Website Upgrade: New Features

So, this is the text that appears when I try to link to a post (yours)

And when I delete it, there is nothing left

I edited my “check” post again when I saw it didn’t work, but then this glitch when I paste back to the post.
I can link to the top of a page from the URL in the browser copy/paste, but not to a specific post, eg: random photo dumps.
Kind of a pain, but not much. If you think it works it probably does.
Thanks.

@Marc Ocean I thought I would mention this since it’s been ongoing for months now. It’s not a real problem, but more just a quirk.

When post a link to another post, the preview text that appears in that link is not associated with what I actually linked to.

Understand what I mean? As an example here is a link to the last post I made on my journal.

Within that post I link to an older post in the journal. The preview text that is displayed for me is nothing to do with what i actually linked to.

The link itself actually works fine and takes me where I want to go- just that the preview is from some other post completely.

And likewise the text in the link I posted here says something completely different from what it should.

@Marc Ocean I thought I would mention this since it’s been ongoing for months now. It’s not a real problem, but more just a quirk.
When post a link to another post, the preview text that appears in that link is not associated with what I actually linked to.
Understand what I mean? As an example here is a link to the last post I made on my journal.
Within that post I link to an older post in the journal. The preview text that is displayed for me is nothing to do with what i actually linked to.
The link itself actually works fine and takes me where I want to go- just that the preview is from some other post completely.
And likewise the text in the link I posted here says something completely different from what it should.
It takes the top of the page as the preview text. For a forum link it's not very helpful, but for a webpage it should give you an idea of what the page is about. Like this:

If you don't like the preview you can always edit the post and change it to unfurl="false"

I'm having an issue with this right now. Almost every post that I 'Like' this message is coming up. When I post it comes up, and will cause a double post if I post again.

1614556680898.png

We are currently upgrading the backend server software, things might get weird for a few minutes and we may have to reboot again at some point. I'll let you know when we're done. Meanwhile, please post anything out of the ordinary you encounter :thanks:

Once we're done, it would be good for everyone to clear cache.

By the way, we resolved the disappearing attachments issue and also the search issue delivering wrong results.

Right now it appears to be back to normal. :thanks:
I'll clear the cache jic.
Wait until we're done to do that, or at least do it again when we're done, I'll let you know.

Its happening to me too, even after clearing the cache, logging out and back in, and being very hopeful when I hit Post reply. The error that pops up appears to be nothing but an illusion however, because if I refresh the screen, the message that I just sent is actually there, despite the ominous error. I am sure you guys will figure it out! Good luck! :love:

Now we're done!

Everyone please test all working features like uploads to the gallery, attachments, posts, pms, tagging, watching, following, push notifications, email notifications, alerts, etc. :thanks:

We had to reboot the servers today to get the full effect of our upgrades over the weekend. During the process, two of our fans went out in one server and the data techs plugged the wrong cable into the wrong port when putting it all back together. This brought us down for about half an hour, but all is well. We will reboot one last time sometime today or tonight, to ensure everything is working smoothly moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom