Website Upgrade: New Features

Teddy Edwards

420 Support
420 Staff
We have this week introduced a bunch of new features for you.

Push Notifications
Go to your Preferences - Username (black menu bar at top of the page) > Preferences - where you can turn these on and off. Push Notifications will work for most browsers, however not on Apple's Safari or iOS.

Table Support
After many member requests, the ability to copy and paste a data table has been added, so this should please quite a few. You can c&p tables from most sources, including the web and Excel. Or you can use the BB code button for tables and choose the row/columns, then add data.

Emoji Enhancements
You can see the differences by clicking the smiley icon from the post menu - many more options. There's a search function too.

Post Reactions
There are now more options than just "Like".

Content Bookmarks
Click your Username, (black menu bar at top of the page), and explore the new bookmarks feature.

URL Unfurling
If someone links to something, you can read meta data before clicking. It looks like this:

There are other goodies tucked away to discover and more to come.

We hope that the upgrades add to your experience on 420 Magazine.

Thanks are due to our Tech Team who work so hard, testing and implementing. :circle-of-love:

Thanks for the update, Since I don't have a compatible device to link to I
Had to go into the Preferences to turn the

"PUSH NOTIFICATION" OFF

Needed to get rid of the annoying bar at the bottom of the page that wanted me to
set it up.

Just thought I would mention it in case its bothering anyone else ;)

So, since I cant turn push notifications on, that means that my mobile (2017 model, android) with Chrome doesn't support it?
@Marc Ocean can you answer this question?

AngryBird, are you on the latest version of Chrome?

I THINK this is just for desktop browsers, not phones, but I'm not sure.

Marc should be able to shed some light on the subject for us.

So, since I cant turn push notifications on, that means that my mobile (2017 model, android) with Chrome doesn't support it?
I'll send you a PM asking for more information.

@Marc Ocean can you answer this question?

AngryBird, are you on the latest version of Chrome?

I THINK this is just for desktop browsers, not phones, but I'm not sure.

Marc should be able to shed some light on the subject for us.
:thanks: We are working on it

Can I put in a request here? I'd like an "Order by date" option to be in the quick search box. That's the only place "Search this thread" is an choice.

When I search for a word in my thread, the results are all by "Relevance" which doesn't help me find the recent ones. And there's no way to search in a specific thread in Advanced Search, which is where Date is an option.

Can I put in a request here? I'd like an "Order by date" option to be in the quick search box. That's the only place "Search this thread" is an choice.

When I search for a word in my thread, the results are all by "Relevance" which doesn't help me find the recent ones. And there's no way to search in a specific thread in Advanced Search, which is where Date is an option.
I've reported this for discussion with our team. Ironically, I brought this up a week or two ago. Just can't remember the outcome, so we'll get back to you with an answer soon. :thanks:

Maybe so but I'm sure it would increase the activity on the website.
Thank you for your suggestion, that's a great assumption. However after 26 years of running this website, we think we have things figured out a bit. Chat rooms actually take away from building activity, as the conversation is in real time only. There are no threads and posts leftover to comment on anymore, the conversation is over and gone. Whereas with threads and posts, people can get involved learning and replying for days, weeks, months, even years later. Chat rooms kill forums when everyone posts in the chat rooms, instead of creating historical threads. This might work better for you, it's just not something we are interested in doing for the overall good of everyone. :thanks:

Thank you for your suggestion, that's a great assumption. However after 26 years of running this website, we think we have things figured out a bit. Chat rooms actually take away from building activity, as the conversation is in real time only. There are no threads and posts leftover to comment on anymore, the conversation is over and gone. Whereas with threads and posts, people can get involved learning and replying for days, weeks, months, even years later. Chat rooms kill forums when everyone posts in the chat rooms, instead of creating historical threads. This might work better for you, it's just not something we are interested in doing for the overall good of everyone. :thanks:

You abolsoutly right, why make things better for the people that use this site. Makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom