Weed Infused Coconut Oil?

Taste, and texture would be the main reasons to remove it.

I press my flower, and add the rosin to the coconut oil. I can get much stronger infusions this way.
Do you think pressing is the most efficient way to separate the thc?
I know that it will be stronger but I have a question so I can determine if it's worth it.

Let's take 2oz. of flower. One of the oz. you press for the rosin and infuse that into the oil, and the other oz. you infuse the flower in the oil. Assuming you get the same amount of oil from both and you put them in 00 capsules - which will be stronger?

Thanks, and I hope you understand my question

With pressed rosin or any other extract, you can add as much as you need to the coconut oil. As far as which method gets the highest cannadinoid return, I just don't know. I don't want to use alcohol for extractions, as I know from experience that I'll abuse it. I grow enough that if I had more from alcohol extractions, I wouldn't need it. Currently I have enough for 18 months. A failed grow would not stress me.

I grow enough
Oh man I am reaaaaallly hoping I will be at that point in about a month and a half!!!! I am in the process of building a press and looking forward to experimenting with lots of methods and not being stressed about a little wastage!!
Please, please, please, may the force be with me!!!!

With pressed rosin or any other extract, you can add as much as you need to the coconut oil. As far as which method gets the highest cannadinoid return, I just don't know. I don't want to use alcohol for extractions, as I know from experience that I'll abuse it. I grow enough that if I had more from alcohol extractions, I wouldn't need it. Currently I have enough for 18 months. A failed grow would not stress me.
I like the idea of having a large enough stock pile to last through a failed grow...personal goal set!:thumb:

Do you think pressing is the most efficient way to separate the thc?
I know that it will be stronger but I have a question so I can determine if it's worth it.
Hey Mick - my thinking is that rosin or oil is easier to keep and is possibly more versatile than dry weed. I would not be discarding the pressed material - it would be used somewhere.

Hey Mick - my thinking is that rosin or oil is easier to keep and is possibly more versatile than dry weed. I would not be discarding the pressed material - it would be used somewhere.

I've never used a press to make rosin and I was curious whether this is the best way to extract the thc from the plant matter? I don't smoke any more - I make canna capsules from the flower - just looking for the most efficient way to retrieve the most thc.

Back
Top Bottom