This is what I found off the inter web.

everyone knows that "cannabis use affects appetite," no one really understood "about how or why."
"By studying exposure to cannabis plant matter," Davis continued, "the most widely consumed form, we're finding genetic and physiological events in the body that allow cannabis to turn eating behavior on or off."
To cut to the chase: ghrelin is a hormone that controls hunger. Cannabis boosts ghrelin, and according to Davis it then leads to "more frequent, small meals," though there is "a delay before it takes effect."
So there you go, it's a hormonal thing. If experts learn how to harness that mechanism, it could one day help anyone suffering from illness-induced anorexia.

Hey! Welcome to the site by the way! Are you growing anything? :thumb:

This is what I found off the inter web.

everyone knows that "cannabis use affects appetite," no one really understood "about how or why."
"By studying exposure to cannabis plant matter," Davis continued, "the most widely consumed form, we're finding genetic and physiological events in the body that allow cannabis to turn eating behavior on or off."
To cut to the chase: ghrelin is a hormone that controls hunger. Cannabis boosts ghrelin, and according to Davis it then leads to "more frequent, small meals," though there is "a delay before it takes effect."
So there you go, it's a hormonal thing. If experts learn how to harness that mechanism, it could one day help anyone suffering from illness-induced anorexia.

Hey! Welcome to the site by the way! Are you growing anything? :thumb:

Yo that was super helpful, I knew it had to do with phisiology but to be honest l didn't know about the hormone, thanks.

Thanks for the welcome too, I'm an amateur indoor growing who is just getting started I have two little seedlings of blue cheese and northern lights, what about yourself?

Varies on the Strain or type also (heavy Sativa different than a heavy Indica and 50/50 Hybrids can be all over the place), along with the added variable of "everyone is different/has varying results' ;) :rofl: Least for me anyway some amp me up enough I don't feel like eating until later, others I can't stop eating it feels like.

Personally I find that regardless of strain etc, as long as my first munch is something like fruit or a sandwich as apposed to a half kilo bag of chilli Cheetos then I don't munch.

My scienceless belief based on nothing other than my own perceptions is that many strains make you hungry as a side effect.
Wether it gives you the munchies, where all you do is eat chocolate, crisps and deep fried things. Or a healthy appetite for decent food is entirely down to user choice.

Stop buying shite foods and you'll be forced to eat healthy stuff when you get "da munch" . Your desires for sweeties and crap will quickly turn to something decent to eat that fills you up :)

The munchies ceases to be a relentless hunger and can finally be satisfied.

For a hydro grower I'm pretty fussy about what I eat lol.

I read that smoking, and probably eating, cannabis has an effect on our sense of smell. The way a food smells is a big influence on whether we think it tastes good.

Stop buying shite foods and you'll be forced to eat healthy stuff when you get "da munch" . Your desires for sweeties and crap will quickly turn to something decent to eat that fills you up :)

In trying to avoid junk foods I started planning ahead. We keep more fresh fruits on hand than ever before. If something is on sale we freeze them. Sometimes I will continue with the plan and roll one up, take some frozen grapes and sweet cherries from the freezer, cut up a small block of a decent cheese, and maybe grab an apple and put them on the table. Then light up the joint and if the munchies start to hit the frozen fruit is thawed but still cold and the cheese is room temp. Slice the apple real thin and maybe a slice of quality rye bread.

Yo that was super helpful, I knew it had to do with phisiology but to be honest l didn't know about the hormone, thanks.

Thanks for the welcome too, I'm an amateur indoor growing who is just getting started I have two little seedlings of blue cheese and northern lights, what about yourself?

I just finished growing a dark Angel and a blue Cookie, turned out pretty good. I started another batch with two dark Angel and one blue Cookie. Check it all out in my journal located in my signature below. :thumb:

Do you plan on starting a journal?

I heard it has to do with how the weed affects the metabolism. I'm a skinny guy, and smoke a lot of weed but never get the munchies. i cook for a living ffs lol. maybe that's why i don't want to eat all the time but it gets bad in summer when it's hot and i'll eat nothing until 10 or 11 pm. i have my first puff at around 10 am. NEVER munchies and it makes me sad

Back
Top Bottom