Website Upgrade: New Features

I have just noticed that the active alerts do not all grey out after seeing the list the first time, but only as you actually go to each of the individual forums. This is much appreciated as sometimes I get as many as 30 notifications of threads that have changed since I last looked at them, and this makes it much easier to go through that list and see which threads I need to still visit and which ones I am caught up on. Thank you again!

In Preferences, find Persistent Alerts Enabled. Uncheck it and save.

You can disable emails entirely for specific threads in your watch list here - https://www.420magazine.com/community/watched/threads

Tick the threads and select Disable email notification from the dropdown menu at the top-right of the screen.
hey Marc, the Persistent alert is unchecked already.
When i go to the watched threads i don't see disable email notif. only unwatch button

anyone know where the option is to uncheck the notification with email to every post or tread. My email address is full of every action taken. I tried looking in profile/preference and i can't seem to see anything about email notifications
Hi PK

Under the alerts menu you will see a ‘Preferences’ option. In there you can turn on/off emails.
17307A74-F0E1-4BC2-A8AA-CF56E09F0632.jpeg

In there are some other options to uncheck ...
D2085352-33DE-4CA8-BF0E-29EF3B78037B.jpeg

Don’t forget to save!

Hope that helps.

that option is not visible on the online version. I take you are using the app?>

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 33
I have just noticed that the active alerts do not all grey out after seeing the list the first time, but only as you actually go to each of the individual forums. This is much appreciated as sometimes I get as many as 30 notifications of threads that have changed since I last looked at them, and this makes it much easier to go through that list and see which threads I need to still visit and which ones I am caught up on. Thank you again!
Imagine having a hundred each time you login, this is a life saver for me as well

Not sure where it is or how to navigate to it on the desktop version. I’ll get a back to you if I get any time on the computer to have a look.
Or, have you sorted it already?
i found the email notification option and its not checked marked but im still getting emails. @Marc Ocean ideas?

i found the email notification option and its not checked marked but im still getting emails. @Marc Ocean ideas?
If you're still getting email notifications from threads you watch, go to your watched threads list and disable email notifications for the ones you want.

watched.png

watched2.png

I've seen some odd things to lately with member info. PK1 is now PK, unless he requested a change, and beez0404 has lost his avatar. Maybe it's nothing but I thought I would point it out.
Username looks like it was edited manually by @420 today.

You'll have to contact @beez0404 about why he removed his avatar. This change was made yesterday.

Hi @Marc Ocean . A few minutes ago, I received this error (in Firefox) :

Corrupted Content Error

The site at HashGirl 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat in ProMix has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

• Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I tried loading a couple other threads (from my subscribed threads list), and received similar error pages. Decided to wait and see if it would resolve on its own. Which it did (or else you fixed it). However, I figured you should be informed of it.

Username looks like it was edited manually by @420 today.

You'll have to contact @beez0404 about why he removed his avatar. This change was made yesterday.
PK requested it, no idea about that avatar.

Hey Marc, I must have buggered up some setting or other and broke the notification thing on my end. I think the number was "1" but it gave me 25 notifications. What do I need to change to get it to start showing the right ones again? I don't remember changing any of them! But it's all messed up, so I must have done something.

Hey Marc, I must have buggered up some setting or other and broke the notification thing on my end. I think the number was "1" but it gave me 25 notifications. What do I need to change to get it to start showing the right ones again? I don't remember changing any of them! But it's all messed up, so I must have done something.
Try marking them as read or reading through them all to fix it. We're aware of the issue already.

Hi folks.

I wonder if anyone else is having this issue:
Used to be we could type a ‘:’ followed by the first letters of the code for an emoticon and a litttle menu would appear that you could select the desired emoji from (eg you could type ‘:laug’ and the options for laughing emojis would appear as a drop-down list to choose from).
The last few days this is not happening for me. I don’t think anything has changed at my end. Has something changed in the software, or a box that got unintentionally unchecked in the upgrade, maybe?

Hi folks.

I wonder if anyone else is having this issue:
Used to be we could type a ‘:’ followed by the first letters of the code for an emoticon and a litttle menu would appear that you could select the desired emoji from (eg you could type ‘:laug’ and the options for laughing emojis would appear as a drop-down list to choose from).
The last few days this is not happening for me. I don’t think anything has changed at my end. Has something changed in the software, or a box that got unintentionally unchecked in the upgrade, maybe?
gdf.png

Back
Top Bottom