Website Upgrade: New Features

Yes, same thing. It's most likely your TOR browser. We host our servers in Canada to protect us all, so you really don't need one. We've never once had a call, letter or visit from law enforcement in almost thirty years, because we have and enforce such strict guidelines to keep us all safe.
I'm going to take your word for that, I like to float under the radar, so to speak...but I am screaming now that I'm just running through the chrome browser and no TOR...I do like my anonymity though :snowboating:

I'm going to take your word for that, I like to float under the radar, so to speak...but I am screaming now that I'm just running through the chrome browser and no TOR...I do like my anonymity though :snowboating:
Nice to know !! I just figure enverything we/one post can be retrieved by any government/city agency if needed -- that's just the way it is here in cyber-space !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The front page seems to be down at the moment. I'm sure you're aware but incase not.
page_down.png

Looks like it wasn't loading, most likely a modem, router or network issue on the member's end.

This happens to me sometimes when my WIFI gets spotty.

I've got two questions, and I know the first one has been mentioned a bit but I haven't seen the answer:

1. Is there a way to have alerts show up for new posts even if I haven't been to that thread recently? I find if I'm not able to read up during the weekend (but I do go through my alerts), by Monday morning I might only have 3 alerts, even though I have 45 unread threads to catch up on, and probably 20 since last time I cleared them.

I am aware that my sub list will show read and unread, but I want the alerts to always be on. "There may be more posts after this" just doesn't cut it for me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

2. In the old days, we were able to visit a user's profile page and see a list of all threads by that user. Can that be brought back?

I've got two questions, and I know the first one has been mentioned a bit but I haven't seen the answer:

1. Is there a way to have alerts show up for new posts even if I haven't been to that thread recently? I find if I'm not able to read up during the weekend (but I do go through my alerts), by Monday morning I might only have 3 alerts, even though I have 45 unread threads to catch up on, and probably 20 since last time I cleared them.

I am aware that my sub list will show read and unread, but I want the alerts to always be on. "There may be more posts after this" just doesn't cut it for me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

2. In the old days, we were able to visit a user's profile page and see a list of all threads by that user. Can that be brought back?
1. Enable "Persistent Alerts" in your settings

2. @Marc Ocean is this a feature of the new software?

2. Go to the member's profile -> Find -> Find all threads by <Username>

I have a question (apologies if this has been asked before):

Is there a way to code a link to a post/pic on this site to open in a new tab like off-site links do? I know that we can change unfurl to false if we don't want the first post on a page to be the preview, but I would like my links not to force people to use the Back button to pick up where they left off.

This link makes you leave this page:

but this link opens in a new tab:

and this hides the preview:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/intheshed-grows-inside-out-jump-in-any-time.417558/

but needs to be edited after posting.

Internal site links don't open new tabs on purpose, because you're on the same site. Most sites are like this.

Offsite links open new windows, that's normal as well.

If we changed the programming to open new tabs every time you clicked on a link to a thread, you might have a hundred tabs open in an hour. Just doesn't make any sense in my mind.

If you can give us some more solid reasoning other than you would like it, we're listening :thanks:

I do thousands of these daily, when you want to make a link open a new tab...

Right Click Mouse on Link > Open link in new tab

Thanks Rob! That's more work on a phone than a computer (I do wonder what your stats say about mobile vs computer visitors).

And I'm not asking for the default coding to make a new tab for each link any more than I want the unfurl to default to false. I was just wondering if there was a piece of HTML coding I could put in this to make is happen:
URL unfurl="true"]https://www.420.../[/URL

Thanks Rob! That's more work on a phone than a computer (I do wonder what your stats say about mobile vs computer visitors).

And I'm not asking for the default coding to make a new tab for each link any more than I want the unfurl to default to false. I was just wondering if there was a piece of HTML coding I could put in this to make is happen:
URL unfurl="true"]https://www.420.../[/URL
Hmmm, you have a point on desktop vs mobile.

I do use desktop primarily when doing most of my work because it's much easier, and only mobile when I'm away from the office. There are more mobile users these days than desktop, it's a little over half, so now you have more of my attention.

I'm not versed yet on "unfurl to default to false" or know what piece of code could be used to achieve this, so I'll call in the big guns to assist us on this one @Marc Ocean and maybe we can figure this out, or at least understand it better :thanks:

I'm not versed yet on "unfurl to default to false" or know what piece of code could be used to achieve this,
When you link to a post or page, it will preview the first text on that page rather than the post you linked to. That can get confusing to folks wondering why you're linking to something completely unrelated.

If you click edit on your post and look at the HTML, you will see this:
1.JPG

That is what the first link I posted to my journal is above, which has the preview.

In the second link, I changed "true" to "false":
2.JPG

And that gives you the second link I posted, where it's just a link and not a preview.

Oh okay, never mind then! I thought maybe there was a hidden code like there was for the true/false thing.

:thanks: Marc!
On mobile, you should be able to just press and hold down on the link to bring up a menu and select the option to open it in a new tab. Just like how you'd right-click and choose the option to open the link in a new tab on desktop.

Back
Top Bottom