Websissy’s Purple Haze Grow Journal, 2021

Websissy

Purple Haze Photoperiod - 4/6 seeds germinated.

Sativa (not sure of percentage)

In veg stage - not sure when it turned into veg vs seedling - I started seeds on 2/9/21. 2nd set of leaves started 2/17. 2/23 transplanted into 1 gallon favric pots.

Estimated in veg for 2 weeks.

Indoor grow in 4x4x6.5 ft grow tent. Outside for a few hours in sun if temps are right and not too windy.

Prism Lighting Science Stealth LED Full Spectrum grow light 530 w draw (1,000w-1,200w equivalent)

Soil - Fox Farms Happy Frog. Currently in 1 gallon fabric pots

Temp Fluctuates - try to keep above 65 and below 85

RH - using an ultrasonic humidifier. Try to keep at 50-60%. Just switched to using purified water in it since our tap water is so high in calcium leaving white powder in tent.

PH - testing it to keep it between 5.5-6.0

No pests. Using diatomaceous earth in soil and as top dressing. Also spraying with a watered down rosemary/eucalyptus/peppermint essential oil spray.

Watering every other day. Been giving nutrients every other watering. Testing PPM of nutrients/water but haven’t tested run off yet. Will do that on next watering.

Using Superthrive, General Hydroponics Flora series. Cal mag. Following chart or instructions for feeding amounts. Used Great White mycorrhizae powder on roots when transplanting.

Have been pinching center new node growth. Not sure if that’s the right thing to do to get plant to grow wider vs taller.

Have 4 plants. One is growing faster than others - is currently 16.5 inches high (from floor to top of canopy). Two are 12 inches tall and the runt is 11 inches. The runt sprouted late and had strange shaped first leaves - still looks different than other three.

14677D6F-5853-424D-9F7F-7F4FE3FF6353.jpeg

E7297A32-D716-4DEB-BEE1-7EC2EC432AD8.jpeg

Purple Haze Photoperiod - 4/6 seeds germinated.

Sativa (not sure of percentage)

In veg stage - not sure when it turned into veg vs seedling - I started seeds on 2/9/21. 2nd set of leaves started 2/17. 2/23 transplanted into 1 gallon favric pots.

Estimated in veg for 2 weeks.

Indoor grow in 4x4x6.5 ft grow tent. Outside for a few hours in sun if temps are right and not too windy.

Prism Lighting Science Stealth LED Full Spectrum grow light 530 w draw (1,000w-1,200w equivalent)

Soil - Fox Farms Happy Frog. Currently in 1 gallon fabric pots

Temp Fluctuates - try to keep above 65 and below 85

RH - using an ultrasonic humidifier. Try to keep at 50-60%. Just switched to using purified water in it since our tap water is so high in calcium leaving white powder in tent.

PH - testing it to keep it between 5.5-6.0

No pests. Using diatomaceous earth in soil and as top dressing. Also spraying with a watered down rosemary/eucalyptus/peppermint essential oil spray.

Watering every other day. Been giving nutrients every other watering. Testing PPM of nutrients/water but haven’t tested run off yet. Will do that on next watering.

Using Superthrive, General Hydroponics Flora series. Cal mag. Following chart or instructions for feeding amounts. Used Great White mycorrhizae powder on roots when transplanting.

Have been pinching center new node growth. Not sure if that’s the right thing to do to get plant to grow wider vs taller.

Have 4 plants. One is growing faster than others - is currently 16.5 inches high (from floor to top of canopy). Two are 12 inches tall and the runt is 11 inches. The runt sprouted late and had strange shaped first leaves - still looks different than other three.

14677D6F-5853-424D-9F7F-7F4FE3FF6353.jpeg

E7297A32-D716-4DEB-BEE1-7EC2EC432AD8.jpeg
Beautiful girls my friend. I'll follow along and watch, see how they do :thumb:

Tonight, I decided to water my larger plant as it’s leaves were drooping a bit and it felt light. I have never checked the run off so this time did and it was off the chart! It was so high my PPM reader couldn’t read it. I flushed the plant until I got it down to 1,200ppm. The leaves haven’t perked up yet a few hours later. Hoping by the morning it will recover!

Tonight, I decided to water my larger plant as it’s leaves were drooping a bit and it felt light. I have never checked the run off so this time did and it was off the chart! It was so high my PPM reader couldn’t read it. I flushed the plant until I got it down to 1,200ppm. The leaves haven’t perked up yet a few hours later. Hoping by the morning it will recover!
Checking the ppm of runoff water in soil is of no use. Your measuring sediment thats washed out. If you keep running water through you just removing any nutrients left in the soil. In soil mix your nutrients according to the feed schedule of your nutrients. No need to measure ppm ever in soil. This is from what I have read others do as I'm in coco, and don't use soil. Have you had a minute to look at any journals. Lots of people using that exact set up you have, log everything you need to know going forward. Let them dry out properly, and try to stick with the feed schedule your on. You are doing a great job so far. :thumb:

Thanks - yeah I figured it had to have been the soil causing the high PPM’s. The plant looks super happy this morning - probably just needed watering. Hopefully, I didn’t flush out too much although I was still getting 1,400ppm on the last reading. I’ll be transplanting this large plant soon to a 5 gallon with new soil - probably this weekend.

Whoops - I forgot to turn my lights on when after I took the pics this morning - my plants are on a 18/6 cycle and just went 11 hours without light - hope they don’t flip early!

Whoops - I forgot to turn my lights on when after I took the pics this morning - my plants are on a 18/6 cycle and just went 11 hours without light - hope they don’t flip early!
I don't think you will have a problem from 11 hrs. Just keep going, looking good.

Put my plants outdoors yesterday for about 4 hours for some sunshine - I could tell it helped - new growth sprouted up quite a bit. I’ve labeled my 4 plants by size - A, the largest to D the runt (which is catching up to B & C). I don’t have them all on the same watering schedule now as I’m going my weight of my fabric 1 gallon pots.
B’s leaves were dropping and pot was light so it got RO water with a few drops of Super thrive and CalMag last night - looked great this morning. A’s leaves are drooping now but pot still feels like it has water - although just at bottom. Might water it tonight.
I want to start to clone, but A while the largest doesn’t have stems with 2 or more nodes. B does. C and D don’t. Even though B’s stems are shorter it’s bottom growth looks great so I’m going to take a few clones tomorrow. Soaking my rock wool now (24 hours). Will write about how that goes tomorrow :

B’s potential clone stems
C8E0DEA4-E64A-450A-812B-B33DECC2DA04.jpeg

80CABA65-84FD-4C30-8D7F-9D5BC6E5F72C.jpeg
Nice garden . Beautiful girls you have there. Have you cloned in rockwool before, the ph is high and you have to adjust for it. Just incase. Also I put my girls out in the sun once and when I brought them in I brought bugs in too.
Just my 2 cents.

I haven’t done anything before - first time grower. I’m trying some IPM stuff like drying the soil in my garage before using it to transplant and then mixing diatomaceous earth in soil and on top soil and sprayed plants with a rosemary, peppermint and eucalyptus essential oil mixed with water spray. So far no bugs but have heard that’s a risk.

Nice garden u got there :goodjob:
I'll sit n have a smoke with ya

I haven’t done anything before - first time grower. I’m trying some IPM stuff like drying the soil in my garage before using it to transplant and then mixing diatomaceous earth in soil and on top soil and sprayed plants with a rosemary, peppermint and eucalyptus essential oil mixed with water spray. So far no bugs but have heard that’s a risk.
Rockwool works great for many people, not my go to but if you wash and soak in 5.5 ph water they will be ok. And just keep an eye on them because they can drift back up.
I don't touch soil so I can't help with it sorry. Someone with experience will be along im sure to advise.

I took 2 stalks off Plant “B” today and 1 off Plant “A”. My plants are 4 weeks 5 days old from seed today. I think I’ll wait a few more days for some longer stalls before cloning more.

Cleaned my razor blade and trimming tool with rubbing alcohol. Cut from bottom at 45 degree angle and put in cup of PH tested water. Trimmed fan leaves in half and cut off attached fan leaf stalk. Used razor blade to rough up bottom of stalk. Dipped stalk in Hormex rooting powder #3. And put in rock wool that I had pre-made a hole for that’s the same size as the stalks. Pushed the stalks down 3/4 of way. Placed rock wool cubes in growing tray with some lid (vents closed). Misted the inside of dome and bottom of tray with PH tested water. Placed in grow tent. Using only light I have. Going to follow this guys advice - Grow Weed Easy - Cannabis Cloning

My plan is to clone everything and then flower it out and throw away all males and father plants of the males so all that is left is the flowering females and clones of those females. I want to keep one female plant to use as a Mother plant. Will label everything

PS - that’s my little mint plant enjoying hanging out with the other plants

My cat like to nibble on the little new center leaves I’m plucking off the tops of new nodes. Today I am going to transplant plant “A” as it’s twice as tall as the others and wondering if the roots need more space. One thing with this plant is it has longer thicker stalks but not as many new node sites growing. Genetics at work I guess. Will be interesting to see how big it gets. I won’t flip any of my seed plants to flower - going to flip the clones first to determine sex and then I’ll keep one of the seed plants as a mother plant.

A7D2CC1D-BE93-4A6E-910B-5DFBB4EA54EE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom