'Wedding Doobie' Lights Way For Prince Of Pot's Nuptials

Marianne

Marc Emery, Canada's so-called Prince of Pot, got married Sunday to a woman who apparently doesn't mind the idea that her new husband could spend large parts of their marriage in court or in jail as part of his mission to legalize marijuana.

"I will support him no matter what happens in any situation," Jodie Emery, 21, said shortly after the wedding. "I'm just so happy right now to be married to him."

She said she married Emery, who has been arrested 21 times, knowing full well he may spend many years in a U.S. jail.

Emery, 48, heads the B.C. Marijuana Party and publishes Cannabis Culture magazine. He is currently charged with selling marijuana seeds to Americans through the mail, conspiracy to manufacture pot and conspiracy to engage in money laundering.

He was arrested last July along with Michelle Rainey-Fenkarek and Greg Williams after police raided Emery's pot paraphernalia store in Vancouver following an 18-month investigation by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

The wedding ceremony took place under a white tent in the city's Queen Elizabeth Park, where about 100 guests sat in suits and dresses continually passing around joints.

Blue sunny skies and a garden full of flowers were the backdrop for the nuptials.

"I can't imagine a more perfect day," said Emery.

After the ceremony the bride, wearing a long, white strapless wedding dress, lit up what she called a "wedding doobie."

The Emerys then shared, in front of a crowd of media, their first joint as husband and wife, inhaling the smoke and then kissing each other.

"I am so lucky to be married to such a young and beautiful woman," said Emery.

When asked how the two will cope if he gets extradited to the U.S., Emery said he was upbeat and positive.

Newshawk: Happykid - 420 Magazine
Source: Edmonton Journal (CN AB)
Author: Canadian Press
Copyright: 2006 The Canadian Press

chameleon140 said:
The U.S. DEA was investigating in Canada? Why do we even have borders then? What's the purpose of countries? Can someone who knows more about this than me, please explain it to me, because
I'm really perplexed....
:

Yeah, it's really sad. I don't know if you know much about the dude, but he could go to US prison because he sold seeds to US citizans. That's so stupid. Roman Planski, the director, had sex with a 14 year old girl in the US and can't come to the US because he'll be arrested. He has to make his movies in other countries. It's not like the feds couldn't find him if they wanted to. Hollywood knows where he is at all times pretty much. But France or wherever he is wouldn't allow the US to arrest someone on their soil. Canada shouldn't either. Especially for something so rediculous.

Back
Top Bottom