Welcome

I think you should get the hang of growing before starting to dabble in “weed science” but that’s just my opinion.

I couldn't agree with this more! I started the other way around as well, the science before the growing. Of course, I instantly hit the obvious problem.

Experimentation requires raw materials. Those get expensive really quick in our hobby. In particular, I feel like I was much less willing to take risks when I was paying for it, which stunted my learning. Now that I have pounds of my own stuff to play with, I experiment away, not caring if the resulting product is junk, if that helps me learn along the way. You know what they say, Success is on the Far Side of Failure!

I can't say very much at this point, but I've discovered a new type of concentrate. I make a tincture that gets you high with one drop. And I discovered a way to make water soluble thc. Gonna get patents, then I can say more. There's other stuff too but those are the big ones.
Patents? You come here looking for free well thought out and proven cannabis info, and then proceed to tell us you won't share... I think your disrespectful of the people and the vast amount of information already here. I'd change my approach.
:passitleft:

Yeah, but did you all know....

The energy needed to produce 2.2 pounds of marijuana indoors is equivalent to the amount of energy required to drive across the U.S. five times in a car that gets 44 miles to the gallon.

THC has always been soluble in water. However, it takes an unrealistic amount of water to do so.

There are a dozen emulsifiers and microbubble technology that also make it soluable in water, albiet you need to mask the taste/texture left over by the emulsifiers.

If you want to go HiTec, add a sugar molecure to a THC chain, it instantly becomes soluble in water. The science is already out there, and products already on the market. Just depends on what market you live it. I've already seen THC infused beer, poweder that you can mix with water based drinks, and ginger ale.
Thc is nonpolar. water is polar. thc is not water soluble. And all of those use other things that are water soluble, or they change the way it effects your body. this is all nature and more than just a little water soluble. A dose could be added to less than a ml of water

Patents? You come here looking for free well thought out and proven cannabis info, and then proceed to tell us you won't share... I think your disrespectful of the people and the vast amount of information already here. I'd change my approach.
:passitleft:
I'm mostly here to share my method of making rso. So yeah. I'm not sharing all my secrets

I couldn't agree with this more! I started the other way around as well, the science before the growing. Of course, I instantly hit the obvious problem.

Experimentation requires raw materials. Those get expensive really quick in our hobby. In particular, I feel like I was much less willing to take risks when I was paying for it, which stunted my learning. Now that I have pounds of my own stuff to play with, I experiment away, not caring if the resulting product is junk, if that helps me learn along the way. You know what they say, Success is on the Far Side of Failure!
What have you invented?

I've seen guys using tissue culture to grow! How well off are the benefits?

Tissue culture is used to propagate plants in a sterile environment. I've used it to propagate Venus fly traps. kitchenculturekit dot com is a good place to get your supplies. They also have an instructional video course on how to do this on a small scale. By small scale, I mean a few thousand plants. I used 2 and 4 oz baby food jars as my containers. I had 20 to 50 plants per jar. There are some challenges. You need to create a sterile environment, or all you'll get is black goop, and the plants need to be hardened off after removing them from the sterile environment, You can lose the entire batch if this is not done properly. There are forums dedicated to this propagation method.

The advantage is that you can produce many clones of your favorite plant more quickly than any other method. only a small select piece of the plant is required.

All very interesting. I have a cannabis science question.

What is the melting temperature of the raw cannabis oil within the trichomes?

All very interesting. I have a cannabis science question.

What is the melting temperature of the raw cannabis oil within the trichomes?

There isn't a single 'melting point.' The various substances in the trichomes melt at different temperatures. When pressing, we use temperatures between 180°F - 200°F (80°C - 95°C). At those temperatures the rosin flows relatively easily.

Thanks @oldsalt. That was what I was looking for. I've been making some home made hash, and experimenting with different methods to reduce the labour intensity.

Back
Top Bottom