flowering plant and clones on Friday morning and had my lights on timers. All looked well when I got home Sunday evening. The flowering plant is in week 3 of flowering and has some fuzzy tops and are still stretching. Hoping some of the lowers will get up to the light - not sure when I give up on those and if I should cut them off to allow more energy to go to the higher stalks? My clones all took except one but the leaves are still green on that one so not giving up on her yet. I transplanted them straight from root riot plugs into 3 gallon cloth pots - except for one which I couldn’t because I ran out of Fox Farm Happy Frog soil. Used Hormex rooting powder (seems to be working well for transplanting). Watered the flowering plant with some nutes (1/3 of recommended Floraseries amount and sweet mag ). My runoff was 2,000PPM still. I put some cal mag and Superthrive into the water I put into the newly transplanted clones. I have 7 female clones now :)

26B1A42B-C1A4-43DD-802C-052F4264CD7C.jpeg

A30C2F3E-159C-495C-ADD4-DFECCF2F74C9.jpeg

3653954C-0658-42CF-8946-E99FBFBEE261.jpeg

CCF1B5F3-357F-4845-88F9-4EC026E2D9D1.jpeg

6DF0FDC7-69F2-4549-B1CD-B3F60ECC0838.jpeg

AC5E76CA-79AD-43B5-864D-4F63B1B7D6D2.jpeg

A8B9A185-1D06-4FB4-A163-A4411A45B078.jpeg

My flowering girl is still stretching. I trimmed off a couple of fan leaves blocking light to some lower flowers. Still not sure if I should cut lower flowers and leave the uppers only. Right now, since this is my first grow and only have one plant flowering - going to let them grow. I did notice that some lower leaves on one of the taller stalks have gotten a bit droopy. Plant has plenty of water. I put sweet mag and ph water on last feeding. The temps in my tent are getting harder to manage. Getting hotter in the desert. I have a tower fan - two smaller fans and a evaporative humidifier with a Humidstat. Keeping humidity at 50%. Thoughts?

7E128F68-E9C1-4BCE-8224-8C66E17FC497.jpeg

50 is more than OK especially if u got fans blowing thru your bud site's but she looking good :thumb:

Good evening :ciao:

Recap - growing Purple Haze photoperiods (started on 2/9. Flipped to flower on 3/28). I fed her yesterday with General Hydro Flora Series (week 3 of flower recommendation). Have her in a 3 gallon cloth pot - notice run off after just over a gallon of water. My tent only has one light - a Prism Lighting Science Stealth 530w (1000w-1200w equivalent). Because I live in Arizona and it's hot and dry - I'm using an Aircare Space Saver Evap Humidifier, tower fan, two small clip on fans, and have an inline fan with carbon filter. Even with all that it gets hot (up to 85 during the day). Keeping my house A/C at 77F.
full

I have 5 clones from her that I started in root riot with Clonex Rooting Gel and then into solo cups with Hormex rooting powder and now into 3 gallon pots with more Hormex (decided to skip the 1 gallon). I'm vegging them in my bathtub because I only have one tent right now and my cat eats the leaves - so I need a place where I can close the door to keep her out.
I recently started moving the cloned plants into the grow tent during the day and back to the tub for extended light at night. I have the clones on a 20/4 schedule (just cause) - using a single 24w 2ft T5 bulb attached to a stand rack - has been working well. I'm noticing my bathroom is starting to smell like weed though - so running my bathroom exhaust fans occasionally. After the flower girl is harvested, I'll move the veg clones to the tent. I got some inexpensive WeeGrow lights today for a sponsored grow that's coming up and am using those now on the Clones until I start the new GSC grow soon. I think I may need another tent for vegging or will need to make one (have seen some DIY's online).
full

Good day! Thanks to all who have watched my grow thread and helping a newbie! My Flower Girl had a couple of high flowers that have settled down on their stretch. I have several other contenders trying to make it up to the light. Is this normal with PH strain? I have watered with nutes the last two waters (watering every other day now) and I think she’s getting a little nute burn - tips curling down like claw - mainly lower and mid fan leaves. I watered her today with Spring water (20ppm) and made sure it was PH’d just right. Other leaves are still dark green - I back off nitrogen mostly. Just a tad - following GH Flora series soil chart.
full

full

full

Bottom buds - should I cut these off?
full

The boys are getting a bit droopy - my husband's project plants to see if minimal light and tap water wins!
full

Back
Top Bottom