Weed Pollination

420moyase

420 Member
It got me thinking. What If I have various strain's pollens and pollinate 1 plant. Will it just take 1 strain's pollens or different buds can produce different strain's pollinated seeds?

It got me thinking. What If I have various strain's pollens and pollinate 1 plant. Will it just take 1 strain's pollens or different buds can produce different strain's pollinated seeds?
Whichever bud gets the pollen gets the strain but that could be different strains on one bud. Every pistil is a seed. If you were selectively pollenating the it's whatever you want. One branch could be 1 strain and another branch could be a different strain.
:passitleft:

Thank you

Whichever bud gets the pollen gets the strain but that could be different strains on one bud. Every pistil is a seed. If you were selectively pollenating the it's whatever you want. One branch could be 1 strain and another branch could be a different strain.
:passitleft:

I use a couple different males every time I breed and new girl for the garden to see how each mixes. I use paper bag with pollen over buds. I have done four different at one time. The only thing I can really recommend is putting a label on parts you do so at the end you don't stand there and say damb.

I use a couple different males every time I breed and new girl for the garden to see how each mixes. I use paper bag with pollen over buds. I have done four different at one time. The only thing I can really recommend is putting a label on parts you do so at the end you don't stand there and say damb.
I like tying a colour coded string to each branch I pollinate. I use a small paintbrush, or an old makeup brush from my gf. Colour coded strings on those too so I don't mix them up.

What do you guys find is the best way to collect the pollen?? I am keeping the male about a 20 minute walk back thru the bush. I got side tracked when I was checking him today - those doggone beavers had dammed things up again - poor little fella had wet feet so I had to dig him up and put him in a pot - I hope he dries out!!

I snip off the clusters of flowers that are about to open, or have an open one at the tip, into a paper bag with some corn starch in it to help keep the pollen dry. Shaking the bag gets the flowers that were about to open to release the pollen.
Or if he's small enough I tip the plant on to his side over a big piece of paper or plastic sheeting and tap the stem. Then mix the pollen with some corn starch for storage, or grab it right away with the brush if the female I want to polinate is in flower.

Thanx Jim - I went back this morning and snipped off about a 4" top - that still leaves more for later if needed - the gals are not quite ready. Damn beaver is still busy - poor little gal that is back there (I thought she might have nanners) is putting up with wet toes until I get rid of the little bugger!!

Back
Top Bottom