Website Upgrade: New Features

Can you clarify that, please? I just did a sample and played around with the BB code tags a bit before posting, toggling back and forth between "WYSIWYG" editing and the plain version whilst doing so. Then I posted the message and did a quick edit (again toggling the option in between making slight changes to my BB code tags and such).

Everything seemed fine, but I might not have been trying to do whatever it is that you're encountering issues with, I suppose.

EDIT: I just did another edit, changing the font selection of the word "brown," changing its size, and changing the color from brown to chocolate; again, toggling the "BB Code" option in the midst of making changes. Everything seemed fine (with the exception of that color not looking like "chocolate" to me :rolleyes: ). I'll go back and try sienna and, if I don't like that, I'll go with saddlebrown.

Additional EDIT: I did just notice that if I edit a post after the slight time period when there's no "Last edited:" notice attached, and then go back and view the post shortly afterwards... Instead of stating "Last edited: A moment ago," it displays "Last edited: In a moment."

Which left me wondering, "How did it know that I was about to make more changes," LMFAO. Then, a short time later, it switched to (the correct) "...A moment ago." Not a problem, just f*cking weird.

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

I don't know if you edited that in BB code. If so this may be browser dependent. I'm using FiireFox on Win7.

Checked IE11 - OK
Checked Chrome - OK

This is browser dependent.

Toggling to BB code is now broken. At a minimum we can't see the cursor. We can't highlight sections of the code for editing. If we move the mouse cursor and left click, we can add or remove text at that point, but the cursor for the message box is not in sync with the mouse cursor.
It works fine for me on Windows 10 Google Chrome.

Try using a private browsing mode (eg. incognito mode) or clear cache/cookies and see what happens.

It works fine for me on Windows 10 Google Chrome.

Try using a private browsing mode (eg. incognito mode) or clear cache/cookies and see what happens.

Chrome works, but Firefox does not.

full

I also tried it in a Private Window with the same results.

Chrome works, but Firefox does not.

full

I also tried it in a Private Window with the same results.
I'm able to move the cursor just fine in FireFox too. This reply was typed up in FireFox and I've toggled WYSIWYG mode with the plain text mode. This might be a local issue. Can you try using another computer to see what happens, if possible?

I'm able to move the cursor just fine in FireFox too. This reply was typed up in FireFox and I've toggled WYSIWYG mode with the plain text mode. This might be a local issue. Can you try using another computer to see what happens, if possible?

I'll do that tomorrow as I need to install Firefox on it.

Ill toss this out here

With all the Social Distancing, many more peeps are chatting and socializing here than normal

I'm wondering @420 and @Marc Ocean

Is the 60sec timer for posting adjustable in any way....

Meaning

1. In DMs, reduce to like 20sec, since u can't DM without 50 posts

2. For existing, longer tender members, reduce the time, to say 20sec

For normal threads the 60sec is probably fine, unless u can edit it like in option 2 above

Just tossing it out there guys... Lots going on in the world...and lots of good chatter here lately

Graciass

The time limit is set across the board for everyone and everything to limit spamming, recruiting and hyper aggressive people irritating members.

I have a request. I figure the thing is either a simple configuration setting that'd be easy to change or it's hard-coded and impossible to change - so, either way, not much work, lol.

Can some of the additional BBCode tags be enabled? Specifically, the and ones? With those, it would be a lot easier to type: 24 ft.2 to get 24 ft.² Ca(NO3)2 to get CA(NO₃)₂ et cetera.

@Teddy Edwards @Marc Ocean
If there is someone that puts you on ignore, is there a way to remove their journal from your watch list and alerts? I can see when people post on his journal and I find it beyond annoying.
I've tried ignoring them to see if it will stop it. It doesn't.

@Teddy Edwards @Marc Ocean
If there is someone that puts you on ignore, is there a way to remove their journal from your watch list and alerts? I can see when people post on his journal and I find it beyond annoying.
I've tried ignoring them to see if it will stop it. It doesn't.
Does checking the box next to the thread and then going to Manage Watched Threads and clicking Stop Watching Threads work? Might be computer only though.

Does checking the box next to the thread and then going to Manage Watched Threads and clicking Stop Watching Threads work? Might be computer only though.
No. It doesn't. I can't find him there. I can only see the stupid alerts at the top of the page.

Back
Top Bottom