Weed So Easy A Child Can Do It? By Farside05 & Son - OG, Sour D & White Widow

After a bit of a break, the tent is back open for business but under new management. Here is the deal. My son has an interest in relocating and working in a commercial greenhouse. I support him in his decision if he chooses to do so, but he doesn't have a bunch of experience. He's seen it done and has helped occasionally, but he's never been responsible for an entire grow. I've handed him the keys to the tent for this grow and he'll be in charge. I'm just here for some guidance and to act as a journalist.

Picking from the seeds I had on hand, he chose:

White Widow by Dinafem - feminized, photo period
OG Kush by Dinafem - feminized, photo period
Sour Diesel by Royal Queen - feminized, photo period

All the seeds were put into Jiffy pellets on 11/26 and 12/1 is Day 1 for the grow. On Day 2, the Jiffy plugs were transplanted into their final 5 gallon fabric containers and given their first drink of feed. Week 1's feed mix is 1/4 tsp Foliage Pro, 1/4 tsp Pro Tekt, adjusted with PH Down to 6.5 PH.

The other particulars:

32"x32" Grow tent
4 - Mars Hydro 300w LED lights (140w actual draw)
Dyna Gro nutrients mixed into Reverse Osmosis purified water
Pro Mix BX as the growing medium
27" tower fan for blowing on the plants
6" carbon filter connected to a 400cfm fan for exhaust, vented to outdoors

re: Weed So Easy A Child Can Do It? By Farside05 & Son - OG, Sour D & White Widow

I’m in, Dinafem Genetics are top shelf

Good to see you here Penny. I'll try to get some pics of the infants up later. They aren't real interesting at Day 3 though. I've had good success with Dinafem seeds and have grown more of them than any other companies. They seem to be ready to harvest right at the breeders spec date where I've had other breeders seeds go weeks longer than advertised.

re: Weed So Easy A Child Can Do It? By Farside05 & Son - OG, Sour D & White Widow

Day 3

White Widow
IMG_20171203_182821.jpg

Sour D
IMG_20171203_182833.jpg

OG
IMG_20171203_182847.jpg

Group
IMG_20171203_182902.jpg

:passitleft: can't wait..

I think he's got a good shot at besting me but he has his work cut out for him. I grew the OG and Sour D several grows ago (see signature) and did pretty well. He's got the advantage of only putting 3 in the cramped tent rather than the 4 plants I grew, so he'll have more space for each. Plus I've tweaked the feeding schedule some since then. I gave him the copy of my spreadsheet. If he does beat me though, at least I'll be the beneficiary of the bigger yield.

Good to be back. I was starting to miss it and was gonna start something myself but now I'm a spectator. It's kinda nice though. I get to poke my head in the tent but don't have to do the labor.

I'm in. I see success so far...Seeds germinated. :goodjob:

Welcome Jim, good to see you in one of my journals again. Ole Dad isn't gonna let him wander off the rails too far.

Subbed up

Welcome Islandgrow. Hopefully things will pick up some steam in the next week or two.

Everyone got a 20oz drink this afternoon of week 1 feed. That will probably last them till Friday when they'll move on to week 2's feed schedule.

I'm in, dying to try sour diesel but smell is an issue for me... I will follow while drooling.

I have read your NL Auto journal. I don't want to get this thread off topic, mind if I PM you about NLA issue?

I have read your NL Auto journal. I don't want to get this thread off topic, mind if I PM you about NLA issue?

Feel free, I'll see if I can help. I'd change 2 things about that grow if I did it again. Then again, there's always something I think I could do better, which leads to the next grow.

PS, I work night shift so I'm normally on here during night time hours in the USA and asleep during the day. Just in case you send a message during the day and it takes me a when to respond, that's why.

You read it right. My NPK ratios are based off data from some tissue samples AN did some years back that showed plants using a ratio of 7-1-5 in growth and 5-1-5 in bloom which is contrary to the high P values in most bloom nutes (table below). My feed schedule during the grow period comes out with a blended NPK of 7-2-5 (pretty close to the 7-1-5 of the tissue samples) and the feed blend in bloom comes out at 5-3-5 (if I dropped out the Mag Pro it would be 5-2-5, real close again). I did a bit of a side by side in my Science Fair journal a few grows ago. The result of that one didn't show a significant benefit of using bloom nutes. I decided to run with the a bloom formula that was 3-5-5 for my next grow (the Blueberry and Northern Lights) just because I found that mix came out perfect at 6.5 PH without having to do any further adjustments. Toward the end of the grow I ended up having some issues of buildup that I hadn't encountered when using a 5-2-5 ratio, so back to it I go. There's a good read if you Google "Fertilizer Program for Containerized Plants II" which is also where I get some of my beliefs, right or wrong.

Image_175.jpg

Back
Top Bottom