Weed Culture and attitude in your area?

ycuzican

Where I spent most of my life, in north central Vermont, everybody is very open about it. People will smoke it just about anytime, anywhere. Even the people who don't smoke are usually very cool about it. Growing, selling and availability are common public conversations. It seems quite 'norml', there.:Rasta::clap:

I now live in Pa, just outside of Elmira, NY. Everyone here seems to be very uptight and scared about talking about pot, unless they know you really well. It feels like everyone thinks you are a rat. :thedoubletake: It's tough to find a bar where you can go out back and light up.

I'm about to move to the Lancaster/York, Pa. area. Any one know what it will be like, there?

What's it like where you live?

I have been to Lancaster on many occasions when I lived in Philly. I don't know what the cannabis culture is there as you are in the midst of Amish country. There are lots of good places to fulfill your munchie needs in the heart of Dutch country. Smoke a doobie, eat a sho fly pie and watch the buggies by.

PA is still as back assward as they come. One of the oldest places in the country, with little or no movement toward medicinal or recreational laws being passed.

The same people that allowed this funked up mess of a country to get this bad, still live here. They act like they are the only people in the world that know how to live right.

The other really sad fact is they are against anyone that doesn't think like they do, and everything wrong with the state gets blamed on people that move here from NY and Jersey. They are truly sheep here, and there is no hope till all the old people die.

I get sick of people that have failed in their duty to better the America we live in for our children, having a voice in what happens in my future. Hemp could save this god forsaken state, but they do not want to listen. Even with facts on how much more money they can make growing something other than feed corn and soy, they don't give a shit, as long as they get their subsidies and property tax breaks. Then they blame everything on "Entitlement programs", minorities and illegal immigrants. They are sad little people, sorry :)

I can make observations like this because I have lived in 9 states, from coast to coast, and not all places are so self serving and righteous.

most of the younger people are open about pot its you just have to find them. as long as you're not a blabber mouth you could get away with growing and making some great connects. shit I am moving to lancaster in about 5 months. I cant wait!!!

All I have to say is Colorado:cheesygrinsmiley:

Can't speak for the rest of Pennsylvania, but I remember visiting a small coal-mining town there when I was a younger. Row houses everywhere. My friend and I were walking down the street and we smelled herb from nearly every fourth house we walked by. I think what they say and what they do may be two different things....

:bongrip: Peace

What's it like in Colorado? I would have though they'd be less accepting of MJ since that's a conservative state.

I used to live in Allentown, I knew a lot of smokers.I can't say whether or not it was acceptable my non-smokers since I don't know if I really knew of any ( except myself at the time, I was open just not participating).

I would go insane in lancaster, I need a city. There is a buffet there called shady maples- it is huge and the food is good. Go there high!!

I'm in Philly now and I usually only talk about pot with people I know are smokers or I can tell are smokers. I guess it depends on where I am at in Philly as well, there are certain places that you just know they will be open about it, lol.

In Southern California the elected officials are very anti-cannabis, anti-smokeshop, and there are bans on mmj dispensaries in many counties. But the attitude of the people is radically different than their elected officails (figures). You will be in a grocery store and over hear conversations about picking up "dank". Certain drugs are also somewhat socially acceptable but the rest are looked down at. Some neigborhoods reek of cannabis both fresh and burnt.

On the flip side there is still people who believe that cannabis kills brain cells and causes cancer and will argue till they are out of breath as well as GOP voters and the straight-edge scene who are always adamantly anti-cannabis.

Does anyone else see a rise in the straight-edge scene? It is very popular in the high schools around here. The ONDCP loves this fad, they even did a straight -edge PSA.

I used to live in PA just outside of Elmira, NY. I lived in Gillett up on top of a mountain lol. I worked in Elmira the entire time I lived there and eventually found a hookup at my job. There definitely are people that do it there, but it doesn't seem like as many do there as in IL or WI. I would say where I live now, most of the people I know either smoke weed or are cool with smoking. The main people I notice that have a problem with it are people over 40. Then again, I've had many smokes with 50+ yr olds so that's a vague generalization.

What's it like in Colorado? I would have though they'd be less accepting of MJ since that's a conservative state.

Paradise:Rasta: Pretty much burn anywhere, anytime, anyday. :smokin:

:peace:

Not to mention, its legal in Denver if your 21 or older to posses up to an oz. A ticket everywhere else, unless your a mmj patient:cheesygrinsmiley:

:peace:

I smoke with my dad. We're both born in Florida, and he grew up in the hippie culture. I think he was born in 1956. My mom use to smoke, but she hasn't for years. She not against it, but she doesn't smoke it. About half the people I know smoke weed, the other half is against it.

Back
Top Bottom