Website Upgrade: New Features

Can I put in a request here? I'd like an "Order by date" option to be in the quick search box. That's the only place "Search this thread" is an choice.

When I search for a word in my thread, the results are all by "Relevance" which doesn't help me find the recent ones. And there's no way to search in a specific thread in Advanced Search, which is where Date is an option.
I'm going to bump this request since it's been a few months. If I want it and Rob wants it, it's got to be good!

Thanks staff I actually love the feature to hold down and love or laugh at something lol

Cheers for all your work and love to help us keep in touch .

Green thumb for life !

I'm going to bump this request since it's been a few months. If I want it and Rob wants it, it's got to be good!

@Marc Ocean where are we on this, did we ever figure this out?

I know I have a few tabs still open for this, just can't remember where we left off.

A little about it here, might help our discussion, if we need member feedback. :thanks:

Where did the sponsors page get moved to? can't find the link....

Are news articles no longer able to be commented on? can't find that either?

Also a suggestion for a future forum discussion topic area: Legal cannabis: laws, regulations, and more.. (by state). ***basically a place where folks in the legal industry can discuss current events, legislation, regulations..etc...

Where did the sponsors page get moved to? can't find the link....
One of the Mods recently had the same question - and it was the same reason. ;) "Sponsor" is a keyword for ad blockers.

Are news articles no longer able to be commented on? can't find that either?
Comments on the Home Page are currently disabled because of tsunamis of spam. :nerd-with-glasses:

Also a suggestion for a future forum discussion topic area: Legal cannabis: laws, regulations, and more.. (by state). ***basically a place where folks in the legal industry can discuss current events, legislation, regulations..etc...
We have 420 LEGAL ACTION. There is not enough legal traffic to justify sub-segmenting by State, however there's this too for specific State discussions - U.S.A.

One of the Mods recently had the same question - and it was the same reason. ;) "Sponsor" is a keyword for ad blockers.

Comments on the Home Page are currently disabled because of tsunamis of spam. :nerd-with-glasses:

We have 420 LEGAL ACTION. There is not enough legal traffic to justify sub-segmenting by State, however there's this too for specific State discussions - U.S.A.

Thanks Teddy! As always appreciate the forums and the staff!

Can I put in a request here? I'd like an "Order by date" option to be in the quick search box. That's the only place "Search this thread" is an choice.

When I search for a word in my thread, the results are all by "Relevance" which doesn't help me find the recent ones. And there's no way to search in a specific thread in Advanced Search, which is where Date is an option.
Bumping this again :).

ad blockers.
I turn my add blockers off on 420 ;)
Bumping this again :).

Yes I was thinking about this recently too.

Maybe it’s hard to introduce a function where we can change how it’s ordered post search.

But, maybe it’s easy to change the default setting so the system gives the results ordered by date - for in thread searches. That would be a start and to me would be more useful than the ‘relevance’ way it’s done ATM.

This site is probably database driven. It's easy to order search results (SELECT something FROM table(s) ORDER BY criteria ASCending | DESCending; ).

When I wrote websites I often sent the data to the browser in a table form, along with a data manipulation script. Re-sorting the data was a fairly easy task. This approach offloads quite a bit of the computation to the browsers. The hardest part was compatibility with multiple browsers. Does anyone else remember the IE / Netscape browser wars from the mid '90s? They are still in progress today.

I wondered that - that it might be less easy than we think to give us the option to reorder.

But is that second option i suggested before something you’d look into/consider? Just having the default search within ‘this thread’ results be ordered by date automatically instead.

There must be a setting where that gets dictated. I suppose it’s a matter of what level of access is required to change it - webmaster or at the actual designer/coding level. Is it something you’re looking into? :Namaste:

IE / Netscape browser wars from the mid '90s?
:D Netscape composer helped me build my first website ...

By the way.. I wan to give a big virtual Hug to all of the staff and Mods of this site! You guys and gals are truly awesome in providing this invaluable resource to help tens of thousands of people learn to grow, learn about the industry and share their love for cannabis! Thank you Thank you!!!

This approach offloads quite a bit of the computation to the browsers.

And you look at that as a good thing? Websites doing their best to force people's browsers to run scripts locally is half the reason things run so sluggishly (and CPUs heat up) on low-performance computers, and why using an old one can be a nightmare.

You want to buy us all decent hardware, lol?

Back
Top Bottom