WEED 2: Cannabis Madness: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports"

The General

WEED 2: Cannabis Madness: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports" Premieres on CNN Tuesday, March 11 at 10 pm ET After sparking a national debate with his acclaimed documentary Weed, and op-ed "Why I changed my mind on weed," CNN's chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta delves deeper into the challenges of legalizing medical marijuana. Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports, premiering Tuesday, March 11th at 10 pm ET, looks at U.S. federal laws that consider marijuana a drug with no medicinal value and serious scientists who say they're wrong. It is the politics of pot - the politicians vs. the patients.

Legal in 20 states plus the District of Columbia, limited access to medicinal marijuana has caused significant battles between legislators and qualified patients seeking this type of treatment. Vivian Wilson, a 2-year-old girl suffering from chronic seizures, is one of those patients. Wilson made headlines in 2013 when her father confronted New Jersey Governor Chris Christie pleading "please don't let my daughter die" and imploring him to legalize medical marijuana in the state.

In the one-hour documentary, Gupta gets exclusive access to the journey of Vivian's family who, along with many patients, are willing to do anything to get medical marijuana and face many legal challenges along the way. He meets with dozens of families dubbed "medical marijuana refugees" who have moved to Colorado, where pot is legal, to get medical marijuana for their sick children. Gupta also examines disparities in the U.S. government's research into the benefits of medical marijuana and reports on groundbreaking discoveries in other countries. Gupta's investigation takes him around the world looking for answers, including a rare inside look at a pharmaceutical company in the United Kingdom that is the only one in the world turning pot into a prescription drug.

Weeds21.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com
Author: Amanda Kondolojy
Website: ?Weed 2: Cannabis Madness: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports? Premieres on CNN Tuesday, March 11 at 10 pm ET

I was reading this on the CNN website: Don't miss "Weed 2: Cannabis Madness: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Reports," at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday. Also, Dr. Gupta will be answering your questions on Reddit at noon ET Tuesday.
Might be interesting to participate. I like the way he said that we should stop using the name "marijuana" and refer to it as "cannabis" because of the negative image. I once did a paper in college on how much damage was done to this medicine by one man, Harry Anslinger,and one film, "reefer madness."

Back
Top Bottom